High School Study Abroad Program: Trek Through Europe

High School Study Abroad Program: Trek Through Europe

Why Study History & English while Trekking Through Europe?

Imagine studying the French Revolution from the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace of Versailles or World War II from the trenches of France and Germany. The quick-paced Trek program brings the ghosts of history alive as students are immersed in some of the most exciting locations in Europe, from the Tower of London to Dachau Concentration Camp and the Charles Bridge in Prague.

There is no typical day at MEI as we take great pride in designing each day to be an inspiring and adventurous learning experience. The Trek Through Europe program includes five weeks of overseas travel to London, Paris, Strasbourg, the Swiss Alps, Munich, and Prague.

Czech Republic
Direct Enrollment
English Literature
Statement of Purpose
Age Requirement
$8,995 CAD (5 weeks overseas)
Hotels and accommodations, Breakfast and dinner daily, Entrance fees to all course-specific sites, Course Components,
Ministry-approved credit(s) upon successful completion of the course(s), Custom course pack, Student Login, MEI journal, Digital yearbook, Fall reunion
Lunches, Insurances, Departure taxes - For approximate cost, please contact our office, Local transportation (e.g. taxis), Gratuities,
Registration fee, Course texts
Switzerland > Lauterbrunnen

MEI is Outstanding for Those who are Both Eager to Learn and Adventurous

MEI was truly the experience of a lifetime. From learning about the French Revolution at the Palace of Versaille, to exploring the Swiss Alps and becoming one massive family with the students and teachers, MEI was an experience I will never forget. Throughout my experience, I managed to gain a whole new appreciation for history and literature, an appreciation I would not have gained if I had not attended this trip. Through MEI, I managed to gain a whole new perspective of the world through exploration and learning with fantastic teaching and wonderful peer support. I highly recommend looking into this trip (and others offered by the academy) to individuals eager to become enlightened through exploring and travelling.

Little can be done to improve this program, however due to the fact that the academy is run through an Ontario based school board, there was some overlap with what students from Alberta learned in grade 11 Social Studies, and what was taught by the academy.

My MEI Testimonial

"I went into my MEI adventure without knowing anyone else, and very felt nervous about making friends. However, the minute I met the group at the airport my worries left me - everyone had such a welcoming attitude, making it easier for me to feel at home! Once abroad, it did not take long for our group to become one big family, and I was able to share many wonderful relationships with many wonderful people as we explored Europe together. I am forever thankful to MEI for drawing me out of my shell and offering me the best summer of my life."

If you are considering taking park on the Trek Through Europe MEI program, you should do it. Not only is this program educational and helps fast track you through high school and lighten your year course load, it is an amazing way to have an exceptional summer, make life-long friends and mature as a young adult. I would personally go on this trip 100 more times if I could. Some memories I will carry with me forever include watching and celebrating Germany win the world cup while living in Munich, Germany and visiting Vimmy Ridge on the 100th anniversary. This trip was one of the best months of my life. If you are on the fence about going on this trip, do it!

About MEI International Academy

With MEI International Academy you'll need to bring your passport, because the world is our classroom. Rather than a typical exchange program, high school students and recent graduates from around the world travel from city to city and country to...