Service Learning in Ireland

Crafts with Kids, Service Learning, Summer 2018
Crafts with Kids, Service Learning, Summer 2018
Nice to Explore Outside of Service Learning
Nice to Explore Outside of Service Learning

Explore the world's friendliest country engaging with a local community and immerse yourself in Irish heritage and culture through service in one of our three locations: Donegal, Carlow or the midland town of Birr!

Customize your Service Learning experience to meet your academic requirements choosing from a variety of project areas: Heritage preservation, community education and gardening, non-profit organization initiatives, aging and elder-care initiatives, and neighborhood beautification.

You will have the unique opportunity to gain insight to every day living in Ireland while developing deep connections and relationships within your host community. This not only fosters global citizenship but also, encourages self-awareness and enhances your critical thinking skills.

• Excursions to local historical sites Cliffs of Moher, Glendalough National Park and cities like Dublin and Galway
  • Cultural activites such as Irish language lesson and Irish dancing
  • Onsite supervisor and 24/7 in-country support

Allison

Service Learning in Ireland!

The Service Learning Trip to Trim, Ireland is one that I will remember for a lifetime. As a graduate student, it was my first time studying abroad and it couldn't have gone better. Learn International was there every step of the way to ensure that I was informed and comfortable. The program was well structured with a good balance of academic curriculum, community engagement opportunities, and time to explore Trim and surrounding countryside. The experiences I gained through the program are irreplaceable and of great value to me personally and as a professional.

I would encourage this program to be lengthened by a week or two. While we had a few opportunities to serve the Trim community, I felt that I we could have done more to interact and volunteer within the community if given another week or so.