View Other Details
Spend an immersive six weeks in the hub of Francophone West Africa: Dakar, Senegal. A vibrant crossroads of art, business, education, and humanitarian organizations, Senegal is one of the most economically and politically stable countries in Africa.
Choose two classes from: Advanced French Language, Oral & Written African Literature, Senegal Today, Economics and Development, Cross-Cultural Management, Contemporary Western African Art, and Beginner Wolof. All courses are taught in French. Orientation, academic, and language support included.
Cultural events and seminars, two day trips, and one weekend excursion are included in APA's signature culture package. Each student will be matched with a host family with full room and board.
Consider extending your time in Dakar two more weeks (a great way to qualify for summer funding opportunities), and use this time to participate in an internship, pursue an independent study, or volunteer in a village outside of Dakar.
- Three-day orientation to prepare for the summer ahead
- Choose courses from a variety of subjects
- Extend your summer abroad two more weeks for an independent study, internship, or volunteer
- Rich cultural package with a variety of experiences
- Carefully matched homestays with all meals and weekly laundry included