• Spain

Program Details

High School Diploma Associates Bachelors
Apartment Dormitory Host Family

Pricing

Included: Personalized Pre-departure Advising; Tuition & Registration; Travel Medical Insurance; On-site Orientation; Housing; Volunteer Opportunities; On-site Staff Support; Excursions and Cultural Engagement; Host Institution Services & Amenities and more. Scholarships available.
What's Included
Some Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Classes
Jan 10, 2022
Nov 03, 2022
80 travelers are looking at this program

Barcelona, Spain’s second-largest city, features a cosmopolitan atmosphere, a temperate climate, marvelous art, and amazing opportunities to learn. Gaze upon Antoni Gaudí’s gothic Sagrada Familia, the church of the Holy Family. Enjoy delicious tapas as you socialize with new friends! Experience the thrill of soccer at Europe’s largest stadium, Camp Nou.

To give you the widest range of options, CEA partners with some of Spain’s best universities, including University of Barcelona, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, University of Vic, and Pompeu Fabra University, CETT- University of Barcelona and ESADE Business School . You can study at one of these prestigious institutions, or at CEA’s Barcelona Center, located in the heart of the city. You can also experience both with a hybrid learning program.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s waiting for you!

Program Highlights

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions

CEA Scholarships

CEA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Studying abroad will change your life, improve your employability, and enhance your global competence. That's why we commit more than $2.0 million each year to our financial and scholarship programs.

$400 - $3,000

• 5 rating 84.38%
  • 4 rating 12.5%
  • 3 rating 3.13%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Derrick

Spring 2022 Barcelona

I went during the spring of my junior year. Living with 4 other roommates 2 blocks from Sagrada Familia. When you go with CEA there is not a bad spot for housing in this city. Extremely easy to get around using the metro which is also one of the safest metro systems in all of Europe. CEA goes over everything the day you get there helping learn how to get from your new home to the CEA center. Barcelona is city full of night life with something new to do everyday & night. The airport is extremely easy to use and a safe place. CEA makes every step of getting there, going to classes (4 days a week), helping transfer grades, and everything else you can think of extremely easy. Overall, loved the people working at CEA and helping with every step of your study abroad experience.

Pros
  • Location
  • Weather
  • People
Cons
  • Language not Spanish
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Hi Derrick! Thanks for sharing your feedback on your CEA Barcelona program and we so appreciate you recommending it to other students. We're glad you enjoyed your housing accommodations, the public transportation and entertainment that beautiful Barcelona offers. Your CEA team was so happy to help with every step of your study abroad experience. Welcome to the CEA Alum life!

CEA Study Abroad Barcelona

Studying abroad through CEA in Barcelona was the best decision I could have made. I was nervous because I did not know anyone going through this program, but I was easily able to make friends who were just like me. CEA was very supportive of my academics and personal experience while I was abroad. The staff was engaging and encouraging to all the students. One of the positive aspects of CEA is that they do not have classes on Fridays. This allows students to have a 4-day school week and 3 days to travel! I am so happy that I was able to attend the CEA program in Barcelona.

Engage in the community and the culture the best you can. Spain's culture is beautiful so make sure you leave time to explore the city!
Pros
  • Positive staff
  • Provided housing
  • Supportive community
Cons
  • Only 2 absences allowed
  • I can't think of anything else
  • I can't think of anything else
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Hi Summer! Barcelona is the best and we're so happy you had such a wonderful time. Best of luck to you moving forward!

Paige

Paige Morningstar's CEA Study Abroad Review

My experience abroad was so unique and diverse in so many ways. First, the CEA staff and professors were awesome! They gave us so much freedom and only stepped in when we needed assistance. My professor was one of the best I have ever had. He did not give homework so we could go out and explore the world and I learned more in that class in a month than I have in the majority of my semester long classes. Everyday was a new journey and you get out what you put in to the experience. I also went by myself which I strongly encourage because you learn so much about who you are as a person and you meet way more people from all over the world. My favorite part was meeting people from all different areas of the world with different cultural backgrounds and never knowing what the new day would bring.

