View Other Details
Are you seeking an opportunity to undertake research while living abroad and immersing yourself in a fascinating African culture? Our research practica are designed for students from both partner and non-partner institutions to undertake short-term research visits (minimum 4 weeks) at one of our Social Impact Lab centers in Kenya, Rwanda, South Africa or Vietnam.
- Explore healthcare concepts and programs in resource-limited settings.
- Work hand in hand with local healthcare providers at an urban health center and a rural district hospital.
- Gain invaluable intercultural competence relevant to your field of study.
- Explore the ‘Land of a Thousand Hills’ through unique excursions and a safari.
- Broaden your personal and professional network, and build lasting international friendships.
This 3-week field course in Rwanda is designed to highlight the crucial role of leadership development in the pursuit of social justice and sustainable development. You will be introduced to the social change model of leadership development and explore key concepts of community leadership. You will learn how to better understand yourself as well as others in order to achieve personal empowerment, and you will work with groups of disadvantaged local women and girls.
The 3-week Global Health field course in Rwanda introduces concepts of global health from a unique African perspective. You will learn about the healthcare system in Rwanda and study a major public health concern – infection prevention and control (IPC) in healthcare settings. This topic also allows you to explore various important community healthcare services, such as nutrition programs for mothers and children, health education and promotion, and community health workers and their role.