BaPIS Semester Program at the UPF

The Barcelona Program for Interdisciplinary Studies constitutes the cornerstone of UPF’s strategy for internationalization and innovation. By convening students from different backgrounds, from UPF and other countries, the program offers a space of convergence between instructors and students to set up fruitful dialogue and communal learning. By breaking down the barriers between knowledge areas, it promotes an interdisciplinary approach and the effective cross-fertilization of ideas and initiatives.

BaPIS has evolved from a previous study abroad program, the Hispanic and European Studies Program (HESP). After two decades of success and expansion, HESP has developed into a radically different project while maintaining its goal of promoting intercultural understanding in our increasingly interconnected world. Its new direction is aimed at local and international students, offering them a range of subjects to explore fro

For more information, please visit the Barcelona SAE website.

Donovan

An Experience Unlike Any Other

This experience was absolutely amazing. I was able to explore Barcelona as well as other parts of Spain. The program offered many wondrous opportunities for me to have a great time. I am thankful to the SAE office for everything they have to done to give students the experience they deserve. During my last few days in the United States before my departure to Barcelona, I was very nervous about what my situation would be in terms of classes and of my housing arrangments. However, the SAE team made me feel very comfortable and were available to answer all my questions whenever I had any. One of my favorite aspects of the program was how involved the director, Rich, was with the students. The fact that I could easily interact with the director made my experience so much better.

This program is great as it is and does not need any improvements. The staff and faculty were very approachable and easy to talk to. they responded to emails within the hour. Also, the trips they took us on were so much fun and very informative.