Dublin City University International Summer School

Go explore with Ireland's newest International Summer School at Dublin City University June 2019! Situated in the heart of Europe's Celtic Capital, Dublin City University is one of Ireland's top universities, with AACSB accreditation in Business.

In this 4-week program, you will learn about Ireland's unique culture, history and heritage by selecting two of the following courses: Ireland: Politics, Society and Culture; Media in Irish Society. Each class offers 45 credit hours (suggested 3 US credit transfer per class) and is taught by Dublin City University faculty; Ideal for meeting major, minor or general education requirements towards your degree program.

Being just 20 minutes from the city centre, it's easy to pop on a bus to enjoy all our wonderful city has to offer: historic sites, museums, cafes, sport venues, not to mention the shopping. Plus, you can be at the airport in just 20 minutes to explore greater Europe on a free weekend!!

• Supportive staff for 24/7 support
  • Location! Location! Location! in the heart of Dublin City
  • Public transport card and airport transfers
  • Excursions to Dublin, Galway, Kilkenny and more
  • A variety of field-trips built right into your curriculum

Cullen

Dublin

Studying away in Dublin this past summer was a great experience. Dublin is an amazing city and the transportation is extremely easy and convenient. The Learn international staff were super supportive, kind, and there whenever you needed them. Being able to learn inside the classroom, go on excursions, and have time for yourself to explore Ireland was really amazing. The overall experience is something I won't forget and would recommend to anyone.

Jorden

Unforgettable!

I had the best time in this program! The classes were interesting and the field trips related to them were educational and fun. The staff are welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful! The excursions that Learn International planned are beautiful. The whole group got to explore a lot of the island. I absolutely love the staff! They are super nice and understanding. I never felt nervous to talk to them about anything. Overall it was an unforgettable experience!

Try to get the classes to stay in the same classroom. But it wasn’t that big of a deal to change!
Samantha

DCU Summer In Ireland

Overall the DCU summer school experience was amazing. I think having such a supporting team and teachers put this program together really helped. I like that we were able to experience Ireland in and outside of the classroom. Innovation was probably my favorite class because we got to go on field-trips looking at innovative family business and we even did a scavenger hunt around Dublin. Overall this program was a great learning experience.

The only thing I would say needed to be improved was the lack of wifi in our rooms (only in the common room) which made it difficult to complete homework alone.
Kobi

DCUISS2018

The program was exciting and fun from day one. You jump right into the heart of Dublin and begin learning about the country immediately. The classes I took were engaging and I learned a lot about Ireland. The professors were great and made the classes enjoyable. The trips we took as part of the classes and outside the classes allowed us to visit almost every corner of the country and the island. I always looked forward to them. The staff were helpful and always answered my questions quickly and completely. This program has opened my eyes to a world of possibilities and I am grateful for it.

This program could be improved if the classes were in the same room the entire program.
Emily

Such a Fun Program!

I absolutely loved participating in the DCU International Summer School! I never thought I was cut out for Study Abroad Programs, but I had so much fun and learned so many things from this program! All of the staff were so nice & so helpful, and always made sure we were safe and having fun! The 2 classes that I took were very interesting and had great professors & amazing field trips! I loved being able to explore a new place and meet new people! I couldn’t recommend this program enough!

Matthias

DCU summer school program

There’s a lot of things to say about this program. The people who run it are amazing and help to make sure that you get the most out of the program. You get to spend a whole month taking classes in my opinion one of the most beautiful cities in the world and you get taught by some great teachers. Another part of the program I really enjoyed is the different field trips you get to go on during the month both for school and as a visitor you really get the opportunity to explore Ireland and all it has to offer. I would highly recommend this program for someone looking to get some credits during the summer and to explore another part of the world.

Emily

Great, friendly staff and an amazing program!

I am so happy and satisfied with my experience interning with my placement through Learn International. I am glad my school partnered with Learn International and provided me with an internship experienced like nothing I could have experienced if I was home. The staff, other students and companies they paired with were friendly, accommodating and supportive to my needs, skills, strengths and weakness. I feel proud of myself for doing something I did not know I had the capability of doing before this experience!

About Learn International

Learn International is an Irish owned and operated Study Abroad Provider located just outside of Dublin, Ireland. We offer short-term (8-12 week) Internship Placements, (4-12 week) Service Learning programs, Summer Schools in Ireland (4-week...