Study Abroad in Bali, Indonesia at Udayana University

Fell in love with the place... and of her!
Doing some cultural tourism
Udayna University international campus
Udayna University international campus
Asia Exchange students in Bali
Asia Exchange students in Bali

Study abroad in the gorgeous Bali, in Indonesia, and join the international program at Udayana University, one of the country's most prestigious universities!

Asia Exchange students take part in the BIPAS program (Bali International Program on Asian Studies) that introduces topics from Social Sciences, Business and Economics, International Relations and Communications with an Asian focus. The interdisciplinary, English-language program suits students from various backgrounds. All the courses are part of the official undergrad curriculum at Udayana University. Students can earn up to 20 US (35 ECTS) credits per semester.

Asia Exchange has striven to make the program fee as affordable as possible without compromising quality service and excellent academic standards of the program.

Combine living on the paradise island of Bali with an interesting academic program and complement your degree with a touch of Asia!

You can go on exchange to this program without being enrolled at a university, as long as you’re at least 18 years old. Thus, this is also a great fit for gap year students who want to prepare themselves for academic and working life while discovering some of the most intriguing places in the world.

There are several options for housing in Bali. Basic apartments with few facilities, fancier apartments with shared kitchen and pool or villas with full facilities and staff are all options. Students search and pay for the accommodation themselves. Asia Exchange recommends a few agents, you can check their websites to get a better idea of the more high-end accommodation options https://www.study...

Wesley

A must-DO for everyone!

I studied abroad at Udayana university with AsiaExchange in autumn, 2018. This program was definitely a life changing experience for me and I would definitely recommend is to everyone! The organization was well structured and the employees were very friendly and helpful which ensured a smooth stay for me. The university is well developed and meets all the required needs, I didn’t notice one moment I felt uncomfortable here. What excited me at the university were as well the teacher, they have such a different perspective on life than what were usually used to and it gave me a lot of new insights, also this view online changes their perspective on certain university topics and it’s a great opportunity to see the opposite side of the story, I think this will provide an overall benefit. This program is definitely a must do for everyone who wants to study in paradise and gain the experience of a life time!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar thing I ate was definitely Cat-Poop Coffee.
Sarah

Semester Abroad in paradise

Coming to Bali to study abroad was definitely the best decision I made so far. Not only meeting people from all over the world thanks to the internationality of Asia Exchange, but also the island itself makes a semester abroad there the best thing you can do. The people (students and locals), nature, the culture, the food, nightlife, surfing - it offers so much diversity, fun, and freedom.
Since the lectures just take place maximum three times a week, there was plenty of time to get around the island and even explore the neighboring ones. The program and staff of Asia Exchange itself were super helpful, before as well as during the stay. The level of the courses was good to handle, mostly it's just some more paperwork to do.
All in all, I really enjoyed the Bali life so much that I extended my stay for six more months and I was not the only one! ;)

Frieda

Perfect for People without plans after university

All my friends did their abroad studies during their studies. I kind of missed this opportunity. While I was writing my Bachelor Thesis, I really didn't have a clue what to do now. Work and Travel in Australia like everyone else? AuPair like all the 18 YO? But then I heard about Asia Exchange from a friend.

The application is done in a really short time, there was no long waiting time with worries. My acceptance letter came in really soon after I've sent my application. The special thing was, that you don't have to be enrolled in your home university. A perfect shot for me.

I organised my accommodation on my own, but found some people in a facebook group organised by Asia Exchange. When we arrived they also organised a special weekend for some people, so got to know each other better. At our university there were two mentors, one from finland, one from the US. They organised field trips, freetime activities, had office hours at our university, so we could talk to them about every issue.

They also organised appointements at the registration office for our visas, I didn't have to do anything. That was awesome.

I felt in good hands with Asia Exchange, everything was easy and well structured. If you're doing a gap Year between your Highschool and your Bachelors and your Bachelors and your Masters, it's a perfect way to do it.

The offered classes could be more flexible and variable. Also the academic standard could be a bit higher.
Malin

A great experience

I was studying at Udayana University for two semesters! It was as an wonderful experience that I would recommend for anyone thinking about going abroad! Bali is the perfect place to learn and experience different cultures. Except that the surfing, food, beaches, people, sun and much more had made this to an amazing time. Asia exchange has been helpful during the whole time and been given good information that was needed. Bali will be my second home forever and Asia exchange made this possible! I recommend this for everyone !

