Study abroad at American University of Sharjah (AUS) in the UAE, located only 20 minutes from Dubai International Airport. AUS was voted by Times Higher Education for the second year running as having the most internationally diverse student body in the world. You will experience the fascinating contrasts between the traditional Arab city of Sharjah (voted as Cultural Capital of the Arab and Islamic Worlds) and the futuristic city of Dubai (host of the World Expo 2020). Credit transfer from AUS is very easy given our accreditation by the Middle State's Commission in the USA, and our ABET- (Engineering), AACSB- (Business), and NAAB- (Architecture) accreditations. This familiar academic environment along with our many campus facilities provides a secure and comfortable base from which to easily explore the UAE and the wider region. The UAE itself is known for its safety and stability, with very low levels of violent and property crime. You will find this a fascinating place to explore!
- Meet the most diverse student body in the world.
- Absorb the contrast between a traditional Arab city like Sharjah, and a city of the future next door in Dubai.
- Transfer credit from our excellent academic programs, fully accredited in the USA.
- Learn flexibility in the face of the UAE's constant pace of change and development.
- Experience the full diversity of the Arab world in a context of extreme safety, security, and stability.