USAC Ireland: University College Cork

USAC Ireland: University College Cork

The Cork program offers students the opportunity to enroll in a range of courses in a variety of disciplines at the University College Cork (UCC), one of the oldest universities in Ireland. Discipline choices include: Archaeology, Biological Sciences, Celtic Civilization, Chemistry, Commerce and Technology, History, Irish Studies, Nursing, Music, Applied Psychology, Applied Social Sciences, Physics, and Law.

Ireland remains a unique country with its own traditions, values, and views of the world. Time in Ireland will challenge you personally, open your eyes to different ways of looking at the current topics in our world, and enable you to experience Irish culture and history.

• Live in Cork City—one of the Lonely Planet World’s Top 10 Cities to Visit—whose identity is balanced between its charming historical heritage and modern cosmopolitan energy
  • Study at Ireland’s leading university and benefit from an innovative, research-led curriculum taught by world-class academics
  • Explore the Skellig Region and Ring of Kerry in the included Heritage Weekend field trip
  • Enjoy a state-of-the-art sports complex with facilities including: swimming pools, saunas, steam rooms, gyms, rugby, soccer and hockey pitches, tennis courts, running tracks, and cafés
Europe » Ireland » Cork

Miranda
Springfield, Missouri, USA
Missouri State University

Wouldn't Change A Thing

I easily fell in love with UCC, Cork, and the local people. Everybody was very welcoming, caring and interested, and I felt like a local in no time. I met people who will be forever friends, and Cork will forever have a special place in my heart. There's not a single thing I would change about my experience abroad, and USAC is a big reason for that. It was so hard for me to leave Cork and the people I came to love, and I'm now counting down the days until I get to go back.

Megan

UCC and Cork City

My study abroad experience in Cork, Ireland was amazing! I made some of the best friends there and we all the loved the Irish culture. We traveled all around Ireland and Europe during our time abroad. I only went to school twice a week and the course work was not challenging at all. This gave us more time to explore cork and the rest of Europe! The night life in Cork is great! Go to Havanas, Voodoo, and An Brog for a great time!

Ciara
Reno, NV
University of Nevada Reno

Cork

Ireland is an incredible place and USAC made it even better. I always knew I wanted to travel to Ireland. With the field trips USAC offered, I was able to see the beauty of the Irish countryside and people.

Having our resident director, Mary, there was a great resource for us. She was always there to help and on trips she would tell us stories about her life living in Ireland which gave us a great perspective and made it very special.

The classes I took were incredibly interesting and gave me the opportunity to interact and make friends with the locals.
Overall, Cork, Ireland was the best experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone!

As always, there are going to be some issues with housing, but the landlord was pretty good about fixing things.

Robyn
San Diego
University of California- San Diego

Simplicity at its Best

It's a fantastic program for students who just want to go abroad and do their own thing. It helps fill all basic necessities to get abroad and get credit without any of the unnecessary add-ons like cell phones, an outing every weekend, etc. The USAC staff in Ireland were very attentive in meeting our needs and making sure they were there to support us. This is perhaps most important to have while abroad and I am very grateful for that. This program was the best for me because it was the cheapest, they met all of my basic needs that are complicated to sort our alone, and gave me a great deal of independence in my study abroad experience.

My biggest concern was housing - USAC did not help with housing much, but relied on UCC to provide us with details and links to apply for housing during our stay. I would have much more preferred a little guidance and aid in securing a home for the semester.

USAC is a non-profit consortium of U.S. universities that collaborates to offer affordable, academic and authentic study abroad programs. There are abundant opportunities to immerse in the culture, history, and academics of other countries providing an unforgettable experience. Each program is designed to help you