Culture and Language Abroad is a small, local, non-profit organization founded in 2015 by fur ex-study abroad addicts who wanted to give its participants the best, most authentic experience Mexico could offer.
The program is located in the city of Guanajuato which is a long time favorite for curious travelers, avid photographers and adventure seekers. Guanajuato is a medium size colonial town (about 180K inhabitants) with intricate pathways and cobblestone streets.
- Improve your Spanish skills
- Earn up to 15 US university credits
- Meet new people and make friends for life
- Explore Mexico and break stereotypes
- Get out of your comfort zone
What to Expect
All study abroad students must enroll in a minimum of four courses (and up to five)at the University of Guanajuato each semester. You can choose your courses within any division based in Campus Guanajuato.
Schedule varies on course by course basis; classes are 55 minutes.
$3500 - Enrollment at the University of Guanajuato up to 5 courses
$2500 - Homestay in Guanajuato (all meals included)
$1,863 - Operations & Administration
$1345 - 3 Day trip to Mexico City and two one-day excursion to rural and indigenous communities nearby Guanajuato
$1113 - Student travel insurance, Airport pick-up/drop-off, orientation activities, welcome/goodbye dinner, etc.
- Online Pre-Departure Orientation
- Travel insurance
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Housing and all meals
- University tuition at the University of Guanajuato for up to 5 courses (15-18 U.S credits)
- Spanish classes as linguistic support throughout the semester
- A three-day excursion to Mexico City
- A one-day excursion to San Miguel de Allende
- Two one-day trips to nearby rural communities
- Volunteering opportunities
What's Not Included
Housing & Meals
Mi casa es su casa, is a very popular Mexican saying that means 'My home is your home'. Our host families go through a careful screening process to make sure they've met all the conditions required and are eager to host you.
Your homestay will provide
A private room with a bed, closet, and a desk
Your laundry washed once a week (optional)
Friendship, integration as a family member, conversation in Spanish and advice when appropriate
Our host families are all within 15 - 20 minutes walking distance (or an 8-minute bus ride) from downtown Guanajuato.
Homestays provide three meals a day + snacks