View Other Details
Pre-departure Orientation and Preparation
Health & Wellness orientation workshops with local health and mental health professionals.
Individual health & wellness kits for COVID
Access to on-campus office space (shared with other MSSG students).
Safe & Smart: Orientation with the local department of prevention
Individualized support system (peer mentors, academic advisors)
Two guided cultural excursions
Welcome "Taquiza" for all incoming students, faculty & peer mentor
The ability to use mathematical techniques to model real-life situations gives participants in this semester a definite advantage in a world with problems that become more challenging and complex every day. In this semester, we provide the basic tools to tackle a variety of dynamic problems. Covering topics such as Algebra, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Differential Geometry, Dynamics Modeling, and Probability, the programs offers a new look at these subjects based on their applications.
Students will be immersed in a rich and challenging academic environment on campus at CIMAT (Centro de Investigación en Matemáticas A.C.). The students will also have the opportunity to take Spanish Language or Mexican History & Culture courses. Count on small class sizes and a welcoming, academic community of highly-esteemed researchers in the fields of Pure & Applied Mathematics, Probability & Statistics and Computational Sciences and a highly-motivated, diverse group of peers.
- Innovative and rigorous academic program in Applied Mathematics
- Campus life: Opportunity to immerse yourself in a community of researchers from around the world.
- Culture, art & history abound in our lovely, colonial city!
- Learn, practice and improve your Spanish through formal classes & informal, cultural immersion activities
- Independent housing in beautifully renovated apartments (no shared rooms).