CEA Study Abroad in Rome, Italy

Study abroad in Rome and discover la dolce vita— the sweet life. Imagine studying art history as you gaze up at the Sistine Chapel, or learning theology just a few blocks from the Vatican. Life in the Eternal City is an experience of a lifetime!

Students attend classes at the centrally located CEA Rome Center, or with CEA’s partner, the Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali (LUISS). Courses at both locations are designed for students of all Italian language levels and are complementary, with business, Italian language, and social sciences taught at CEA; and politics, philosophy, and Economics taught at LUISS.

In addition to study abroad, the CEA™ Internships Abroad, offers you a hands-on, pre-professioanl experience to help you rise above the competition.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s possible!

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions

Hi, thanks for stopping by! Deadlines vary by program, so we would recommend checking out the different program dates to see which is the best fit for you. Here is a link to CEA's Rome programs for you to check out: https://www.ceastudyabroad.com/explore/programs/rome .
Hi Ric. Yes, we only offer programs for U.S. and Canadian students. Normally, we require a minimum GPA requirement of 2.5 to 3.0, depending upon the program. Feel free to explore our locations on GoOverseas. You can also find more information at our website: www.ceaStudyAbroad.com !
Hey Molly! This is a question best answered by the provider :) Contact them directly here: https://www.ceastudyabroad.com/contact-us
Best bet for these questions is right here: https://www.ceastudyabroad.com/student-faq

Juliana

Studying Abroad in Rome with CEA

I could not have been happier choosing CEA to study abroad in Rome, Italy. They provided a wonderful structure for the programs and allowed for so many great opportunities. I enrolled int he Full Curriculum program that partners with John Cabot University (JCU), and I absolutely loved it. The CEA Center and student apartments are in a neighborhood that's a great location within walking distance of JCU and anything else important to Rome, including the Trevi Fountain all the way to the Colosseum. The classes offered at both CEA and JCU are wonderful, and I truly enjoyed all of them. The CEA staff was always eager to help students with major issues or simply giving advice on local favorites for food or gelato. I loved the CEA excursions to Florence and other cities! Learning how to make fresh pasta early in the semester during the cultural experiences helped with cooking throughout the semester! I would highly recommend studying abroad with CEA in any country, but especially in beautiful Roma!

Jillian

Excellent program!

I had an amazing time studying abroad with CEA in Rome. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had some unforgettable experiences, met some amazing people and at a lot of delicious Italian food. I enjoyed having Rome as my home base after weekends traveling. It was the perfect size for me as I got to know certain areas really well but was also always discovering new things. You can never run out of things to do in Rome!

Have a wider variety of courses to take at CEA.
Ryan

Beyond Expectation

CEA Rome offers spacious housing in a great location, diverse courses, courses designed for the exploration of Rome and the understanding of Italian culture, fun excursions both in Rome and in greater Italy, intelligent and helpful staff members, and employs strong professors. Objectively, the program is very strong from a logistical point of view. What is even more notable, though, is the relational and atmospheric aspects of CEA Rome. It is in these categories that the staff members exceed all expectations. The staff of CEA Rome is genuinely fantastic and work hard to create a welcoming, inclusive environment. They are accommodating, easy to talk to, and fun to talk to. Even when I did not have class at the center I would want to go and simply sit and talk with the staff. The atmosphere at CEA Rome is what blew me away about the program. While I enjoyed the diverse courses and the excursions, each day and each trip was made much better by the simple fact that it was genuinely enjoyable to be around each and every staff member. The center acts and feels like a community that is fantastic to be a part of.

While it would have been impossible given the students that went to Rome the spring as I did, I think the program could improve with a class geared towards conversational Italian for those students who already have a background in the language.
Grace

A Semester I Will Never Forget

The semester I spent abroad in Rome with CEA was one of the best of my life. I met amazing people, learned a lot about the Italian culture, ate some of the best food in the world, and discovered more about myself in the process. Rome was the perfect city for me because there was always something new to do if I was not traveling on the weekends but is also a very easy city to come in and out of when I was traveling around Europe. I have made unforgettable memories with friends I will have for the rest of my life and if I could go abroad again, I would in a heart beat.

