Hello Academies: TEFL Course in Prague

Hello Academies: TEFL Course in Prague

Get TEFL Certified in Prague - Getting TEFL certified abroad gives students an advantage as you receive more hands-on teaching practice and are also able to look for jobs during the course in order to find full-time employment by the time the course is over. The Teaching English as a Foreign Language (also known as TESOL) certification qualifies you to find a paid teaching job overseas. A 4-week course prepares you for teaching grammar, speech and other necessary skills that are required when working at international schools.

Hello Academies in Prague is operated by Smaller Earth. It is a unique experience where Smaller Earth participants can learn to teach English, but at the same time, our participants from the Czech Republic also study English at the academy before they head out on their international adventures!

Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
Europe » Czech Republic
Teaching Practicum
Training Type
Classroom
Training Length
120hours
Job Placement

A bachelors degree is not always a requirement, but when you apply you will have a chat with the program coordinator who will talk you through those kind of details. Applying for a work permit here is pretty easy and only takes around a week!

• Benefits
  • Facilities
  • Instruction
  • Difficulty
  • Job Assistance

Josie

Great Opportunity!

If you are considering doing a TEFL course, definitely put this one on your list! With 120 hours in class teaching, 6 hours of student teaching, and several hours of observation in addition to the fact that it's in Prague, you really can't beat the experience! Additionally, the fact that housing is included for the duration of the class makes this program a lot less stressful than many others. I feel 100% more confident in my skills as a EFL teacher than I ever imagined I could.

One big thing that was an issue during my month was the consistency of the lessons the instructors were teaching. Overall, they were all great and knowledgeable, however occasionally they would teach things in direct contridiction with each other and that made things confusing at times. They were always willing to clarify though!

Lucas

Awesome TEFL Certification Experience!

Hello Academies is one of the premier TEFL Certification Programs in Prague. The materials provided prepare you to jump directly into the amazing world of teaching English abroad. The instructors are great and are always willing to help. Furthermore, the smaller class size of this program ensures that the program feels more like a family. There are a handful of events throughout the course, and you are connected with Hello Academies Alumni so that you have a great network of English-speaking expats right of the bat. On top of a great community aspect, the program offers gret suport in getting a job after finishing the course - I was employed by a language school that presented at Hello Academies within a week of graduating. Overall, Hello Academies provides an awesome balance between preparing you to succeed as an English teacher as well as making the experience totally enjoyable.

One tricky part about moving to Prague is finding a flat afterwards. The program helps by finding flats on certain websites but it does take a certain amount of initiative to find a great spot - especially in September or October when there is a huge influx of Erasmus students and demand for houses is really high. As long as you are willing to seek help from Hello Academies employees, they are always willing to help.

Anna

Wonderful Experience

I could not be happier with my decision to do my TEFL certification in Prague with Hello Academies. I looked into many opportunities in order to get certified and I am so fortunate that I stumbled upon Hello Academies. The course is intensive and a great learning experience, you will come out knowing a lot about the english language that you may have forgotten or never knew in the first place. You will spend your days in the class room with the TEFL director Martha and let me tell you this woman is amazing! Martha is full of energy and very entertaining which is important because there is A LOT of material to cover in 28 days. The course can be challenging but Martha is there to guide you each step of the way. Martha does a great job of making you feel comfortable and helping you to become a confident teacher. She is incredibly knowledgable when it comes to the english language and her teaching methods are very effective.

During the month in Prague you will become very close with your fellow students, Martha and Becca. Becca is very helpful when it comes to anything and everything you may need during your stay in Prague. She helps with housing, transportation , events around the city and helping students to find apartments and jobs after the program. Becca is very approachable and a welcoming which is important when moving to a new city. One day during class I was not feeling too well ( the run to the bathroom and head in the toilet kind of sick). Becca was so helpful and accompanied me on the tram home and brought me ginger ale to help me feel better. Becca does a great job of connecting students with the alumni and coordinating events in Prague. This really enhanced my experience and helped with making friends in the city!

Overall, doing your TEFL in Prague with Hello Academies is a great choice and you will fall in love with Prague!

