ESLstarter - Teach & Learn Program in Argentina

ESLstarter - Teach & Learn Program in Argentina

Teach English and learn Spanish and TEFL in one of 13 incredible locations in Argentina.

This paid internship program allows you to gain priceless teaching experience whilst gaining a TEFL certificate, allowing you to teach anywhere in the world once your contract in Argentina ends.

Spend 3 to 12 months immersed in beautiful surroundings, living with a local family and earning 1200 Argentine Pesos per month. Take part in a full orientation providing you with the skills you need to teach English and enough Spanish to get by day to day in Argentina.

Arrive July 2016.

9/ 10
View detailed rating

Go to Argentina

Submitted by Ben Tollington - Swindon | February 19, 2015

I still reflect very happily on my time in Argentina and I am so glad I decided to do it, and I am especially thankful to Connecting Worlds for making me feel comfortable throughout my program. I taught English for 4 months in a private school in a seaside town called Mar del Plata. As it was my first time teaching I prepared a presentation which I prepared to all the classes of a variety of ages and skill, which made for a challenging but exciting experience, followed by a range of different types of general and specific classes as I gained confidence. Everyone was fascinated to listen to my accent and hear about my life in England. I was given all the support and encouragement I needed by the teaching coordinators, and everyone was so friendly and energetic that I enjoyed every minute.

I was lucky to live with a very kind family throughout my stay who showed me the typical Argentinian hospitality, I will never forget the countless lively dinner conversations we had which I just about managed to keep up with after 4 months, and to intimately experience and learn from such a passionate culture was one of the highlights of the program. I was also really impressed with the social events that our co-ordinator in Mar del Plata organised which enabled me to meet lots of amazing people who made me feel welcome in the city, helped me learn the language and the culture, and made it such an enjoyable experience.

My advice to someone thinking of joining a Teaching English Abroad Program is if you have an open mind and the time and money necessary, then do it. Any worries or nerves you have about taking on such a daunting experience are nothing compared to the new rewarding perspectives and values you will take away from it. Regarding the Argentina program I can highly recommend Connecting Worlds who looked after me personally and offered a fair and fulfilling program. I should add that as the program was quite new when I signed up, the level of teaching I would be giving and the host family I would be staying with was subject to change, so I would advise asking lots of questions to make sure you understand what to expect, but as long as you are driven to get the most out of the experience as you can and keep an open mind I can recommend choosing this program.

I think the main improvement I would recommend is organising a more fixed and structured timetable to the teaching program, to ensure the volunteers have a clear structure to their program.

Maddy
London
University of Exeter

My experience with EBC Elebaires

I did the TEFL course with Elebaires in Buenos Aries and found the whole experience so enriching! The teachers were so helpful and it was a great bonus to be based in a language school too. I learnt so much and have grown in confidence with my teaching skills!

Interested in teaching English abroad but unsure how to go about it? ESLstarter is the perfect place to start.

We understand that while teaching abroad is an exhilarating prospect, there are also a multitude of questions and uncertainties to be addressed both before and during