Annika

Semester

Exchange semester has been great! Studying is relaxed and the culture studies are interesting. Best thing is the people. AsiaExchange is very good and much more international than other programmes. Travelling is also easy to organize and Bali is full of activities. I have tried surfing, diving, yoga etc. Oh and the food! Bali is full of great food. A great place for vegetarians and meat lovers. I can definitely recommend.

Better information about mandatory excursions and extra days
Nicole

Amazing

I am so happy I chose to go with Bipas to Bali. Great program and great teachers! I love to be able to go to the beach after my classes and I have a lot time to go surfing. I've been doing a lot of traveling to amazing places on this island. This is a great opportunity to see and experience their culture and visit all the temples and their beautiful nature.

I can really recommend this program!

Emil

Best decision ever!

I made the decision to apply for Udayana University in Bali, provided by Asia Exchange and it was the best decision I've ever made. The apllying process was very easy and quick, and I've spent the 4 best months in my life so far. I have no complaints, only praises for the Asia Exchange team, they're very helpful and friendly, and I've managed to acquire some lifelong friendships :) Can't no anything but to recommend highly! DO IT!

The teacher student communication could be digitalized or at least improved in a way that students get all the relevant information regarding course assignments, tasks, and general information.
Sabrina

An amazing experience!

I did an internship with Asiaexchange in 2015 and I'm so grateful to have that opportunity to be able to stay longer in Bali. The experiences and all the opportunities opened up for me. Meeting new people from all over the world and making new friends is something I had always hoped for. I feel rich not because of money, but because of the memories I gained. I recommend everyone to go out of their comfort zone to experience something amazing. It is something no one can explain, you have to experience it yourself :)

Melissa

Amazing exchange!

I loved my exchange experience at Udayana! I would 100% recommend the Udayana exchange program from Asia Exchange to anyone interested in learning more about Asian culture in the middle of paradise. This amazing place and the memories you will gain as you study here will never leave you, and this experience will add instant color to your CV as well. Don't miss out on this chance to explore Southeast Asia and learn more about yourself in the process.

Guillermo

Best Decision of my Life

Too many amzing things I could tell about my experience at Bali. The BIPAS program from AsiaExchange gave the opportunity to live a unique experience. Beside the fact that the program covered all the academic requirements my home university demanded, the program guided me to gave a great cultural and social experience. Bali has to offer way much of what of I could even imagine, and AsiaExchange showed it to me.

Include a greater variety of courses so it is possible to take more credits.
Sabrina

Best decision

Best decision in my life. I would recommend it to everyone who think about studying abroad. Lucky I had the chance to go overseas and study with the exchange program. This experience changed everything in my life. I got to know about the people, their culture and their architecture, which is such an interesting thing. All that differences to my home country are just amazing to see how it influenced me in a good way. I got so many friends from different countries, which was just possible with the international program Asia Exchange. I would do it again!

learn more about their culture
Michael

Study in Paradise

I certainly had some of the best months of my lifetime in Bali during my semester abroad which was organised by Asia Exchange.
Bali is the perfect destination to have a unique experience of studying and living in paradise. The island is amazing and the expenses are affordable so that even students can live a quite comfortable life.
The Exchange program was organized very well, the quality of the lectures was better than expected and the staff was very friendly and helpful at any time.
I would totally recommend this study program to everybody.

Reetta

Amazing exchange semester

I had already visited Bali many times, fallen in love with the island and tried to find a way to stay longer. Asia Exchange gave me the possibility to do an exchange semester in Bali although I had already graduated from my home University. I had the most amazing 4 months of my life, getting to know people from all over the world and learning so much more about the island I had already grown to love.

More cultural workshops
jenny

studying in Bali

My studying experience in Bali was amazing. I got many new lifetime friends from different countries, I got to know better culture in Asia and I will never forget this experience. Courses in University udayana were interesting and balance between school and freetime activities were good. Ofcourse I experienced some culture shock at first but Asia Exchange staff gave us good tips and useful information. I would recommend studying abroad via asia exchange to everyone who wants to get life changing memories.

Location:
88 F / 73 F
Airports:
Ngurah Rai International
( DPS )

Bali is known for its diversity of landscape. No matter what kind of natural beauty you find most stunning—mountain ranges, blissful rice fields, serene rivers, gorgeous canyons, and stunning waterfalls—Bali has it all.

Alumni Interviews

About Asia Exchange

Asia Exchange offers the most convenient, affordable and academically rewarding study abroad experiences in Asia-Pacific. Our twelve partner universities are located in the most intriguing cities and places in the world. Applying is simple and you...