Uni of Otago Intl. School: 3 Week Program in Dunedin, NZ

Uni of Otago Intl. School: 3 Week Program in Dunedin, NZ

Come join us in beautiful Dunedin, New Zealand for the inaugural Otago International School! This 'slice of winter' program during your traditional summer months provides a unique opportunity to study & explore New Zealand.

This three week program is a unique full-credit study abroad option and boasts the perfect time-frame to independently study, travel, explore & earn credit alongside kiwi students. As the program takes place on campus, it's sure to be an immersive experience.

The program is followed by a one month independent study period, which can be completed anywhere in the world.

Oceania » New Zealand » Queenstown
Visa Requirement
Cost includes:
- Tuition
- Insurance
- Accommodation and food for three weeks
- 1-3 day field trips

Katherine

Once in a lifetime experience

I highly recommend this program and would do it all over again. I believe it was the perfect length of three weeks, where you could get away during the summer, not miss any schooling, and travel the world. New Zealand is one of the most beautiful places in the world to go and I already want to go back. The people and staff are amazing there, very helpful, and I felt very safe everywhere I went and at all times. I recommend traveling when you can on the weekends and road tripping with the friends that you will meet there and friendships that will last a lifetime. The course if great, including lots of field trips and diving into the culture there. One of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. Also 100% recommend sky diving and the canyon swing and snowboarding.

I think this program could be improved by making maybe a week longer or encouraging travel before or after.

Allison
Missouri
University of Missouri- Columbia

GEOG 285

I completed the GEOG 285- Landscaping and Geography course and it exceeded all of my expectations! This three week program was the perfect mix of exploring, scenery, learning, and exhilaration. There is a great balance between school and fun and the field trips are remarkable. There is also enough time during weekends to go on personal trips. This class offers the opportunity of a lifetime and I loved every second of it. I had the chance to truly experience learning abroad and I met many cool people throughout the endeavor. The University of Otago is a beautiful campus with incredible staff who are friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend this program and would do it again in a heartbeat!

The only improvement I would make to the program is adding on a few more weeks!

Claudia
Texas
Oberlin College

Great program with great support!

This program is a perfect way to fit in that study abroad experience into your busy college schedule! I took a geography of the South Island course during my time on this program and learned so much while on fantastic adventures and meeting amazing people. Three weeks was a short time but we still managed to pack in plenty. Several of my classmates and myself even stayed for awhile afterwards for further independent travel on that side of the world. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone looking for a fun and informative stuff abroad experience!

I would have loved the course to last a bit longer than 3 weeks!

Ryan
Alabama
University of Otago

Unforgettable Experience

If you have a busy schedule at your home institution and can only fit in a short summer abroad program then this is just right for you. The 3 weeks that you are in New Zealand you will meet people from all different places and backgrounds that will leave a positive impact on you and help you to see the world from a global perspective. One thing I highly recommend is taking road trips with friends you meet in the program, as the trips I took with my new buddies throughout the beautiful landscapes of the south island will always be some of my most cherished memories. If you are worried about being there during the southern hemisphere's winter, rest assured that the landscapes are still verdant and gorgeous and the skiing and snowboarding should be great too. If you're looking for a summer abroad program that breaks from traditional study abroad norms and will lend you lifelong friendships and memories from the other side of the world, then look no further!

Make it a week or two longer

Find study abroad programs at the University of Otago. New Zealand's First University! Located in Australasia's true College City with the best access to New Zealand's beautiful scenery.