Dolomit offers study abroad programs in the Italian Alpine province of Trentino, one of the most diverse and dynamic regions in Europe.
Our goal is to provide innovative programs that allow students to delve into pressing topics and develop professional skills, while engaging in a mutually beneficial exchange with the hosting community.
The curriculum focuses on sustainable practices in food production and environmental protection; heritage conservation and public use of the past; socially engaged design and creative practices. Interactive lectures and in-class activities are combined with meetings, visits and labs in the Italian Alpine area, Verona, and Venice. Assignments include individual and group projects that students plan and develop according to their interests and goals, under the supervision of our instructors.
- Reside in Trento, a thriving college town at the top of life quality rankings, strategically located to enjoy the outdoors, visit major Italian cities, travel to Austria and Germany, and much more.
- Hike in the Dolomites and sleep in a mountain lodge; take a ferryboat on Lake Garda; get to know the Iceman, the prehistoric mummy; explore Verona and Venice with locals: these experiences are integrated into our active learning curriculum.
- Make a positive impact on the local community working on real-life social and cultural projects.
- Take an intensive Italian class to better understand the local culture and interact with people.
- Transfer credits earned through the Sustainability, Heritage and Creativity courses with our US school of record, the BCA Study Abroad consortium.