As an increasingly popular tourist destination, Poland has become especially open to foreign visitors. Many people, especially those in their teens and twenties, speak excellent English and enjoy interacting with Americans. On this Global Prep program, you’ll get a taste of the country’s enthusiastic hospitality as you learn about the diversity of Poland’s cultural customs, tastes, and perspectives. To experience the many sides of Polish life, you’ll tour the cities of Krakow and Warsaw and then venture out into the countryside to appreciate nature. You’ll also have the chance to engage with local culture by taking language lessons and making your own clay pottery. As you and your friends explore Poland’s undiscovered charms, you just might fall in love with the country’s fairy-tale architecture and welcoming atmosphere.
- Explore Warsaw’s lush gardens, ornate palaces, and interactive museums like the Copernicus Science Center.
- Learn Polish in conversational language classes!
- Live in a hostel in the heart of the city, where you can explore grandiose churches and modern shopping centers.
- Make connections and memories you'll never forget with other AFS exchange students from around the world.
- Become a global citizen. Gain intercultural communication skills. Build your college and career resumé.