• Spain

Program Details

High School Diploma Associates Bachelors
Apartment Dormitory Host Family

Pricing

Included: Personalized Pre-departure Advising; Tuition & Registration; Travel Medical Insurance; On-site Orientation; Housing; Volunteer Opportunities; On-site Staff Support; Excursions and Cultural Engagement; Host Institution Services & Amenities and more. Scholarships available.
What's Included
Some Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Classes
Jan 10, 2022
Mar 14, 2022
73 travelers are looking at this program

Barcelona, Spain’s second-largest city, features a cosmopolitan atmosphere, a temperate climate, marvelous art, and amazing opportunities to learn. Gaze upon Antoni Gaudí’s gothic Sagrada Familia, the church of the Holy Family. Enjoy delicious tapas as you socialize with new friends! Experience the thrill of soccer at Europe’s largest stadium, Camp Nou.

To give you the widest range of options, CEA partners with some of Spain’s best universities, including University of Barcelona, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, University of Vic, and Pompeu Fabra University, CETT- University of Barcelona and ESADE Business School . You can study at one of these prestigious institutions, or at CEA’s Barcelona Center, located in the heart of the city. You can also experience both with a hybrid learning program.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s waiting for you!

Program Highlights

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions

CEA Scholarships

CEA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Studying abroad will change your life, improve your employability, and enhance your global competence. That's why we commit more than $2.0 million each year to our financial and scholarship programs.

$400 - $3,000

• 9-10 rating 82.76%
  • 7-8 rating 13.79%
  • 5-6 rating 3.45%
Angel

CEA Study Abroad-Barcelona, Spain

CEA provided with a life time changing opportunity, it helped me to discover so many good things and to achieve many others. I met people that now are my friends, I has amazing professors, and on site staff that truly cared about me. If you want to go abroad, CEA is definitely your choice!! So overall all it was such a great experience. I have heard from many students that they are curious to study abroad and let me tell you, you will never regret studying abroad, for me, it changed my life in such a positive way! So enjoy life, travel the world, meet new people, and have fun, all over while still studying.

What was your funniest moment?
My funniest moment was traveling with my friends that I met during my study abroad time.
Carlo

The CEA Barcelona staff is the best!

If it was not for the on-site staff in Barcelona at the super new CEA location in the heart of Barcelona in Plaza Catalunya, I’d have not had the same experience. Staff is very nice, and I always enjoyed practicing my Spanish with them after class. I got the opportunity to build valuable relationships with them! Miss you all!

The multiple cultural activities offered as well as the weekly newsletter sent to students were great initiatives to be able to better get to know the Spanish and Catalan culture!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Definitely the calçots on one of the cultural trips. I did not know what calçots were, and I really liked eating those.
Annelise

CEA- Barcelona Review

I enjoyed my passionate and knowledgable professors in my courses at CEA and felt close to those who worked in the office and front desk. The staff would do anything to make the experience and transition better for their students and completely defined my incredible time in Barcelona. Especially during COVID, the staff helped support students with updated travel regulations and health protocols. I always felt that my CEA staff was striving to enhance my learning and life abroad. One way the program enhancing my learning outside the classroom is with weekly field trips that teach unique historical or modern lessons regarding culture such as cooking, dancing, music, urban planning, and more! I take away so many great memories in my host city and surrounding countries.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I had the opportunity to volunteer helping teach English in a local elementary school. My experience shocked me by exposing me to an alternate school system. I had so much fun with the teachers and kids and i surprised myself that I really enjoyed teaching young kids. My time at the school inspires me to seek post-graduate opportunities to return to Spain and teach!
Jonathan

If I could do it again, I would

This was by far, THE best experience of my life. Barcelona truly became my home, even though I spent such a short time there. CEA really helps you, not just academically, but also provide helpful insights about Spain, as well as really fun trips/excursions to other places in Spain. The classes I took really helped me understand Spain's culture and gave me a new outlook on how similar we all are. I came into the program not knowing anyone, because I wanted to get the most out of this experience and step out of my comfort zone, and it was the best decision I've made. I met amazing, like-minded people who I shared the best experiences with, traveling throughout Europe and throughout Spain. Traveling throughout Europe, between countries is very easy, which was great, because I was able to travel to Paris, Rome, Milan, Greece, as well as other parts of Spain.
If you're given the chance, Barcelona is the place you need to go.

