View Other Details
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.
Study alongside locals at CIEE’s partner school, Universitat de les Illes Balears (UIB), as you advance your degree and improve your Spanish skills on a stunning island in the Mediterranean. Students can delve into hospitality, recreation management, and business in the country’s top tourism program or choose from a wide range of courses including science, engineering, literature, social sciences, and humanities. You can even add an internship for real-world work experience in one of Palma’s many booming sectors. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
- GAIN RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE and credit with an internship at a Palma enterprise or hotel.
- EXPLORE NATURAL AND CULTURAL SITES, international and new-tech companies, areas of mass tourism and over-development, rural eco-tourist sites, and hotels.
- TAKE YOUR BEGINNING OR ADVANCED SPANISH SKILLS to new heights in a stunning Mediterranean setting.
CIEE Scholarships and Grants
CIEE’s need-based grants offer support to students who face financial barriers to studying abroad. CIEE awards need-based grants based on students’ EFCs and program selection. The Gilman Go Global Grant offers students $750-$2,000 toward airfare, plus $2,500 toward semester program costs, or $1,000 toward summer program costs.