Teach English in China and earn a top-end salary!

We have two programs at Teaching Experience. The most popular of which is our Paid Teaching Program.

In this program, you earn while you teach. Your salary is based upon the city in which you teach, your experience, and your qualifications. We have paid teaching placements at Kindergarten, Primary School, Middle School and High School Levels as well as Universities and English Language Training Schools.

The Chinese school year is divided into two semesters. We ask that you complete at least one semester and you can, of course, teach a full year. Anticipate differences between Chinese working conditions and those found in Western schools. We ask you to be flexible in your working hours and in your teaching expectations.

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 10
Mark

Chris' feedback

Hello. My name is Chris and I am an ESL Teacher. I have been teaching in China for more than 4 months.

I work at a Korean International School in Chengyang, Qingdao, Shandong, China. This is my second year at this school and look forward to continuing my work here. The students are a lot of fun and the staff does their best to help when they can.

A typical week for me consists of 40 hours. Of the 40 hours, I have 26 classes (40 minute classes) and the remaining time is used for office work. Although my workload is more than other schools, it can be easily managed. I am responsible for teaching Speaking, Debate, Discussion, Social Studies, Science, Reading as well as Language Arts. All of my students range from primary school to high school.

The school does their best to separate the students based upon their capability. For example, we have a Lower Elementary as well as a Higher Elementary. To further break down the student’s levels, they are then placed into Lower Elementary A, Lower Elementary B or Lower Elementary ESL. This system is followed through all grades including high school.

Aside from classes, the school holds many events for the students such as a sports day, speech/ writing competitions, special event days (Halloween/ Christmas), school trips and so on. Being apart of these events can be challenging and at times stressful but when it’s over, it can be very rewarding.

I have attached a few pictures so you can see the students and some of the events.