The program could be improved if more information was provided about the visa application process for Americans. I would recommend that students apply for a visa appointment at an embassy outside of the Czech Republic before they arrive in Prague. It takes around 30 days to get the appointment.

Molly

Amazing 4 weeks!

I had a great experience getting TEFL certified at Hello`Academies in Prague. The programme is well organised and fully prepares you to teach English abroad. Everyone on the course is so supportive - Martha and Becca are both so helpful and passionate about what they do. By taking the course, I've not just gained TEFL certification but lifelong friendships and memories that will last a lifetime! :)

Margaret

TEFL in Prague

This course has been one of the most amazing experiences for me! I have learned so much from my trainers, Martha and Becca. They have been the most helpful people during this course. I have met some of the most amazing people during my time here. I am leaving, not only with a TEFL certificate, but with new friendships that I know will last a lifetime! This certificate has opened so many doors for me. I cannot begin to say how much I recommend this course to everyone who loves a challening and rewarding experience.

Emily
USA
Shippensburg University

Great Program- TEFL Course in Prague

I loved taking this course! I met a lot of great people, made life long friends, and learned so much about myself. I was very nervous to come and teach people but now that the course is finished I am sad it is over. The students are very nice and I feel confident in my abilities to teach English effectively. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to travel and have amazing experiences. The instructors were wonderful and made us all feel like we could accomplish anything. Coming to this course was the best decision I have ever made and the entire experience was incredibly rewarding.

Kay
Glasgow, UK
Glasgow Caledonian University

Czech out this course!

I have enjoyed my time at Hello Academies, the course was well done. The course instructor was great at explaining how to teach English as a foreign language. We developed our techniques overtime with observed teaching lessons which prepared us to teach in a classroom after certification.

They were very helpful with any issues that we had throughout the course - they have helped build up my confidence little by little which I appreciate so much.

It is an intense course so be prepared to work hard! Thank you very much for your help.

Nothing, it was great

Dania

A great month!

I really enjoyed my experience with Smaller Earth for the month! I love Martha and Becca! They were very supportive and knowledgeable. I learned a lot and it was a very worth while experience. Prague is also a very beautiful and interesting city. There is so much to do and see. The accommodations we great and I really enjoyed my stay. The students were also very friendly and made teaching fun. Thanks to Smaller Earth for opening the new and awesome world of teaching to me. (:

Nope, it was great!

Alexandra

30 days of TEFL

The TEFL course I took in July 2017 was easily the greatest, most exciting and intensive experience in my life! Not only do I now have a certificate in teaching recognized worldwide, I also have a new family with which my best memories have been made! I would recommend this program to anyone, whether interested in teaching or not, the experience and the transferable skills you gain through this course are amazing!

I wouldn't change a thing about this course, I loved every second from start to finish... Even the stressful parts!

Dawson
Manchester
Shawnee State University

TEFL in Prague

Having just spent the last month in Prague taking the TEFL course, I can say that it the most fun experience I have had in a month's time. The course is very intensive, but the people you met, the experience you get teaching, and the atmosphere of Prague are worth every bit of it.
The instructor is extremely knowledgable and the staff is extremely friendly. It is something I definitely recommend to others.

More survival Czech lessons in the beginning to help with the month's stay

Katrina
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Amazing Learning Experience

The TEFL program in Prague was absolutely amazing. It was a highly intensive, well-planned, hands-on learning experience. Martha is a highly-educated instructor who also knows how to make learning fun. There is no one else I would rather have instruct the four-week long course. Teaching not only comes naturally to her, but she loves it and it shows! When I first started, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing or even talking about to students, but by the end of the course I felt comfortable in front of a class and well-versed in the English language. I highly recommend this course because of her.

The month program was not only amazing because of what I mentioned above. First off, you stay in an apartment with other students in Praha 10, which I personally think is a great area. There were only three students so each of us had our own rooms. The apartment was clean and seemed newly renovated. Secondly, it's hard to just up and move to a new country with no friends, but Becca is great at helping new students out with that. There are plenty of opportunities to meet alumni! Becca also does a great job creating fun events and even takes the students out on a day trip. Because of all of these events, I feel I met a lot of cool people and made some awesome friends. Becca also goes out of her way to help with whatever problems you might be having (finding houses, broken computers, etc.).

