International Mountain & River Guide Education in the Himalayas

River expedition in Nepal
River expedition in Nepal
River Expedition.
River Expedition.
Our students on the trek in the Himalayas!
Our students on the trek in the Himalayas!
High camp.
High camp.
Summit a Himalayan peak!
Summit a Himalayan peak!
Knot practice.
Knot practice.

IMRGE is an intense three month expedition based outdoor leadership training in Nepal.
This educational trip challenges the students to push their limits and reach new heights in life - paddling some of the world's best whitewater rivers and summit a Himalayan peak. During the education, students are part of the expedition crew and acquire the skills needed for a career in the fast-growing field of adventure tourism.

Students will gain knowledge and experience of both the hard (technical) and soft (interpersonal) skills, and graduate with international certifications that ensures highest standard of safety and a solid base of guiding skills. Along with studies in sustainability, this will set the students apart and let them look for work around the world.

MODULES incl. Leadership, Sustainability, Wilderness First Aid, High Altitude Trekking & Guiding, Basic Mountaineering, Navigation, Expedition Skills, Raft Guiding, White Water Rescue & Basic White Water Kayaking.

• Reach the top, summit a Himalayan peak!
  • Push your limits, paddle some of the world's best rivers.
  • Show your skills, graduate with international certificates.
  • Work sustainably, to become future leaders of the industry.
  • Get work through our Global Network of Adventure Businesses.

Daniel

Amazing Experience

Without exaggeration this course was literally life changing for me as it gave me the energy to quit my profession and explore new fields.
We had a very strong team and the camaraderie between the teammates was incredible and formed life-long bonds. Teamwork and leadership skills were a constant in the program.
The course was challenging; both physically and mentally. It was planned well and set out in a way that provided for hands on training. It also allowed people of different strengths to go at their own pace and pushed people to their own level. The skills of our instructors was clearly at a top level and they were always happy to provide more practice where it was needed. There was always a big emphasis on safety. As well as developing the practical skills the course also moulded the attitude of an international mountian and river guide.

Frida

Fun experience

This program was for me a real Adventure! I developed so much physical and fysical trough the three mounths in Nepal on this program. It was for sure a life changing experience! The teachers during the program was first class according to me! They took everything very seriously to learn us about the ropeworks and rafting tecniques. We spend many hours on the river and the teachers looked at every individual so that everyone could make it to the same level of experience. Now I have friends for life and an Adventure I'm never going to forget thanks to this program. I don't regret anything I did during this three mounths. If anyone is unsecure about going in this program I only have one answer for it: just do it!! If you are a beginner in the outdoors it will not be a problem because the teachers will gives you the best opportunity to learn everything you need to know!