View Other Details
Contemporary world issues are complex and ever-changing, and Hungary is at the forefront. This two-week program offers a blend of cultural immersion and impactful service learning. By living with a local host family, you’ll experience Hungary’s history, food, and culture firsthand. Furthermore, you’ll gain insight into Europe’s current events, geopolitical challenges, and sustainable development solutions. Through interactive workshops and hands-on community service projects, this program inspires and empowers participants to act as inclusive global citizens in the U.S. and abroad. Specifically, you’ll examine and join the work being done to integrate and support minority populations in Hungarian society, all while experiencing “The Pearl of the Danube” and Hungarian culture! You’ll even have a chance to explore Vienna, another breathtaking European capital.
- Introduce yourself to Magyar—Hungary’s unique language.
- Explore the city of Budapest, affectionately called “the Paris of the East.”
- Spend a long weekend with your host family in the countryside and learn what daily life is like in a Hungarian family!
- Make connections and memories you'll never forget with other AFS exchange students from around the world.
- Become a global citizen. Gain intercultural communication skills. Build your college and career resumé.