Teaching Jobs in China with Footprints Recruiting

Teaching Jobs in China with Footprints Recruiting

Teaching jobs in China are increasing in popularity year after year. China is the fastest growing market for foreign teachers and this trend is not showing any signs of slowing down.

Why getting a teaching job in China is a great idea:

- Become part of the fastest growing ESL market in the world.
- We hire every month and place every month. You can be in China in as little as 3 weeks.
- Fast visas. With our reputable employers, we'll have you on our way with a legal work visa in no time.
- Low cost of living. Living in China is cheap, cheap, cheap. Your salary will make for a good standard of living.
- Make a career. A teaching job in China is a great step towards other jobs and school management.
- Choice of location. Prefer the big city of Beijing? Or rather the tropical metropolises of the Pearl River Delta? Done and done - in China you can choose your city.

Find out more or contact our China department today with all your questions about teaching jobs in China!

Asia » China » Shenzhen
Asia » China » Guangzhou
Asia » China » Beijing
1 Year+
Salary / Benefits
Salaries will vary according to your job, hours and location, but will typically be in the 7,000 - 12,000 RMB per month range. Almost all our jobs come with furnished housing with all mod cons.

Some jobs offer flight reimbursement, often paid at the end of your contract. Health insurance is usually included as well. Given the setup of most schools, you'll often find that lunch is free for teachers, too!

As we have jobs in various locations with different employers, make sure to ask our China team about the exact remuneration package offered by the job you applied to.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Ian
Atlanta, Georgia

Great Opportunity, Great Placement!

I found Footprints through my TEFL Certification provider's (International TEFL Academy) website. I originally applied to an English teaching program in Hong Kong, but after Footprints saw my resume, they immediately suggested I apply to New Pathway education (now part of EIC) in Shanghai instead. Since I was already in Shanghai, this made more sense, and I've had a great experience with New Pathway in all respects.

Footprints could work to have better relations with their partners' HR departments to ensure timely sending of onboarding materials, but that's difficult to do with Asian companies sometimes.

Aylin
Foshan China
University of Central Florida

First Time In China & Love it

My thoughts about Footprints Recruiting are nothing but positive. I must say Footprints was always on top of my process, very helpful and honest throughout any concerns I had. I have recommended Footprints and talked highly about it to others who are interested in teaching abroad.

My teaching position with Guan Hua Kindergarten in Foshan has been great. I have been here for 3 months and I have enjoyed every minute of it, Everyone is friendly, helpful and informative about any questions I might have. I feel great being here, love the kids, love teaching everyday to these kids that with a smile make my day. Foshan is a lovely city, the language has been a challenge but fun. Is easy to get around by bus and metro to visit Guangzhou or any other city in China. I have met other foreigners that are also teaching at other schools nearby so it has been a heck of an amazing start of journey.

albertaeslhorse
vancouver, BC
University of Ottawa

Teach with Footprints

Footprints got me a job in China and I had a great time. I worked for a school in Guangzhou. I taught maybe 20 hours a week, worked with great people. I was able to explore the area on the weekends.
The school wasn't perfect, and the contract was quite strict, but I was always paid. Sometimes the paycheque would be a day late, a couple times it was a day early.
I really enjoyed working with young learners, I previously taught in Korea and worked with high school students, but greatly preferred working with young students.

It was difficult to get Footprints Recruiting on the phone before I left.

Vianne
China
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Footprints Recruiting is a Poor Choice

Footprints is not trustworthy. They promise to place you with responsible schools, but they do nothing to make sure that the schools are actually reputable. Some schools are good, the rest will cheat you either a little or a lot. Good sources for placements are Dave’s ESL Café, Reach To Teach and English First. You deserve a good experience, don’t go with Footprints.

Response from Footprints Recruiting

We are very sorry to hear your experience in China was less than pleasant. Footprints is committed to placing great teachers with great schools, and running into issues with schools is unfortunately something that happens from time to time.

Us here at Footprints Recruiting want to stress that we do whatever we can do make sure we don't place teachers in schools that treat their teachers poorly. However, with new schools in China mushrooming all over and with over 6,000 teachers placed by Footprints, unfortunate things may happen. It's unfortunately part of working in a red-hot market with rapid expansion.

It's important to note that the competitors you mention work with the exact same contracts we do, and are in no way worse or better at dealing with situations like this. Dave's ESL Cafe is an important source of applicants for all recruiters, including ourselves. The suggestion made here that Dave's would be "more trustworthy" than any position advertised on the Footprints site is simply false, as all recruiters use it to source applicants.

We encourage all teachers who experience issues with their employer to contact us directly and see what we can do to help. We are always willing to help, but can't always work magic - after all, you signed a contract with the school and we make applicants aware that the agreement is between you and the school only.

Founded by English educators in 2001, Footprints Recruiting recruits native English speaking teachers and places them in safe, reputable English institutes and government programs worldwide.

We match clients with the best teachers for their programs, and we pride ourselves in our selection process. We support