View Other Details
- Lectures & guest lectures in English
- Excursions, workshops & events
- Welcome & Farewell Dinner
- Help with application and preparation
- Enrolment & administration
- Help, contact and support in Bali
In this 4-week course, participants will learn the fundamentals of photography and videography while exploring one of the most popular island destinations in the world: Bali. With its varied landscape of hills and mountains, rugged coastlines and sandy beaches, lush rice terraces and barren volcanic hillsides—all of which provide a picturesque backdrop to its colourful, deeply spiritual and unique culture—Bali stakes a serious claim to being paradise on earth.
Through practical exercises, students will experiment with creative composition, camera controls, lighting, and timing. STD Bali will guide participants to explore the narrative aspect of travel photography and videography. Using storytelling techniques as a tool to communicate experiences and visions, the focus will be on representing places, events, and themes. Students will also gain familiarity with a variety of techniques for correcting or improving images and footage through the use of computer software.
- Gain expertise about camera operation and techniques
- Experience tropical living in Bali firsthand, and learn how to capture these special moments with your camera
- Earn up to 10 Credit Points
- Make friends with people from all over the world
- Gain deep insights into the cultural diversity of Indonesia