Study Abroad at the University of Auckland, New Zealand

Combine an unforgettable travel experience with studying at a top-100 ranked university. We are New Zealand’s leading university and offer world-class facilities, excellent teaching and a friendly and supportive learning environment.

In our Study Abroad program, choose from more than 120 subjects to earn credits for your major or explore new areas including disciplines not offered at your home university. Subjects popular with our Study Abroad students include Anthropology, Māori/Pacific Studies, Wine Science, Marine Science, Environmental Science and Film, TV & Media Studies.

Auckland is flanked by two harbors, with stunning beaches on both coasts, beautiful islands a short ferry-ride away and lots of water-related activities. For those who prefer their feet firmly on land, Auckland offers lush subtropical forests for hiking and (dormant) volcanoes to climb. Urbanites will enjoy the city’s many cultural and sporting events, festivals, restaurants and vibrant shopping precincts.

Carlota

Spaniard experience

I'm 21-year-old student from the
North Spain and I've been at the UoA for one semester. Since this is my second exchange and I wanted to travel out of Europe I chose New Zealand and couldn't be more lucky to get selected. The education system is the best I've get the chance to study in. Furthermore life at campus is awesome as there are activities everyday. If you are thinking of coming make sure you apply for the university accommodation at the halls so you can get easily involved in the student social life since the very beginning and make friends!

Encouraging students to get to know other exchanges students at the beginning of every semester at some events. Provide tailored accommodation advice before arrival.
Yukino

Enjoyment

I have visited a lot of places in NZ such as South island and some beautiful island like waiheki and rangitoto. And also I've met a lot of kindness people including kiwi and exchange students..
definitely this study abroad experience was unforgettable experience for my life. I really appreciate everyone in terms of alot of things.
As for sad experience,I can't work on group work well with others. But I realized that it is the same in the all over the world,though

It's perfect for me!!
Will

Semester in Auckland

Came here from Ireland, didn’t really know what to expect, have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, it was a very smooth transfer from my Home University to UoA all the staff, and lecturers were very accommodating. The accomodation team were super supportive in helping us to settle in an make friends quickly by organising several social events. The one thing that I found difficult in the befginning personally here was to integrate with kiwi students in some of my classes, If there was some way of speeding up the process of becoming friends with the people from here it would be great.
Overall great experience 10/10

yui

Best experience

It was the best experience ever :)
Wonderful nature and friendly people!
It was my first time to live in a foreign country for such a long time.
First I was very coufused. I could not listen and speak English very well. However, people in New Zealand are very helpful and kind. So I could be used to living here. I really like here.
If you are thinking about studying abroad, please check the website of University of Auckland!
I highly reccommend studying in this university.

Alyanah

Great fun

I have really enjoyed my time here at the university of Auckland! Beautiful campus and great programs. Everyone in the nursing school here has been lovely. I have made an abundance of friends and have had a really amazing experience while abroad in Auckland at university of Auckland. New Zealand is beautiful and it has been great getting to explore this beautiful country. I'm really glad that I chose to study abroad here for my last fall semester of uni. When I go back I will have one semester left. I will be telling all my nursing friends about this experience!

Nathalie

Copex exchange

I had a great time met some wonderful people, loved exploring beatiful New Zealand. This was the second semester of my masters programme which is a bit more uncommon since most people here are undergraduate, therefore I might not have felt a lot of support for postgraduates like me regarding the academics. Apart from that, I as as a Swede have enjoyed trying out campus life. I would recommend anyone coming here to explore the country as much as they can.

More support for postgraduates
Karla

Study Abroad

Being a female civil engineer student, it has been hard for me to find a good university where I could study abroad, but university of Auckland made this very easy for me. I was able to find the right classes I had to take and I was able to work with my home university to transfer them. The engineering classes I took at University of Auckland were great, they were both academically challenging and fun! I am very happy with experience.

By giving us more awareness of the academic system.
Amanda

Amazing experience

Really amazing experience. The people I’ve met here are wonderful and I have ha a lot of fun. And though you need to spend time studying the atmosphere in the university makes it easier to focus. The professors are really competent and friendly. The international office was really helpful with all of questions. I would recommend other students to come here an experience a nice university and city!

Alex

Kiwi Fun at UofA

Overall the University of Auckland is a great school with quality professors. However, it was not the school that was the most memorable or high quality element of my experience. It was the people in New Zealand, the native history, and the natural beauty. Traveling the country is simply majestic, and it was a cool experience learning about various New Zealand topics in class and then going to see those topics play out in the real world. I learned a lot about New Zealand's wine industry as well as its endemic flora and fauna. In summary, the school itself is about average (compared to big expensive US universities), but the experience is worthwhile.

Perhaps easier access to academic advisors
Signe

Fantastic experience for life!

I was very exited about going to New Zealand to study abroad, but nervous of leaving my comfort zone at the same time. Though I can say now that this have been the best experience of my life. I have had an amazing time here, and cannot stand the thought of having to go back home to Denmark again. University of Auckland is very professional and surprisingly supportive all the way around. I can definitely recommend everyone to go study in Auckland, and at the same time experience the most beautiful nature around the country.

Irene

Awesome experience

Studying in New Zealand has been a very fun experience. I had to get used to a new academic system but it didn't take me long to be familiar with it. I found all the courses to be very interesting and I felt like I was actually learning more and more everyday on many different topics.
The international office was always available anytime I was in need of clarifications or help.
I was very happy with my accommodation because it gave me the chance to get to know many other international students and Kiwis as well. The best part was that I also found time travel with the new friends I made when I came to Auckland! This experience helped me grow as a person and as a student and I would definitely recommend it!

Miranda

Auckland Uni

Loved joining the tramping club and traveling around with them and meeting people. My classes were great and I loved my professors, and the academic challenge was good but not overwhelming. I met many wonderful people including kiwis and students from the US and other countries. We explored around the South Island on our break and got to spend a lot of time hiking and seeing beautiful places. Overall I would recommend coming to New Zealand but I think one semester is a good amount of time and I’m glad I chose the one-semester option instead of staying for a full year.

I didn’t love my housing (unilodge) and thought it could be managed better.
Juliette

A semester abroad in Auckland

I spend a lot of good time here in Auckland. And I met a lot a amazing people. As I`m from an engineering school I discovered a new way of learning. I also learnt a new way of leaving. I keep a lot of good memories here, and I hope I will live many other good experiences when I`ll visit the South Island next month

More help choosing the lesson
gabrielle

Exchange at UoA

Nice Uni, interesting courses and nice events !
I picked random subjects in different faculties, all were very interesting and the teachers very helpful especially in laboratories. I particularly enjoyed earth sciences courses and Pacific studies. A lot of free pizza events as well. Made really good friends and would definitely recommend this uni ! International students have nothing to worry about, the international office is helpful. I wish there were more sport clubs and maybe more sport facilities on campus. The campus is really well located as well, 5 mn walk to the city center which makes it really practical.

Ai

In my life in Auckland

University of Auckland provides me with great opportunities. It is a wonderful place for me to concentrate on my study. There are many kinds of supports and facilities for students to broaden their knowledge and prepare for assignments and exams. Professors and tutors are very friendly and take care about students, so I can ask some questions whenever I have troubles. In addition, every campus is very clean and spacious. Then, there are many beautiful natures in Auckland, so I can relax and experience great outdoor activities such as skydiving and hiking.

About The University of Auckland

The University of Auckland is located in the heart of New Zealand's largest and most cosmopolitan city. Ranked in the world's top 100* universities, the University of Auckland has a strong research focus where students have the opportunity to learn...