Pros
  • Seeing the world firsthand and learning about how different cultures live.
  • Meeting different Americans in your program and the international locals. You get to witness such a diverse community everyday.
  • Learning about the world. Whether it be through the class you are taking or the experiences you encounter you are constantly learning about life and yourself.
Cons
  • Money! It is definitely expensive to live on your own in a foreign country, but you are only their once so enjoy it. Do not be so picky about spending money that you don't enjoy the experience.
  • Transportation. I would not say this is a con, but just one more thing you have to figure out. I suggest buying a metro/train pass if they have one or a bus pass. Ordering taxis, Ubers, etc. everywhere would be way too expensive.
  • Planning. Often times large groups of people disagree about where they want to go, so this can be annoying. I would say to do what you want to do even if that means only going with a few people.
Angel

CEA Study Abroad-Barcelona, Spain

CEA provided with a life time changing opportunity, it helped me to discover so many good things and to achieve many others. I met people that now are my friends, I has amazing professors, and on site staff that truly cared about me. If you want to go abroad, CEA is definitely your choice!! So overall all it was such a great experience. I have heard from many students that they are curious to study abroad and let me tell you, you will never regret studying abroad, for me, it changed my life in such a positive way! So enjoy life, travel the world, meet new people, and have fun, all over while still studying.

What was your funniest moment?
My funniest moment was traveling with my friends that I met during my study abroad time.
Carlo

The CEA Barcelona staff is the best!

If it was not for the on-site staff in Barcelona at the super new CEA location in the heart of Barcelona in Plaza Catalunya, I’d have not had the same experience. Staff is very nice, and I always enjoyed practicing my Spanish with them after class. I got the opportunity to build valuable relationships with them! Miss you all!

The multiple cultural activities offered as well as the weekly newsletter sent to students were great initiatives to be able to better get to know the Spanish and Catalan culture!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Definitely the calçots on one of the cultural trips. I did not know what calçots were, and I really liked eating those.
Annelise

CEA- Barcelona Review

I enjoyed my passionate and knowledgable professors in my courses at CEA and felt close to those who worked in the office and front desk. The staff would do anything to make the experience and transition better for their students and completely defined my incredible time in Barcelona. Especially during COVID, the staff helped support students with updated travel regulations and health protocols. I always felt that my CEA staff was striving to enhance my learning and life abroad. One way the program enhancing my learning outside the classroom is with weekly field trips that teach unique historical or modern lessons regarding culture such as cooking, dancing, music, urban planning, and more! I take away so many great memories in my host city and surrounding countries.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I had the opportunity to volunteer helping teach English in a local elementary school. My experience shocked me by exposing me to an alternate school system. I had so much fun with the teachers and kids and i surprised myself that I really enjoyed teaching young kids. My time at the school inspires me to seek post-graduate opportunities to return to Spain and teach!
Jonathan

If I could do it again, I would

This was by far, THE best experience of my life. Barcelona truly became my home, even though I spent such a short time there. CEA really helps you, not just academically, but also provide helpful insights about Spain, as well as really fun trips/excursions to other places in Spain. The classes I took really helped me understand Spain's culture and gave me a new outlook on how similar we all are. I came into the program not knowing anyone, because I wanted to get the most out of this experience and step out of my comfort zone, and it was the best decision I've made. I met amazing, like-minded people who I shared the best experiences with, traveling throughout Europe and throughout Spain. Traveling throughout Europe, between countries is very easy, which was great, because I was able to travel to Paris, Rome, Milan, Greece, as well as other parts of Spain.
If you're given the chance, Barcelona is the place you need to go.

For future travelers on this program, I would highly suggest doing the program alone, as in go into it without friends from home/school, because it really gets you out of your comfort zone and you end up making the greatest friends. Also, don't travel so much on weekends, and if you do, you'll want to extend your stay in Barcelona. There's so much to see in Barcelona; it's nearly impossible with just the four months you have. Lastly, try to travel far from the city center, on the last metro stop, because that's where you'll find the real Spanish culture and not just the tourist traps. Finally, have a great time! There's so much to do and so much to see, make sure you're making the most of it.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Jonathan, thank you for your thorough and positive review! Your detailed tips and insights will help guide future students when researching and deciding upon their own study abroad experiences. We are thrilled to hear you had a great semester studying abroad with CEA in Barcelona, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Austin

Do it!

When I say "do it," I don't just mean go study abroad in Barcelona, that should be a given. When I say "do it," I mean fully immerse yourself and make sure you are uncomfortable as often as possible. It sucks that the majority of kids travel for the sake of Instagram, or are simply doing the things that they are already comfortable with... those are not the things that make you grow as an individual. I went as a sophomore, and as most kids go as juniors, I went not knowing anybody on my program. This was definitely the right decision as I was forced to step outside of my comfort zone to create relationships that may end up lasting a life time. I highly suggest you study abroad somewhere, I just hope you do it the way that it should be done, not the way that everyone else does it.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I chose to march alongside the yellowjackets in Paris, and it was a combination of terrifying awe.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Austin, we appreciate hearing your personal approach to studying abroad and are glad it resulted in such a wonderful experience for you in Barcelona. Getting outside your comfort zone is one of the best things about study abroad, and we’re thrilled you embraced it throughout your semester. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!