AIFS Study Abroad in Berlin, Germany: Summer

Spend the summer in the modern and historic city of Berlin with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 12 credits through a variety of courses studying at Humboldt–Universität. Courses are taught in English or German with no previous German language study required.
Live in a university apartment in a single or double room, with a shared kitchen and bathroom. Not far from the subway, commuting to campus will be easy from your apartment. A meal card to subsidize the cost of lunches on campus is included in your program fee.
In Berlin, enjoy cultural and social activities such as museum tours, cultural and historical site visits, and a boat trip. Session 1 students will enjoy an excursion to the Baltic Sea, and session 2 students will take a trip to Dresden. For both sessions, a day trip to Potsdam is included in your program fee. A 2-night tour of London is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
Optional trips to Warsaw, Poland (session 1), and to Prague, Czech Republic (session 2).

• Transcripts issued by Humboldt–Universität
  • Day trip to Potsdam
  • Excursion to Baltic Sea (session 1) or to Dresden (session 2)

Nicole

There's a whole other world that I love.

This program was perfect for me. It was four weeks in the summer of 2014 when I went, and it was perfect because that didn't interfere with any of my classes during the year. The class that I took was called "Land in the City, Green in the City," and it explored all the ways that Berlin incorporates plants, trees and other greenery into the city. We spent maybe one day a week actually in class and the rest was spent exploring the various forests, parks, rooftop gardens, university greenhouses, and buildings with greenery inside or on the outside of the building. The rest of the time was spent exploring the city and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone. I wouldn't have had so many delicious meals if I hadn't pushed myself. We also had excursions planned for three of the four weekends. We went to Potsdam, Dresden, and Prague in the Czech Republic. Our director was also super helpful with planning any additional trips, or even just to find the best food around. Leaving Berlin was just as hard as leaving my hometown to go to Berlin. More than anything, I feel like I left a piece of my heart there and I want to go back and visit very soon.

Emily

Exploration and Beyond

This program allowed a lot more freedom and independence than I expected coming in. Mostly, I was pretty scared to to go abroad, so going off on my own wasn't an idea I'd thought about. But once there, I saw how easy it was to be anonymous and adventurous. There were several days out of the week I'd dedicate to exploring the city on my own. The classrooms are located in the heart of the city, within walking distance of some of the biggest attractions like the TV Tower, The Berliner Dome, and Museum Island. I ended up getting a year long museum pass and going to the museums after class several times a week. The trip allowed me to come back to America more open and independent than when I left.

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....