View Other Details
The monthly cost of living in Barcelona for typical programme participants, including rent and all living expenses, is €700 - €900 per month (approx $800 - $1000).
Many participants work part time to finance their time in Barcelona. The programme has a flexible timetable which allows participants to take part time jobs whilst participating. The student visas that non EU participants apply for to participate in the programme allow those participants to work 20 hours per week in addition to studies.
The INto INdustry Programme is a unique, film-training experience in Barcelona. Participants not only receive award winning training in all aspects of documentary making, but also, because the programme is run in association with OTOXO Productions, they simultaneously get to co-direct a 30 minute production for Spanish TV. Their training is accompanied by genuine industry experience, with a genuine production company, that can't be found in typical film schools.
Then, on top of that, in the final three months of the programme, the training focus shifts completely to career development. Participants set up their own independent production companies and start pitching for, winning, and getting paid to create content, all under our constant guidance. While most film school graduates are left stranded just when trying to take their first professional steps, our participants actually become film industry professionals while they are still fully supported members of the programme.
- We combine award winning training, with experience working in a real production company.
- In addition to training participants in documentary making, they also become real audiovisual professionals, earning money for themselves, whilst still on the programme, and under our guidance.
- Through the process of making of intimate, narrative driven, character based documentaries our participants have a chance to experience Barcelona, it's people, it's culture and it's life, in a way few foreign students ever can
- Groups are made up of only 12 participants, and all task are undertaken with tuition, in sub groups of only twos or threes. That way our participants get highest quality training in process of writing, shooting and editing.
- Spanish language skills are not a pre-requisite for participants, but participants inevitably do learn or enhance their level of Spanish, just by being part of the programme and production.