Teach in China - TEFL, Free Housing and 12 Weeks Vacation!

Beijing Summer Camp
The Fewer Things teacher with his students.
The Fewer Things teacher with his students.
Beijing Summer Camp
Beijing Summer Camp participants smiling.
Beijing Summer Camp participants smiling.

Escape the 9-5 life with our ‘Teach English in China Programme.' You will receive a great salary, paid vacation time and get a taste of what it is like to work and travel for a living. We want to give you the best possible experience so all applicants get a preference on which city, age range, and salary they would like to receive.

This program includes a 120 Hour TEFL Course, 2 week summer camp in Beijing, a 10 month paid teaching placement in a city of your choice, free accommodation and 12 weeks holiday!

- English teacher at a kindergarten, school, college or university
- 10 month paid placement in China
- Full and part-time placements available
- Free Accommodation
- 12 weeks holiday
- Pre-departure online TEFL Course
- 2 week Beijing Summer Camp before placement starts (Accommodation and food included)
- Flight reimbursement
- Bonus scheme

• Pre-departure Online TEFL
  • High Salary and Free Accommodation
  • 2 Week Beijing Summer Camp
  • Historical trips - The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven

COVID-19 Flexible Start Date

Due to the current situation the world is facing, you are able to sign up for any programme and start an online TEFL Course in preparation for your move to your chosen country once it is safe to do so!

Our China Programme is still due to go ahead in September as planned!

• Benefits 9.3
  • Facilities 8.8
Shannon

Graduate Programme

From day one of being accepted onto the graduate programme, I had an enormous amount of support from the team at TFT, both in the U.K. and once in China, I never felt I was alone and was never left without any questions unanswered.

I started out in Shanghai in 2018, where I worked for Pacican Academy, working on the outskirts of downtown Shanghai, the commute to my school was only 15 minutes on the metro or I could walk there on a nice day. I taught 26 periods per week, including English, art and drama class! I was worried in the beginning about teaching something other than English, but along as you have fun with it, you will be fine.

Winter break is amazing!! I got to travel to so many different countries in Asia including: Thailand, Vietnam and Lao. Travelling for me, was more important than the teaching as I had never really been out of the U.K. before going to China.

I would recommend this programme 100 times over!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I messed up my visa documents before going and was running out of time, I didn't think I'd make it to China for the summer camp and was panicking so much, I finally got the approval through and booked my flight 1 day before going!
Benjamin

Guangzhou

I started my journey in Guangzhou, China and it has been a great move for me personally and professionally. I have had many ups and down on the run up to China and once here, my coordinator at The fewer things has been a great help and always answered any questions or helped me overcome any issues I had.

The teaching is fairly relaxed and my school doesn't require me to be here when I am not teaching, its great to get out and explore the city and find new things to do almost every day. I've made friends for life here and the thing I really liked about The Fewer Things is that we were all put in a group chat around 6 months before departing, we all helped each other out with the TEFL and once at the summer camp in Beijing (which is very intense). I have recommended and will continue to recommend this programme to everyone I speak to about teaching abroad.

Be over prepared and take the advice of your coordinator and stick to the deadlines you get to process your documents and complete your TEFL. It can be stressful getting everything ready on time.
Miti

Teaching in Changsha

Applying through The Fewer Things was perhaps the best decision I made when commencing my journey as a TEFL teacher. The level of initial support, information provided and post placement support was seamless and highly appreciated. As someone who applied for the February placement, I did not feel in anyway disadvantaged due to not attending the summer camp as I was placed in a great school where I was made to feel at home regardless of the fact that I was the first and only only foreign teacher for the second term. Jaemi went the extra mile in providing information regarding the social scene where I met some amazing people. I would recommend TFT to anyone considering teaching abroad as they make what might normally be a daunting and strenuous process, memorable and enjoyable.

Tony

Professional organisation with a very personal touch

From the start The Fewer Things were very friendly and welcoming. I felt supported throughout the application process, with help from the organisation readily available as required. The steps necessary for a successful application were clearly laid out in steps manageable for a final year university student.
A representative from the organisation was there to meet us all at the TEFL training, answered questions and made us more prepared as we got to China. The in-school summer camp was strenuous as someone without previous teaching experience, but made teaching in Shanghai feel a lot less stressful.
Once my teaching contract was underway, The Fewer Things were always available on short notice to help clear up misunderstandings and act as a point of contact between the teachers, schools and higher education boards. Always very organised and effective.

The summer camp was the only part of the program that was surprising. More information on this step would be my only recommendation.
Tom

Foshan!

I was placed in an amazing school in Foshan, China. There is around 15 other foreign teachers at my school and it is like one big family. The support I received from Jaemi at TFT was great and he was always on hand with any of my questions or problems before and after I arrived in China.

The highlight for me was the Beijing summer camp which you attend before starting the placement. It is quite intense but it left me feeling confident for my first day at schools, so I can see why it is set up that way. On the evenings we'd get to go out in Beijing and it was a great way to meet new friends, two of which are placed at the same school as me!

Richie

Beijing Life

Hi, I'm Richie and I was one of the first ever teachers to do this programme back in 2018, I have been in Beijing ever since and I can not recommend it enough to people who are looking to come to China.

The support you receive from the moment you apply all the way through to you being in China is incredible, Jaemi from TFT still checks in with me regularly even after nearly 2 years of being here.

The best part about this experience for me has been meeting new people and immersing my self into a culture I knew nothing about. It has been such a great opportunity and I am glad I pursued it.

Harry

Teaching in Shanghai

The Fewer Things have been amazing in helping me get to China and supporting me while I’ve been here. No question or problem is too big or small, Jaemi has been able to help me with everything. I am having the best time in Shanghai; China is a crazy, beautiful and amazing place to live and so easy to fall in love with. I like it so much that I’m staying for a second year. If you’re looking or even thinking about moving to China to teach English I would definitely recommend The Fewer Things, they are the best people to get you there!

Sarah

A great adventure

Before choosing The Fewer Things I looked at a few other options but the reviews and offer they had were amazing so me and my boyfriend decided to go for it and It has not disappointed. We have been in China for 6 months now and honestly can't see ourselves going back to the U.K. anytime soon. The apartment we got downtown Shanghai is great and only a 5 minute walk to the metro station, so it is not that far to get to our school (about 30 minutes)

The teaching is fun and pretty relaxed, you can end up doing teaching the same lesson a few times a week because you don't always see the same the same class twice in a week. But that means less lesson planning!

We really liked the social side of things in the run up to China and once here, Jaemi from The Fewer Things creates a group chat with all of the applicants, so you get to know people before you even arrive and everyone helps each other out with the online TEFL and visa process. I would recommend this programme to anyone 100 times over.