Semester in Rome | Business & Entrepreneurship

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Barker Business Abroad.

Why Rome?
Rome is a stunning city and it really is like nowhere else in the world. Explore ancient streets, feel the passion of the city and eat pizza, pasta and gelato. Discover what it means to live like a Roman in this iconic city.

Living in Rome
It's not just Italy -- it's Rome and it's an amazing to get to call home. You'll live in a share flat in the city center with your own single room. Your diet will probably consist mostly of pizza, pasta and gelato. When you're not busy working on your business, you will enjoy living like a Roman.

Why Barker?
Barker is the study abroad provider for business and entrepreneurial students. Our programs are focused around business and entrepreneurship- including events and excursions. Our program fee includes full-time tuition, a single room in a nice, city center flats, weekend excursions, business and social events, airport pick-up, visa assistance and an on-site director.

Study abroad better with Barker.

• Weekend excursions to world-renown business events, conferences and expos
  • Live in a city that is rich in culture and a lost history of entrepreneurialism
  • Enjoy having your own private room in a nice shared flat
  • Social & cultural events
  • Network with industry leaders, professionals and experts at our networking events

Sasha

La Dolce Vita

Studying in Rome was the most amazing experience ever. I'm an International Business major with a concentration in Entrepreneurial Studies, so Barker was perfect. Classes were all good and professors were cool (all pretty standard w/small classes), but what whats the best was the events/excursions. I had been working on a startup idea for years and got so much more done on it during this semester because of these events and conferences we went to. I even met some VCs and angel investors at one expo and now have awesome connections in case I need funding in the future. We also did other random things with the program like a cooking class at a local restaurant, a wine tasting at a vineyard just outside Rome, etc... (point is- it wasn't only business-type stuff).

Rome is a great city to study in and the university is located in a nice residential area just maybe a 15 minute walk to downtown. We lived in sweet flats and really did live like locals. I never wanted to do a homestay, but also didn't want to go abroad to live in a building full of US students either (might as well stay in the US then), so Barker housing was the best. We didn't have classes on Fridays, so went away a lot of weekends. Rome is super easy to travel from: there are tons of trains that go all around Italy and then two airports with lots of cheap flights to other countries (and I mean cheap- one weekend we did Morocco for 60 euro roundtrip and the South of France for 30 euro another weekend).

About Barker Business Abroad

Barker is a different type of study abroad provider- our programs are tailored to meet the needs of business school students as well as those students with entrepreneurial aspirations. We aren't a one size fits all study abroad company. Our students...