CEA Study Abroad in Galway, Ireland

Explore Ireland’s western coastline and learn what makes Galway the “cultural heart” of Ireland! Enjoy the thriving theater and music scene, taste the delicious seafood, and go kayaking at Salthill, a popular resort area on the northern shore of Galway Bay.

CEA partners with National University of Ireland Galway, where you’ll study with Irish and other international students. Ranked among the top 1% of universities worldwide, NUI Galway offers many areas of study: Accounting, archaeology, botany, chemistry, ecology, economics, engineering, English language and literature, environmental sciences, film studies, finance, French, gender studies, geography, history, and Italian.

CEA offers volunteer opportunities, excursions to other cities, and many other cultural and learning activities to complement course offerings and turn Galway into a classroom.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s waiting for you!

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions

Julie

An Amazing Experience

After living in Galway for 2 months, I can say that it is my favorite place I've ever been to. Galway has somewhat of a city feel while still having a small-town, cozy feel. I've become friendly with the locals and it's impossible to go into town without meeting a new person. Galway has a young, diverse population and is an amazing place to study. Everyone in the city is extremely friendly. I have easily made friends with several of the Irish students and joined clubs on campus.

The class registration portion was a frustrating process. Myself and several other people on the program originally were not able to get into the classes we needed to count for our home university. After several weeks of emails and petitions, I was able to get into the class, but it was a long, complicated process. Making this process simpler could definitely help out future students.
Margaret

CEA Study Abroad- Galway, Ireland Fall '16

I studied at the National University of Ireland at Galway. I miss the city's friendly atmosphere everyday! NUIG is a great research university, offering courses to most majors. All my professors at NUIG were incredibly knowledgable and kind. When I needed a break from my studies, I could easily take day trips to places like the Burren, Connemara, the Aran Islands, or longer trips to other counties! I spent most of my time walking around the city's bustling streets, listening to traditional Irish music, and meeting new people! CEA was a great provider to study abroad with. My CEA onsite leader, Tom, was helpful, understanding, and fun to hangout with! Our itinerary got my group traveling and visiting some of the most beautiful sights Ireland has to offer.

Hannah

Left my heart in Ireland

Galway is a beautiful and vibrant city with the friendliest people; it captured my heart.

The University was top notch with some exceptional professors that are always available to help you if needed. The academics are high quality but the structure of tests and the work load is different from the US and some US students might find ease in it.

The housing that CEA provided was very nice and in a safe neighborhood within walking distance of the school, town, and the grocery store. Individual rooms are supplied with flatmates that comprise people in your program and other international students.

Galway city has plenty of things to do and see, even though it's relatively small. It's full of lovely, fun people and lots of culture. There is always something to enjoy in town. Galway is also a prime location for day and weekend trips to some beautiful place. The Aaron Islands, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara, and even Dublin are within visiting distance.

Overall, I felt taken care of by CEA, the University, and and all the staff. Everyone in the CEA program and other international programs were just as excited to enjoy the study abroad experience and lasting friendships were made.

It would have been nice to have a CEA staff member be an available contact and resource at anytime. I suggest an office on or near campus, somewhere easily accessible for students. At the time our program contact was a local graduate student at NUI-G.

About CEA Study Abroad

With 20 destinations across 11 countries, CEA Study Abroad offers an ideal balance of academics, internships, and adventure to more than 4,000 students each year. Find out where learning abroad can take you by clicking the “Visit Site” button and...