Overall, I think anyone who doesn't mind a bit of work and is looking for an amazing new experience in a different country can and should do this course. You won't regret it.

It was not communicated how difficult and confusing getting the visa would be for non-EU members. Most of the staff and participants had passports belonging to the EU so they didn't have to take the extra measurements and pay the extra costs of applying for the visa. It would also be useful if they updated what they project cost of living to be on their website and in their interview. The housing market in Prague has apparently changed drastically in the past couple of years. When I budgeted, I planned for housing to be a lot cheaper and easier to find than what it is! Otherwise, the program itself is amazing and I recommend doing it!

Harry
Texas Tech University

Great

Smaller Earth has given me the experience of a life time. Through this programme I have gained life long friends, great memories, and an open door to the rest of the world. All in all I had a great experience through this TEFL programme and am very happy with my decision in choosing them. Martha (our main instructor for my course) was very knowledgable, patient, and helpful in making myself and my other classmates comfortable with the prospect of being in front of a classroom. If you're thinking about doing this course be like Nike and Just Do IT!

Aine
Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Worth every penny

To anyone that may be having hesitations, that may not think this is something they would like or this is perhaps too far out of their comfort zone.

Go for it!

As someone who applied, put down their deposit, paid in full and booked their flights; I had never truly expected myself to go. I had never been in a foreign country by myself before and was terrified at the prospects.

However from the moment I arrived in the Hello house I felt at home. Everyone was so welcoming and excited and soon enough their excitement became my excitement.

Do not be fooled in thinking this course is a walk in the park, it's not. BUT! You will receive all the help you need and will be surrounded by people who are in the same boat as you.

All I can say is;

1. Work hard, complete assignments the day their assigned.

2. Ask questions. Martha (your instructor) will be more than happy to answer them and just wants you to get the most out of each lesson.

3. Enjoy every moment. Hello Academies set up some great events during the month you're with them and the pub night is not to be missed.

My time with Hello Academies is something I will always remember and cherish. It was so great that I ended up staying in Prague for another 3 months and I've already booked my tickets to go back!

Marinella
Prague, Czech Republic
Bentley University

Great Month

Hello Academies was really great in this TEFL experience. I found their style of teaching fit my learning style well and I felt well prepared to actually teach. They have been a great support network for job searching, visas, and housing. Really glad I joined this program! Met a lot of awesome friends as well :) Like any other TEFL course, there is a lot within the month. It can get stressful, but as long as you do a bit a day and lean on your classmates and wonderful Hello, you will make it through with flying colors! And make time to explore Prague! It's beautiful.

Darshan
South Africa

Value for Money

I started this course never having travelled to Europe before. From the day I had been picked up at the airport until my departure a month later, it was an incredible journey for me.

The support I received from Martha and her team were exceptional. The course material covers everything you'd need know to start your teaching career.

The accommodation for students is a few tram stops away from Hello Academies' offices. I'd recommend this course to anyone considering a teaching career. Prague is beautiful even in the winter and the city's charm made me want to stay longer.

Petr
Neverland

Amazing 4 weeks with HELLO ACADEMIES

I did not really know what to expect from the course but I have to say it was the right decision to take it and especially HELLO ACADEMIES in Prague. It was exhausting and intense but definitely worth it. The program is really well prepared, the tutors are amazing. They really deliver the knowledge at its best. They are super helpful and supportive. I would ever believe I can learn the grammar I did not know before that quickly and easily as during the course. Now after the course I feel very confident and prepared for the future teaching and that is only and only thanks to the tutors at HELLO ACADEMIES. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Peter

malika
United Kingdom
Liverpool Hope University

the best 4 weeks!

this was the greatest experience of my life. it was tough and exhausting but through this course not only have i learned how to teach but i have gained so many invaluable life skills. i have made life long friends through this course. i feel confident and capable to take on the English teaching world. Martha was amazing, she is a creative teacher and gives great, constructive, feedback. if you decide to take this course i wish you the best, you will have the greatest time ever. hello academies are a great TEFL company

clearer information about deadlines

Michael
Chicago

Small group, big hearts, and one great class

I completed this TEFL course last November with Hello Academies in Prague. I am now thinking of returning to Prague eventually after several months, and I figure it were time for me to give credit where credit is due and offer some suggestions for future trainees.

