Delve deep into global topics at the University of California, San Diego and make friends with students from around the world. You and your group of international high schoolers will explore themes related to the environment, social issues, and intercultural communication. Together, you'll take part in fun trips, activities, and volunteer projects in a uniquely global, eye-opening environment. This is your chance to discover the world—and your place in it—from a college campus that's just a short walk from the beach!
- Learn to create change on a global scale by taking part in projects like beach cleanup and restoration to gain insight into current environmental priorities.
- Go on excursions to places like Balboa Park and Zoo, La Jolla Shores, Embarcadero, and Torrey Pines State Reserve!
- On weekends, explore popular California destinations like Hollywood, Grumman’s Chinese Theater, Santa Monica Pier, and more.
- Make connections and memories you'll never forget with other AFS exchange students from around the world.
- Become a global citizen. Gain intercultural communication skills. Build your college and career resumé.
AFS-USA Grants & Scholarships
The opportunity to study abroad should be available to everyone, regardless of their financial means. Annually, we award scholarships to about half of our study abroad students.