• Hungary

Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Classes Travel Insurance
Feb 09, 2022
Jun 13, 2022
3 travelers are looking at this program

CEA’s programs in Budapest will give students a chance to experience the world and see this multicultural city from a different perspective. We are offering two programs at this location, Business - Economics, and Social Sciences. You will also get the chance to take a Hungarian language course or Budapest history course in either program.

Our partner university, Corvinus University of Budapest, is Hungary’s leading institution for higher education in business and economics, and the perfect environment for you to learn alongside local and other international students.

You’ll also venture outside the classroom and the city with CEA’s excursions and cultural engagement opportunities that help you get the full experience of living abroad and gain a deeper cultural understanding of the city and country.

CEA makes sure your housing, health, safety, social engagement, and other needs are taken care of. Giving you the best possible study abroad experience is our top priority.

Program Highlights

• Take courses at Corvinus University of Budapest, one of the leading universities in Hungary.
  • Excursions included.
  • All courses are taught in English.
  • Beginner Hungarian language course available.

CEA Scholarships

CEA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Studying abroad will change your life, improve your employability, and enhance your global competence. That's why we commit more than $2.0 million each year to our financial and scholarship programs.

$400 - $3,000

Merci

Studying Abroad In Budapest, Hungary

My study abroad experience in Budapest could not have been better. I've been living in the U.S. since I was little but technically I am Hungarian so I wanted to learn more about my culture and heritage by coming here. I ended up leaving with a lot more than that; the city is beautiful, the old architecture combined with modern areas are breathtaking, the people are really nice and conversational, everyone speaks English so there is basically no language barrier, but obviously you will run into people who only speak Hungarian but that makes the experience more exciting. Budapest is also one of the cheaper European cities which will be really nice for your wallet after traveling around so much. Budapest also has so many varieties of restaurants, anything from traditional Hungarian food to Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern, Peruvian, and etc. There's countless amounts of parks, all offering something different. The city also has such a young feeling to it while preserving it's history; there are so many ways you can enjoy a quick little drink with your friends at outside pubs or markets during the day, the nightlife is also great in terms of safety and endless opportunities. You could never get bored in this city and if you do decide to try it out, I recommend going to Margaret's Island, Karavan, and one of my favorite hikes Normafa! I also made a whole account dedicated to my Budapest travels on instagram called @backinbudapest if you want to go see what I did during the semester in more detail!

Pros
  • Very cheap compared to other European or American prices!
  • Easy public transport with student ticket (includes trams, metros, buses, trolleys, etc)
  • Budapest is the European capital of thermal baths; countless of Turkish baths, wellness baths, saunas.
Cons
  • Not the best customer service; they're more laid back.