Customized Programs in Ireland: Learn International

"Global Classroom, Global Learning and Global Citizenship" are concepts we strive to achieve when developing a Customized Faculty-led Program. We use a hands-on approach with educators (you) to develop, promote, and implement fully customized programs in the Republic of Ireland, N. Ireland, and the United Kingdom. We create learning environments, that enable cross-cultural exchange and support the academic rigor you envision.

Our Program Development and our local In-country support teams are with every-step-of-the-way to assure a seamless program. Let us handle the logistics, health & safety and student support, so you can focus on the academics.

Learn International's mission believes that studying abroad should remain affordable, equitable and accessible for all students. Therefore, our Program Development team works diligently to create a dynamic program within required all budgetary requirements.

To develop your global classroom, please visit our website to get started!

Courtney

NDSU Ireland Study Abroad Experience

Learn International created the most educational, influential and breathtaking experience I have ever been a part of. Learn International strategically made it so that we went from a highly populated area (Dublin), to small intimate communities (Buncrana, Bundoran and Donegal) in order to take in the different pieces of the country. Mark was the most amazing, personable guide on our journey through Ireland, our entire group was sad to say goodbye to his great humor and vast knowledge of all things Ireland! I felt as though I was able to see so much of Ireland, and this trip made me want to plan a return trip as soon as possible. I loved the tours, the educational experiences and the meetings with health professionals and students. Thank you, Learn International for such an unforgettable and priceless adventure across Ireland.

The only thing I would "improve" would be an extended trip!
Brian

Celtic Cultures 2017 from King's College Wilkes-Barre

This was a tremendously valuable experience and I would encourage any student to take this trip and study in Ireland, N. Ireland, and Scotland. Chris and Cara were both very supportive, and John O'Hara and Katie Kelley were wonderful guides. We all developed an affinity for our hosts throughout the journey. The trip included a wide variety of cultural exposure, from the urban atmospheres of Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, and Edinburgh to the rural beauty of Donegal. I will return to Ireland one day. I cannot think of any reason not to go on a study-abroad trip in these great places through Learn International.

Overall, our housing was excellent everywhere we went, except for Belfast. It was really the only hiccup along our whole trip. I would recommend a change of venue there for future trips. Other than that I am very impressed by the quality of this program!
Mikhaela

Imagining Ireland 2016

I had the opportunity to go on the University of New Mexico's "Imagining Ireland" trip the summer after my freshmen year of college. I had traveled abroad once before going on this trip, but this was my first time traveling alone and I was really nervous about renewing my passport, booking flights, going through customs, and all the other miscellaneous activities one experiences while traveling. Learn International made everything really simple by booking our hostels, arranging our transportation, sending us flight schedules, and scheduling group activities and tours. Katie from Learn International accompanied us for most of the trip and did an excellent job keeping us on schedule and teaching us about Ireland. Katie is the friendliest person you could ever meet and she was always willing to help in anyway she could!

Our trip began in Letterkenny, and from there we traveled to Galway and Dublin. We spent a couple days in each of these locations which allowed us to take day trips to various places such as Derry, Bundoran, Sligo, the Cliffs of Moher, the Aran Islands, and Glendalough. During our travels we stayed in hostels, all of which were nicely kept, run by friendly people, and located in safe parts of town that were in walking distance of major attractions. In summary, I had a great experience with Learn International, and I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to study abroad, but is not quite sure where to start.

I had a great experience with this program and the only recommendation I have is to teach students how to use transportation in some of the bigger cities such as Dublin.
Marcus

Ireland 2016

I would like to thank Learn International for making my study abroad experience in Ireland as enjoyable as possible. The program started by making sure that all necessary steps in the pre-departure process were fulfilled such as passport, medical shots, etc. This was especially important to me as a first time overseas traveler. Then the entire Ireland experience was incredibly fun. Despite the short duration of the program, I really felt that we had a great exposure to true Irish culture, whether it was visiting a small town pub for an Irish storytelling, joining in on some live music, or even just enjoying a round of Guinness. The fact that housing, transportation, and meals (breakfast and dinner) were included in the price of the trip was extremely helpful as well. Lastly, the most important part of the program was being able to tour a variety of different areas around different ends of the country, and being able to observe the cultural difference between them.

I do wish we could have stayed for a longer time, and maybe be given the option for more free days where we could be free to explore on our own, outside of program supervision.
Response from Learn International

Dear Marcus,

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are so happy your experience was a positive one, especially as a new traveler. We do our best to prepare everyone prior to arrival, so it's wonderful hear this part of the program met your expectations. Thank you again and please do keep in touch!

Best wishes,

The Learn International Team

Abigayle

Study Abroad Through Learn International

I'd never traveled without my family, but I felt like I was with family! The faculty and staff were excellent (especially Katie! <3) and I spent the whole trip feeling safe and included. There was a perfect balance of coursework, learning new things, making new friends, enjoying new experiences, and having lots of fun! This is a program I highly recommend, especially for students and first time travelers.

The only problem we ran into was poor wifi in one of the hostels in Dublin, which was nobody's fault. And there were plenty of internet cafes around, so nobody was high and dry.
Response from Learn International

Hi Abigayle,

Thank you so much for the kinds words and positive feedback. We are always trying to grow and adapt our programs to meet student needs so, we truly appreciate your willingness to share your experience. Please keep in touch and make sure to visit us next time you're in Ireland!

Best wishes,

Learn International

About Learn International

Learn International is an Irish owned and operated Study Abroad Provider located just outside of Dublin, Ireland. We offer short-term (8-12 week) Internship Placements, (4-12 week) Service Learning programs, Summer School in Ireland (4-week program)...