University of Guelph: New Zealand / Canada Exchange Program

University of Guelph: New Zealand / Canada Exchange Program

Study Abroad at Massey University, Lincoln University or UNITECH in beautiful New Zealand! All three programs are Fall and/or Winter bilateral exchanges with the University of Guelph in Canada.

Oceania » New Zealand » Auckland

Malisa
New Zealand / Guelph, Canada
Massey University

Student Exchange at University of Guelph, Canada

Doing an exchange in Canada was the best decision I ever made. Going to a place I'd never been and knowing no one was definitely a challenge, but one that was easily overcome. Meeting new people and making new friends, as well as experiencing a completely different culture definitely helps with motivating myself through my last semester to finish my degree!
It was nice to have a different perspective on my degree, with the way they do things here so different to my home university. It was also really good to have the option of so many different courses that we don't have back home, which helps with broadening my studies.
The best part about an exchange is having that ability to incorporate travel amongst your studies. I used the exchange as an excuse to motivate myself to finally travel, and explored parts of the world I had always wanted to. Being in Canada (or on exchange in general) puts you in a world completely unlike one back home; here I have such easy access to completely different environments. Because New Zealand is so far away from everything, it's harder (but not impossible!) to travel while studying.

I think the process for cross-credit approval of courses I wanted to take in Canada could've been easier and more straightfoward. I also think it would've been nice to have met other people from my university going to this university, but that isn't that big a problem.

The University of Guelph's 100 exchange partners and 6 semester abroad programs in 36 countries are available to undergraduate and graduate students from any academic program.