For future travelers on this program, I would highly suggest doing the program alone, as in go into it without friends from home/school, because it really gets you out of your comfort zone and you end up making the greatest friends. Also, don't travel so much on weekends, and if you do, you'll want to extend your stay in Barcelona. There's so much to see in Barcelona; it's nearly impossible with just the four months you have. Lastly, try to travel far from the city center, on the last metro stop, because that's where you'll find the real Spanish culture and not just the tourist traps. Finally, have a great time! There's so much to do and so much to see, make sure you're making the most of it.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Jonathan, thank you for your thorough and positive review! Your detailed tips and insights will help guide future students when researching and deciding upon their own study abroad experiences. We are thrilled to hear you had a great semester studying abroad with CEA in Barcelona, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Austin

Do it!

When I say "do it," I don't just mean go study abroad in Barcelona, that should be a given. When I say "do it," I mean fully immerse yourself and make sure you are uncomfortable as often as possible. It sucks that the majority of kids travel for the sake of Instagram, or are simply doing the things that they are already comfortable with... those are not the things that make you grow as an individual. I went as a sophomore, and as most kids go as juniors, I went not knowing anybody on my program. This was definitely the right decision as I was forced to step outside of my comfort zone to create relationships that may end up lasting a life time. I highly suggest you study abroad somewhere, I just hope you do it the way that it should be done, not the way that everyone else does it.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I chose to march alongside the yellowjackets in Paris, and it was a combination of terrifying awe.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Austin, we appreciate hearing your personal approach to studying abroad and are glad it resulted in such a wonderful experience for you in Barcelona. Getting outside your comfort zone is one of the best things about study abroad, and we’re thrilled you embraced it throughout your semester. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Bridgette

The Absolute Best Time of Your Life

Everyone tells you this a thousand times over, but let me add to the list -- studying abroad is the absolute best time of your life. The only way to make the best time of your life even better is to experience it with the help and support of CEA's staff. With the help of CEA, I was influenced to travel to different cities, not just the mainstream and touristy ones, I felt safe in my own city, and was confident that if I needed assistance with anything, a staff-member would happily be there for me. Without CEA, I would have felt so lost and homesick but they helped me form a community in a foreign place and connected me with friends and weekly activities to enjoy and help me acclimate to my surroundings like cooking classes, beach yoga, and mountain hiking trips. I love CEA for their helpfulness and their kind employees, that became my friends.

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to remember that you are gathering knowledge and experience in every single moment, so live life the way you want to. Talk to people and try to understand them. Eat everything that looks interesting. Walk the path less traveled. Book that flight. Go out dancing. Swim in every ocean. Just do whatever makes you feel alive.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Bridgette, what a heartwarming review of your time in Barcelona. We so appreciate hearing your kind words about our fabulous Barcelona staff and the adventures you were able to experience through CEA. Your advice for future students is spot-on, and we’re thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience that lends to lifelong memories of your time abroad. Be sure to stop by and say hello the next time you’re in Barcelona!

Courtney

Study Abroad Barcelona

Overall my experience with CEA was great and I am so grateful for this experience. As I explored the beautiful city of Barcelona I always felt safe and aware of what is happening day by day in the city thanks to CEA. I think CEA did a great job at welcoming us during orientation, as well as making us know how to stay safe during our time abroad. I also think the teachers at CEA were very helpful as well ensuring your time abroad is a memorable one! The only thing I would recommend to CEA is their absence policy, because I feel that 2 absence is not enough especially while overseas. I would also recommend to take a class at UAB or UVic that is offered through CEA because the attendance is more lenient and you get the opportunity to meet a lot of locals and students from all around the world. In all my experience in Barcelona was amazing and would recommend studying abroad here!

I think this program can be improved in certain areas like the housing department. I think CEA needs to do a better job at explaining exactly where you are going to live considering you are spending four months in a foreign country there. I signed up for Residencia Plus but ended up in a dorm styled room when I thought it was supposed to be two private rooms. Another thing I think CEA can improve is their absence policy. You are supposed to save your two absences for when you are sick but then that prevents you from being able to travel.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Courtney, we appreciate your thorough review of your semester in Barcelona. We’re happy that CEA helped you fully experience the city, and we are always looking for ways to improve our programs and appreciate your insight. CEA’s programs are academically focused so that students can transfer credits back to their home institution. As with home institutions, it’s important to attend classes regularly to get the most out of the curriculum. While students do have weekends to travel independently, CEA excursions and local activity recommendations help students learn about their host city.

Tasia

Best Experience with the Best Program

CEA was the perfect program for studying in Barcelona because they provide you with all the support you need to succeed in your education and experiencing Barca. They make available multiple activities so you can immerse yourself into the culture. They also have an incredible staff that makes sure you are happy with your classes and housing. CEA was located in the heart of Barcelona making it central for students to explore before and after class. Overall, CEA definitely enhanced my experience abroad!

Doesn't need improvements!