More course offerings at CEA would have been nice but the option of being a part time student at John Cabot helps combat that a little bit.
Elise

amazing

i had the time of my life while studying abroad in Rome. although i was home sick for a lot of it, I took full advantage of my time here and i knew that so many kids my age do not have the opportunity to do what i have done for the last 4 months. i was able to travel europe, and visit all of the cities that i never thought i would ever be able to. This is definitely an experience in my life that i will be talking about for years to come, and i would 100% recommend to anyone thinking about studying abroad to do so because it truly is life changing.

Colin

Learn a lot in an intimate setting in a crazy cool city.

Taking two classes, in Roma, Italy was the best decision I ever made during my undergrad college years. The classes were small (just me the 5 other students in the program). This presented a more intimate setting, for learning in a fun and adaptive way. Doing presentations in front of 5 people + the professor was a great way to get comfortable with public speaking. I constantly think back to my classes in Roma, where the presentations were fun to give and the professor would give feedback in the class. Very enjoyable experience. And the classes were relating to International Business, not public speaking! That was just a bonus. The location being Rome, needs no recommendation. You know it will be incredible.

Longer (only 5/6 weeks)! But that might be my fault for taking the summer session.
Kyle

Studying Abroad in Rome

The program was great! When I first signed up, I had some apprehensions but after landed in Rome I was greeted by the friendly staff of the CEA and all my fears were assuaged. I made friends from all different schools and states while over here and the memories we have made I'll cherish for a lifetime. The school itself does a good job teaching content to the students without overburdening them with coursework. Studying is only one half of studying abroad.

More social events to mix the students.
Olivia

Rome If You Want To!

Studying abroad is the best choice I have ever made. Studying abroad in Rome is the second best choice I have ever made. Rome is a central location filled with so much culture and history- you could live here for years and still not seeing everything!
Applying was simple and CEA was always there throughout the process to answer any questions I (or my mother..) had.
The CEA Rome Center definitely encouraged us to see as much as we could. They were always available for an in-person meeting (however, e-mail isn't as reliable). Everyone there really wanted to make sure we felt at home and learned the Roman way. They were all so enthusiastic to show us Rome and learn more about their students. They always asked to make sure they were doing everything they could to help us.
My classes were interesting- perhaps not as rigorous as my home university but definitely more interesting. Three out of my five courses (New Testament, Stoic Philosophy, and Art History) had amazing on-site classes on a weekly basis. My Italian class had monthly culture immersions. This was definitely a highlight of the program. Being able to be on-site almost every day of our Monday-Thursday class week enhanced the experience ten times.
I have no regrets choosing Rome and CEA!!!

More chances to be immersed in the Italian culture- living in an apartment with all American students was nice but having a choice to live with Italians would have been cool.
brooke

Chance of a lifetime with CEA

Studying abroad is the chance of a lifetime. You get to travel the world while also learning new cultures and creating memories and experiences with people you will never forget.

CEA was super helpful with answering all my questions I had before going abroad. They were there every step of the way, which made me feel more comfortable about going somewhere I had never gone before. They make the application process simple and help you figure out which program is best for you.

I loved the staff at CEA Rome Center. They definitely made it feel like a home away from home. They were helpful, kind, understanding, and funny. Before I went on my weekend trips with friends, I would ask the staff if they had been where I was planning to go, because they usually knew cool local spots and places I wouldn't have thought to look for on my own.

I took interesting classes like Business Ethics in a Global Context, Cross-Cultural Management, Italian, and Social history of the Italian Mafia. The classes were small and hands-on, and I enjoyed both the professors and the things we learned about. It was a very cool learning environment that I will never forget!

I am so grateful that I studied abroad with CEA!

Robin

CEA in Rome

I really enjoyed studying abroad with CEA. I took Thermodynamics for my major requirement and Photography as a humanities course. My thermo course was taught very well, and photography really allowed me to explore a lot of Rome. The excursions with the other courses that were going on (such as Art and Archeology) were open to people who weren't in the class, which again allowed people in the program to see parts of Rome that they might not have otherwise known about.

