- US Virgin Islands
- American Samoa
- New Zealand
- Dominican Republic
- Puerto Rico
- United States of America
View Other Details
Our unique study abroad programs feature an interdisciplinary curriculum combined with a hands-on sailing component to create a dynamic leadership-development experience, both on shore and at sea aboard tall ships. All programs are multidisciplinary in nature and focus on the most critical environmental issues of our time, including climate change, sustainability, biodiversity, human impacts on the environment, and environmental justice. Each of our unique study abroad programs begins with a shore component in Woods Hole, MA, wherein students begin their training and academic coursework, as well as live and work together to begin to strengthen the bonds of community. The shore component is then followed by a sea component, wherein students set sail together and fully immerse themselves as members of the ship’s crew.
SEA sets sail year-round, and with a variety of regular semester and shorter summer programs, we are confident that we offer a program that is right for any student.
- Based in the oceanographic research community of Woods Hole, Massachusetts.
- Students are active crew members participating in all science and deck operations at sea aboard one of our two custom designed and build sailing research vessels.
- No sailing experience necessary.
- Open to all majors, from all over the world.
- Transferable academic credit from Boston University.