Interior Design and Furniture Design Course

The Academic interior design Lab brings the students into direct contact with the reality of interior design. Throught different subjects, sketching, drawings, design, technology, history of art and design, the student gets the knowledge to control the process of interior design. The lessons take place in an architectural studio where the students can work on real projects, side by side with architects, designers, artists and companies. The international relationship with our partners all over the world give the student the opportunity to deal with diffent cultures, while manteining the impression and the quality of Italian design.

- Sketching

1-2-3 months courses
1-2 years academic courses with diploma
1 year master

ezgi

The experience of a lifetime!

My visit to Italy was for one month to study in Studium Architecturae - Florence Design School. My main goal was to improve my architecture practice. I knew what my deficiencies were in my studies. In Studium Architecturae I found an opportunity to be able to focus on the lack of my architecture knowledge with the help of professors. I learned a lot of new things that I did not had a chance to learn during my studies in college. It was really valuable for me to design everything by thinking about every detail. Experiencing the language of shape, importance of light, sketching and even drawing techniques gave me a new approach and a new way of thinking. It is a privilege to be able to work with professors who are professionals at their job and willing to teach. Studium Architecturae is an international design school which allowed me to experience to work with people from different countries. Learning to collaborate with different people from different cultures and backgrounds enriched my mind and my architectural knowledge. I also join different workshops during my education in Studium Architecturae. From the workshops I attended I had the chance to learn new materials. Also how to use and prepare them.
I believe that this experience strongly enriched my future studies and helped me have a better prospective in my career and it was a good experience for me to get to know different approaches to architecture.

Niki

Unconventional and an interesting way of learning!

Studying directly into an Architecture firm is one of the best concepts I have come across. I am studying my Master's in Interior and Furniture Design and I have been giving the opportunity to work on real projects along with my studies, which gives you a deeper experience about the mindset and work ethics of Italian Design. There area also various design workshops and field trips where they help you to connect art with design. The professors are very friendly and would help in every way. The one on one relationship between the students and the professors is what makes the course more easier and interesting.
I was also given an opportunity to intern in the studio after my first semester ended and it is only adding up to my great experiences in the school.

Stella

Absolutely, recommend it!!

I attended a 8 months Master at Studium Architecturae Florence Design School and I discovered a new way to approach the Design and the composition of the shapes, finishings and colors. During the courses, I attended different lectures about the History of Design, Design studio, Technology and Drawing, which were very interesting and absolutely innovative. Moreover i made even different workshop such as, visiting and sketching several important Italian Interior architecture ( real Jewels ) in several cities and the famous International exhibition of Design "Salone del Mobile" in Milan where I had practised with a real company of Design. The professors are very capable, professional and kind. The class had only 6 students so we had receive a great attention in order to better improve the knowledge. I learned a lot.

About Studium Architecturae - Florence Design School

Florence Design School of Studium Architecturae is an internationl school located in Via degli Artisti in Florence, a district known for its history of artistic production. The School is specialized in interior, forniture and architectural design....