View Other Details
All coursework and academic materials
Pre-departure Virtual Orientation and Preparation
Assistance in reserving housing (choose from a list of approved independent housing & home stay options)
Orientation workshops with health and mental health professionals.
One-to-one 24/7 support from healthcare agency (with two COVID19 tests included for arrival and departure)
Access to on-campus office space (shared with other MSSG students).
Safe & Smart: Orientation and guided tour of the city & local transportation
Individualized support system (peer mentors, academic mentors)
Support from the team of Peer Ambassadors & Academic Mentor
Welcome "Taquiza" for all incoming students, faculty & peer mentor
Spend a semester in the culturally vibrant and beautiful colonial Mexican city of Guanajuato Capital. Join a cohort of international and national students on the CIMAT (Centro de Investigación en Mátematicas A.C.) campus to study the mathematical foundations of data science.
The aim of this semester is to learn and master the mathematical and computational foundations necessary for students to deepen their knowledge and practical skills in areas related to data science. Students can also take advantage of Spanish and Mexican Culture & History elective courses. Every semester offers a cultural calendar, an extended network of peer and professional support. Students can participate for academic credit as long as all coursework is approved by their sending school.
- Small classroom sizes and individualized instruction
- Earn transferrable US College credit
- Enjoy the beautiful and vibrant, colonial city. Walk easily to cafes, restuarants and cultural activities.
- Immerse yourself in the diverse and active academic culture of CIMAT a world renowned research center.
- Work closely with researchers and learn concepts and skills that are relavent to the field.