AIFS Study Abroad in Berlin: Summer

AIFS Study Abroad in Berlin: Summer

Enjoy a summer in Berlin, a city that is a cultural and cosmopolitan kaleidoscope. Earn 6 or 12 credits through either a 4 week or 9 week session with courses in conservation, culture, ecology, geography, German language, history, music, religion, social science and more. Courses are taught at Humboldt University in English, and no previous German language study is required.

You will live in a centrally located university apartment, with a meal plan included for lunch on campus. Enjoy cultural and social activities such as visits to museums and cultural sites and cooking classes. Session one includes a day trip to Potsdam and optional excursion to Warsaw, and session two includes a day trip to Dresden and an optional excursion to Prague.

Berlin has a huge diversity of cultural offerings including world class museums, world renowned orchestras, opera houses and theaters, as well as a thriving contemporary art and music scene. Whatever your taste Berlin will inspire you.

Europe » Germany » Berlin
Classes
Some Activities
Some Meals
Travel Insurance
AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages are available.

Nicole
Springfield, Missouri
Missouri State University

There's a whole other world that I love.

This program was perfect for me. It was four weeks in the summer of 2014 when I went, and it was perfect because that didn't interfere with any of my classes during the year. The class that I took was called "Land in the City, Green in the City," and it explored all the ways that Berlin incorporates plants, trees and other greenery into the city. We spent maybe one day a week actually in class and the rest was spent exploring the various forests, parks, rooftop gardens, university greenhouses, and buildings with greenery inside or on the outside of the building. The rest of the time was spent exploring the city and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone. I wouldn't have had so many delicious meals if I hadn't pushed myself. We also had excursions planned for three of the four weekends. We went to Potsdam, Dresden, and Prague in the Czech Republic. Our director was also super helpful with planning any additional trips, or even just to find the best food around. Leaving Berlin was just as hard as leaving my hometown to go to Berlin. More than anything, I feel like I left a piece of my heart there and I want to go back and visit very soon.

Emily
Fayetteville, Arkansas
University of Arkansas- Fayetteville

Exploration and Beyond

This program allowed a lot more freedom and independence than I expected coming in. Mostly, I was pretty scared to to go abroad, so going off on my own wasn't an idea I'd thought about. But once there, I saw how easy it was to be anonymous and adventurous. There were several days out of the week I'd dedicate to exploring the city on my own. The classrooms are located in the heart of the city, within walking distance of some of the biggest attractions like the TV Tower, The Berliner Dome, and Museum Island. I ended up getting a year long museum pass and going to the museums after class several times a week. The trip allowed me to come back to America more open and independent than when I left.

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer.

With over half a