CEA Study Abroad in Florence, Italy

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, CEA Study Abroad has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily and may be offering flexible booking options and/or online programs as well. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Florence
Florence
Sunrise in the Sahara, Morocco
Living on the edge, Cliffs of Mohr, Ireland

Capital of Italy’s Tuscany region and known as “the cradle of the Renaissance,” Florence has long been a source of inspiration for visionaries such as Galileo Galilei, Leonardo da Vinci, and Niccolò Machiavelli. It is known for the Cathedral on the Pizza del Duomo, a domed edifice engineered by Fillipo Brunelleschi, which includes an iconic bell tower rising high above the city. This once-Roman city, established by Julius Ceasar in 59 BC and steeped in history, is the present home to fashion designers and major wine labels.

The CEA Florence Center offers a variety of learning opportunities in English and Italian where you get to explore the city with your professors as guides.

In addition to Study Abroad programs, explore CEA Internships Abroad Florence, our dynamic program that provides hands-on, practical experience to help you rise above the competition.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s waiting for you!

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions

CEA Scholarships
CEA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Studying abroad will change your life, improve your employability, and enhance your global competence. That's why we commit more than $2.0 million each year to our financial and scholarship programs.

$400 - $3,000

CEA Excursions in 3 words: Veni, vidi, vici

🚨SPOILER ALERT 🚨 I came;I saw; I conquered Florence, Italy with CEA. My experience with CEA excursions was perfect! In the Summer of 2018 I explored a winery in Tuscany and ate from a selection of local meats & cheeses and fresh bread with Tuscany famous olive oil! I drank delicious wine from the vineyard with friends from my study abroad and intern classes with CEA. On top of all that I got to experience the beautiful city of Milan, Italy. Where we saw the famous 3rd largest Catholic Church in the World and Also visit the Famous Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II and many more amazing sites for a weekend! Highly recommend for anyone interested in food, art and new adventures!

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you so much for your review of CEA’s wonderful excursions from Florence, Sarah! Your recommendations will help serve as a guide for future students when researching their own Florence programs with CEA. We appreciate your kind words and wish you the very best in your future endeavors!

Sarah

Study outside the classroom with CEA Study abroad!

I studied abroad in the Summer of 2018, I throughly enjoyed my experience! I took The culture of Food and Wine course and learned through excursions and classroom discussions. My professor was not only professional but knowledgeable about the local & National Italy cuisine and wine! She took us to food markets, gelaterias and many more. I really enjoyed learning how to pair food and wine. I highly recommend to anyone whose interested in learning about the history of food and wine in Italy to check out this program!

Sarah

Study outside the classroom with CEA

I studied abroad in Florence, Italy in the Summer of 2018 and learned so much about the local cuisine and wine through excursions and classroom discussions. I took The Culture of Food & Wine and was blown away by how professional the professor was and how knowledgeable she us on the subject. She introduced us to several food markets, gelaterias and so much more! We even learned what foods to pair with wine and the history of Italians relationship with both. I learned more with CEA study abroad class than I would have on my own!

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you so much for your review, Sarah! Your detailed feedback will help serve as a guide for future students when researching their own study abroad destinations with CEA.

Nikki

A Life-Changing Experience!

This program was nothing short of incredible. The entire staff was so supportive and helpful, from pre-departure to alumni status. They were really friendly and provided us with many opportunities to get involved and experience the local culture outside of our regular classes. The classes were engaging and incredible relevant to life around us. My favorite was an art history class- I could walk around Florence, look at sculptures and architecture, and really know what I was talking about! The professors know that you spend a lot of time enjoying the city and traveling, and take that into account when assigning coursework. I highly recommend exploring this program option- you will get support and a well-rounded experience that you won't get anywhere else!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Liver pate! Something unexpected for me, but you try a lot of new things abroad and are grateful for the experiences you have.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Nikki, we appreciate your thorough, positive review of your semester in Florence! We’re so happy to hear you had such a life-changing time abroad with CEA – especially hearing how interactive and impactful your art history class was. Be sure to stop by and say hello the next time you find yourself back in Florence 🙂

Jamie

Choose CEA!

CEA is such a helpful, well-organized, and fun program dedicated to making the transition to living in a foreign country seamless. The teachers prioritize their students' abroad experiences by giving them a quality education, but also recognizing that learning outside of the classroom through real-life experiences is important. They also make sure that although you are surrounded by American students very frequently, you also experience the culture and meet the locals. I would recommend anyone looking for cultural immersion, traveling experience, and new friendships that will last a lifetime to choose CEA and study in Florence, Italy, a city that is filled with Renaissance art, history and some of the most amazing pizza and pasta that you will ever eat!

CEA is a very well run program and I wouldn't suggest any improvements
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Jamie, thank you so much for your thoughtful review, and your positive experience is music to our ears! Your review will help guide future students when deciding on a study abroad destination. We wish you all the best, and be sure to stop in and say “Ciao” should you find yourself back in Florence!

Isabel

Go With CEA!

I had the pleasure of studying abroad in Florence, Italy this past winter through CEA. Although I was studying thousands of miles away from my hometown in North Carolina, the CEA team made my arrival, transition, and overall experience comfortable and exciting. The accommodations CEA provided went beyond the classroom. They offered safe housing in desirable city spaces, alternative scholarship opportunities and travel vouchers, out-of-the-box extracurricular activities, and 24/7 personal assistance if necessary. I HIGHLY recommend traveling with CEA and would seriously consider traveling with CEA again in the future.

Not applicable!
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you for your thoughtful review, Isabel! We’re so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone and grew from a fantastic experience studying abroad in Florence with CEA. We wish you the best in all your endeavors!

No, I don't recommend this program

Florence was great, CEA isn't!

Studying in Florence was amazing. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to live in such a beautiful place with such a rich history for four months. However, my experience with CEA, which included being talked down to countless times, brushed off repeatedly, and being harassed by two male staff members, was awful. The classes were not hard and weekend traveling was relatively easy, but by the end of the program I was actually afraid while at school.

Better staff. From teachers to directors to people assigned to ensure students' safety and wellbeing, the staff is rude, condescending, and unhelpful.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We regret to hear you didn’t have a great experience abroad. We take the student experience very seriously and strive to provide a safe and enriching environment. CEA policies advise faculty, staff, and students how to report any concerning situations and CEA has support resources in place for students who feel unsafe at any time for any reason. Our U.S. based academic team would like to engage in further conversations; please contact us at ProgramManagement@ceastudyabroad.com.

Elijah

Studying Abroad with CEA

Studying abroad with the CEA Florence program was the best ever! I lived 3-4months in the beautiful region of Tuscany. Florence, being the capital, is the hub of that. Everyday I spent time tasting delicious Italian cuisine, immersed myself with the locals, learned Italian, and enjoyed learning more about the Italian culture and life.

The staff at CEA are some of the best. When needing guidance or even suggestions, they are there for you. In terms of academics, the classes aren't too difficult at all. The teachers are amazing as well, don't be afraid to speak up when in need of help, they will be happier than ever to help. Fret not, the support you need and want will be there.

I could ramble on and on about this program! 10/10 I would recommend this program to future students.

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Making the effort to fully immerse yourself in your destination abroad can be scary. We are glad you dove right in. Best of luck, Elijah!