Athena Study Abroad in Madrid, Spain

The old and the new contrast vividly in Madrid, where narrow cobbled stone streets and 17th-century chapels border modern boulevards and gleaming skyscrapers. Such is the diversity of modern Madrid, where locals revel in the diversity and the limitless opportunity a night in Madrid can produce.

Universidad Nebrija is a private and independent university officially accredited by the Spanish Ministry of Education. Nebrija is a small university (around 3000 students) with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1.  Studying in the capital of Madrid provides students with the unique opportunity to live in one of the world’s most famous capitals located in the exact center of the Iberian Peninsula allowing students the ability to easily travel to every region of Spain!

Kelsey

Life in Madrid, Spain

Life in Madrid was better than any idea I had before going. I was engulfed in the language and culture and learned more than I ever expected. Athena Abroad made all the housing and travel very easy because at first Europe’s metro can be very confusing. But after sometime in the city and the country, you adapt to the rich culture they have to offer, it is easier to make friends and you learn a little bit more about yourself and what challenges you can overcome. The program director, who oversaw us in Madrid, Arturo, was an AMAZING guide to the city. He was so helpful and became a great friend along the way! When I returned from my three months in Spain, I was a changed person. The program and experience made me a stronger, more independent person. It also made very confident when speaking to others in Spanish. I think about Spain everyday and miss it so much. Once having an experience like this, you crave another. The travel bug is real my friends.

Adding an option for lunch meals as well. But my household allowed us to buy groceries so it was not a big deal!

About Athena Study Abroad

Athena Study Abroad was designed by knowledgeable and caring professionals with one goal in mind: to bring authentic study abroad experiences to life that involve real cultural immersion aspects. Athena strives to provide programs that embrace...