InterExchange - Teach English in Chile

Our Teaching Assistant in Chile program begins with a two-week orientation in Santiago and continues with a teaching assistant placement with host family accommodation. The program offers you the chance to assist local teachers for 20 hours per week in a classroom while helping to organize lesson plans as well. Host families provide a welcoming living environment as well as two meals per day. Placements are available throughout Chile and you'll have time to explore on the weekends and breaks, from the Pacific Coast to the highlands of the Andes.

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 10
Jade

Teaching in Santiago

It has been an amazing program that has helped me grow as a person. I also believe I have had a positive impact on the kids I have worked with. Even just teaching the kids every day greetings and courtesy words such as hello, goodbye, please, and thank you feels like valuable progress to me. Highlights include those small breakthroughs when a kid who usually is lazy or who has a bad attitude has a change of heart and puts effort into the material. I love when they have lightbulb moments and when they are proud to show me their work and tell me they understand the lesson.

The transition between the different families was the hardest part for me. It may have been easier to stay with only one family the whole time.

About InterExchange

InterExchange is a nonprofit organization devoted to promoting cross-cultural awareness through international work and volunteer exchange programs. For 40+ years, InterExchange has connected young adults from all over the world with life-changing...