Graduate Programs in Ireland at University College Cork

Welcome to our beautiful campus!

Choosing a graduate program is one of the most important academic decisions an individual will make in his or her lifetime. Between researching the scholastic significance, institutional history, campus integrity, and affordability of each university, that choice can become daunting.

Enter into this realm of academia University College Cork (UCC). Founded in 1845 and named the "Sunday Times" University of the Year for two consecutive years, UCC is a picturesque campus located in a safe and vibrant city. All of the university's graduate programs --in the humanities, the sciences, business, law, and medicine-- are internationally recognized and reasonably priced to accommodate international students, and many are accelerated one-year programs.

• one-year accelerated programs
  • internationally recognized degrees
  • FAFSA approved institution
  • welcoming, vibrant, & safe (small) city environment
  • campus dedicated to sustainability and a student body passionate about social issues

SJ

Time in Cork

Landing in a new country and completely alone was quite daunting, to say the least, but wow, it was Ireland! A beautiful and highly reputable country that carries a terrific presence in the world. I was ready to begin my journey. I will say, it was tough at first, adjusting to the culture, norms, and the overall isolation away from home. Though, as time crept by the city grew on me and the University was astounding. I decided to take a step away from my undergrad studies of accounting and English literature and take a step towards the realm of politics and international relations. I was in an unfamiliar world of political and theoretical debate, learning the ideologies and opinions of citizens from across the globe, including Iran, Latvia, the UK, and (obviously) Ireland. It was insanely stimulating, and I dove into the material hard, absorbing all that I could. It's truly fascinating stuff. I absolutely standby my decision to get an MA in International Relations and the choice to study abroad. I have made incredible friends from France, Malta, and Ireland, and I have traveled across Europe, both solo and with friends, going to Spain, Romania, and Portugal. I have had a truly brilliant experience and opportunity to grow abroad because of the decision to get an MA at the University College Cork (UCC) and I'll always take that with me wherever I go.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Driving on the opposite side of the road and standing along the Cliffs of Moher.
Response from University College Cork

SJ ~
Thank you so very much for submitting a review and testimonial about your experience at University College Cork. It is heartening to read about your transition from isolation to cultural immersion, and I am so happy to learn that you will leave the experience not only with scholastic take-aways, but also with an incredible group of friends. I will be sure to pass along your comments, concerns, and lessons with my colleagues.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your graduate student journey. It is so appreciated!

-Caela Provost, US Representative, University College Cork

Read my full story