• Italy

Program Details

High School Diploma Associates Bachelors
Apartment Host Family

Pricing

Included: Personalized Pre-departure Advising; Tuition & Registration; Travel Medical Insurance; On-site Orientation; Housing; Volunteer Opportunities; On-site Staff Support; Excursions and Cultural Engagement; Host Institution Services & Amenities and more. Scholarships available.
What's Included
Some Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Classes Travel Insurance
Feb 15, 2022
Jun 22, 2022
113 travelers are looking at this program

Study abroad in Rome and discover la dolce vita - the sweet life. Imagine studying art history as you gaze up at the Sistine Chapel, or learning theology just a few blocks from the Vatican. Life in the Eternal City is an experience of a lifetime you don't want to miss!

Students attend classes at the centrally located CEA Rome Center, or with CEA’s partners, the Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali (LUISS) and John Cabot University. Courses at both locations are designed for students of all Italian language levels and are complementary, with business, Italian language, and social sciences taught at CEA; and politics, philosophy, and Economics taught at LUISS.

In addition to study abroad, the CEA™ Internships Abroad, offers you a hands-on, pre-professioanl experience to help you rise above the competition.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s possible!

Program Highlights

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions

CEA Scholarships

CEA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Studying abroad will change your life, improve your employability, and enhance your global competence. That's why we commit more than $2.0 million each year to our financial and scholarship programs.

$400 - $3,000

Milo

Great program, but Rome isn't very accessible.

The experience was very fun, and I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing so many historical places. I enjoyed life in Italy while here. I would recommend though that any disabled students look into accommodations before deciding because Rome as a city is not very accessible. CEA did do a good job at accommodating as they could, but the infrastructure of the city itself including its housing and public transportation is the larger issue. Overall, if you are able bodied, go for it, but look into city life here first if you are disabled.

Pros
  • History
  • Art
  • Food
Cons
  • Inaccessible city
  • Too hot in summer
  • Very busy area
Sophia

Great Time in Rome!

CEA Study Abroad in Rome has been a great experience. I took an engineering class (material science) and a humanities class (culture of food and wine in Italy). I highly recommend taking one of the humanities classes while in Rome because it is an excellent way to be immersed in the city's culture and learn about its rich history. The housing is pretty nice, the location in the Prati neighborhood is definitely a perk. The staff is easy to reach and helpful, but my university (Michigan) did not do the best job of delivering information about the program.

Pros
  • Endless museums and historical attractions
  • Great food for everyone
  • Public transport easy to travel around Rome and Italy
Cons
  • Hot weather with no AC
Amanda

Enjoyed CEA

This was my first time abroad and CEA has been extremely helpful in helping me learn how to navigate abroad. I took a history class and a global communication class. The history was very very informative and exciting. I enjoyed the walking tours. The global communication course was okay. I wouldn’t take it again it just was really hard to follow along and didn’t meet the expectations that I thought it was going to be. I really enjoyed CEA, I think an important thing to note is that the program is not accessible for people with disabilities. I would recommend going through CEA for a study abroad program.

Pros
  • Able to see a lot of Rome
  • Learn and understand the history of Rome
Cons
  • Not accessible for everyone
Sam

I had a wonderful experience.

I had an amazing time studying abroad in Rome. My roomates were amazing except for our 3 week roomate. There wasn't a problem with him, the heartbreak of him leaving was terrible. We cried for days and our only consolation was la officina calzones and kookie and caramel gelato from gelati gelati. Praise the Lord we were in Italy and we had gelato readily available. I don't know what we would have done without it. Overall, I would recommend this program to anyone who is interested in studying abroad.

Pros
  • Homeless Population
  • Jollibee
  • Little rat dogs
Cons
  • Italian women
  • Jollibee
  • That one dude who honked at me when the light was clearly green
Sarah

Trip of a Lifetime

Studying abroad is the best decision I have ever made. I have made amazing friends, learned so much history, ate amazing foods, and gained a new cultural lens. Living in Rome has taught me so much about life and opened my eyes to things I never would have thought about. The Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, and Vatican are truly as stunning as everyone says, and the gelato is the best dessert you'll eat, but my favorite part is walking down the street and feeling like I belong here. It's the little things that make me the most happy during my journey - using a phrase or word I just learned, going to the grocery store, becoming friends with the man who makes my coffee every morning. When away from all that's normal, these little moments of belonging feel the best. These are the things I will close my eyes and miss the most (although mysteriously ending up at the Trevi Fountain every few nights isn't a bad one either).

All aspects of your life will improve while abroad and this can be seen within all of my classmates. Your confidence will increase, as well as your awareness of others, education, life goals, and more. Studying abroad opens your eyes to a plethora of things and the CEA staff is there for you every step of the way to ensure that your time here is the absolute best it can be.

Pros
  • Educational
  • Confidence Building
  • Fun!
Cons
  • Lots of Walking
  • Long Days
  • Hot
Ryan

Great Time

These few weeks have been wonderful. From arriving at the airport to the apartments to the classes to the longer planned trips I never felt like I was completely on my own. In my case, I showed up a week and a half late because I got Covid 4 days before my flight. They stayed in constant contact with me as we waited it out and supported me up until I arrived even though it was late. Good classes, environment, and planned trips (florence, campania) that let to an overall great and wonderful experience!

Pros
  • Food
  • Atmosphere
  • Most people speak English
Cons
  • saw a rat in our apartment stairwell twice
  • City can be confusing
  • paying for water sucks
Kate

Study Abroad in Rome

This has been an amazing experience! The history and architecture that Rome has to offer is unmatched and beautiful. Also tickets to other European countries are extremely affordable, so my roommates and I were able to travel to Greece! CEA has a lot of free events that were integral to my experience. My favorite was the pasta making class, and i’m excited to go on the overnight trip to Campania this weekend! Overall study abroad in Rome was a very valuable experience and i enjoyed it immensely.

Pros
  • Architecture
  • Beauty
  • Study
Cons
  • No air conditioning
  • Very little nature
  • Pure city
Sydney

Rome Summer 2019

I loved getting to be a part of the city and learning how to navigate it with my roommates. We learned so much about the city by getting to immerse ourselves through interactions with people on the streets and in businesses. We lived in an incredible location that allowed us to walk to almost everything we wanted to see. The best part was getting to spend every evening in Piazza Navona eating gelato with my roommates. Some of us took similar classes and got to study together. We also got to go on two trips with our program, to Florence and Sorrento.

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you for your review, Sydney! We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience in Rome with CEA. Your insight will help guide future students when researching their own study abroad programs! Be sure to stop by and say “ciao” the next time you’re in Rome, and we wish you all the best!

Hi Peo, We would love to assist you with study abroad planning. One of our requirements is that our students are at least 18 years old. If you would like to speak with an Admissions Counselor, please give us a call at 1-800-266-4441. Thank you, CEA Enrollment

Hi, thanks for stopping by! Deadlines vary by program, so we would recommend checking out the different program dates to see which is the best fit for you. Here is a link to CEA's Rome programs for you to check out: https://www.ceastudyabroad.com/explore/programs/rome.

Hi Ric. Yes, we only offer programs for U.S. and Canadian students. Normally, we require a minimum GPA requirement of 2.5 to 3.0, depending upon the program. Feel free to explore our locations on GoOverseas. You can also find more information at our website: www.ceaStudyAbroad.com!

Hey Molly! This is a question best answered by the provider :) Contact them directly here: https://www.ceastudyabroad.com/contact-us