CEA set up a lot of great experiences / excursions for our program, all expenses paid, such as a pizza & gelato crawl, pasta making class, an overnight trip to Campania, and a day trip to Florence. These events helped me make the most of my time in Rome, and allowed me to get to know the people in my program better.

Justice

Best Semester Ever!

For my first study abroad semester, I made the right choice by choosing CEA. The staff was always available and always made our trips to enjoyable places. The academics provided fantastic culture experiences and we equally as challenging. My Italian professor Elda made every effort to emerge us into the Italian culture through hands on experiences as well as making sure we were understanding the language itself. Each of my professors made a huge effort of helping both inside and outside of class. Overall, CEA is a wonderful program.

Consider having a half Italian and half American apartments to help improve their Italian.
Jordan

Ciao!!

Cea Rome has been an amazing experience. The staff is super helpful when anything goes wrong in your apartment. They offer great recommendations on local places to eat, shop, and travel. The activities and trips they set up for you are fun and enjoyable. The give you enough free time on them to do your own thing, while providing good guidance for the "must see activities." Cea Rome is a big enough program that you're never alone, but also small enough that you can form friendly relationships with the kids in it. I enjoyed being able to bond with them and travel around Europe with them! CEA Rome has amazing housing that are located near the CEA center to make convenient when going to class. Overall I had a great experience with CEA Rome!

I believe the program can be improved by sending the dates of the planned activities out early before kids book their travel. It wasn't a huge issue, but would have been fun to go on some of the day trips that were planned on Saturdays.
Devon

A second home in Rome

CEA has provided me with everything I could possibly ask for and more in a study abroad experience. We all got amazing one on one assistance before and during traveling over seas, full-orientation with the school program and the city, amazing planned day/weekend trips, fun Italian activities throughout the semester and fantastic recommendations from the staff on any questions I had. Everything went smoothly within the program and after 4 short months, I can truly say that I have found my second home in Rome and have fallen in love with the city thanks to CEA. They provided us with apartments in the residential neighborhood of Prati that is close to the Vatican but easy enough to avoid tourists so I never felt like a visiter. The realtors of the apartments were also extremely helpful with any technical problems. Just to give an example of how great CEA is with their housing, our apartment was in and out of hot water for a few days so after fixing it, they sent my 5 roommates and I out to an amazing dinner! Of course there are always things that go wrong, however CEA always finds a way to fix them and make up for them!

Possibly making more organized syllabi for classes, because some guidelines and expectations were confusing. Other than that, I truly can't think of anything that I could have hoped were different!
Christine

Home is in Roma

Rome is an amazing city. The Italian culture takes a bit of getting used to, as there are a fair amount of social rules, but it is an amazing experience to learn and grow in a new place. The CEA staff are super helpful with the adjustment and with anything you need (Caterina literally helped me when I was trying to get my eyebrows done). This program was an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend.

Some of the professors are less than ideal and treat the program like more of a joke than the students. I would definitely have some checks in place to make sure they are actually doing something and not letting their students struggle for their own personal enjoyment.
Erin

Home Sweet Rome

I'm glad I decided to study abroad through CEA. They were more than helpful before coming abroad, when I asked them tons of questions. They placed us into a very spacious apartment - which I had not expected! The location was in a safe area and relatively close to lots of attractions. There is a strict attendance policy and they do allow for holidays, but they are made up on Fridays. The program did offer some included trips and classes, which were great. We had two trips that took us to the Campania region (Naples, Sorrento, Pompeii, Capri on the Amalfi Coast) and Florence. They provided transportation and a few meals. I also attended both the pasta making class and clay making class which were a fun time! I additionally recommend CEA because of the safety measures they took. They sent out a poll before each weekend asking if we were traveling outside of Rome. If answered yes, the poll proceeded to ask questions about flight information and where we were staying; so that in case something were to happen, they could reach us and make sure we were safe. I'm so beyond grateful for my experience and wish future study abroad students the best four months possible. Enjoy each second - it goes by too fast!

The attendance policy was a tad strict!

About CEA Study Abroad

With 20 destinations across 11 countries, CEA Study Abroad offers an ideal balance of academics, internships, and adventure to more than 4,000 students each year. Find out where learning abroad can take you by clicking the “Visit Site” button and...