1. Before the course

I tried to sign up for the course at the last minute, while I was still working in India only a few weeks before the course, but the staff were very helpful and were able to interview me by phone in India and accept my application. Communications were clear in coordinating my arrival in Prague, although I wish someone had warned me about the taxi drivers' practice of overcharging foreigners. I ended up getting housing through Airbnb on my own, a place within walking distance to class. But the staff also volunteered to help me find housing in Prague. In retrospect, I appreciated having the Airbnb place. Even though it was much more expensive, I had the convenience of walking to class in 2 minutes and more privacy and peace and quiet than the shared-room group housing the program offered. The downside, however, was that in addition to the age-difference barrier I had with the rest of the class (I was much older), I was physically isolated in my living arrangements from the rest of the class and did not benefit from group discussions and peer feedback outside of the class, plus reminders about assignment due dates, activities and events, etc. that came with living with the rest of the class. If I were to do it again, I would still choose a private room over the group housing, but I would put in more effort to connect with classmates to be kept in the loop on the various details of the course and staying in Prague.

Other things I would do before the start of the class:

A. Make sure you have a good working laptop for word processing, spreadsheets, Internet connection, etc. Fix whatever problems your computer may have. You will need it throughout the course. Get to know how to navigate through Google docs. Piece of cake for most youngsters now, but I am getting a bit too old to learn new tricks. At least, not easily.
B. Come a few days before class starts to familiarize yourself with the city and its resources: where to get supplies, laundry, transportation, computer repairs, copy shops, stationery, etc.
C. Do some sightseeing to get the urge out of the way, so that you don't feel you have only this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do it, while the course is going at its intensive pace. If you are a procrastinator like me, you will still find an excuse not to do your work on time. But one does what one can to get rid of excuses. Prague is a beautiful city with many temptations. Enjoy, then study.
D. Spend some time to learn a little Czech, especially the phonetic aspects of it. It will help you understand the mistakes of your students in your practice teaching sessions and especially in analyzing the mistakes of your student in the learner profile assignment.

2. During the course

A. attitude

I had previously completed CELTA before taking this TEFL course and was only taking the course to get the TEFL brand name, which is better recognized in certain parts of the world, so I had a more relaxed, almost nonchalant attitude in the beginning, which quickly turned to my disadvantage. You need to take this course seriously, no matter how qualified you are already. Things could easily pile up with the intensive pace of this course and you need to be organized and be on top of it to not fall behind. Having a strong reason for wanting to succeed in the course and reminding yourself of the reason will help. You need to decide and know what you want before you come and not give up when you are here. The staff were consistently friendly, helpful and encouraging, but you need to be organized enough yourself to avail yourself of their help during class and office hours. Huge mistakes in my practice lessons could have been avoided, if I had asked for feedback more in advance.

B. instruction

One outstanding feature of the instruction part of the course is that the director of the program systematically goes through all the English verb tenses and their uses, illustrated with diagrams. This is something that was not quite covered in my CELTA training. I have gone through verb conjugations for a number of other European languages, so it was not such a big deal, but I still appreciated having it taught in its entirety systematically. For native English speakers, grammar would come naturally in speaking, but explaining the why's and how's of it to someone else is nearly impossible. This is where you get your money's worth. You learn to articulate the explanations to a non-native speaker.

That is not to say, I had no issues with the instruction. I have great respect for the director of the program, who was also the primary teacher of the course. She was evidently abundantly qualified, knowledgeable, intelligent, charming, helpful, and fair and effective as a teacher. I think she also truly wanted to help the trainees succeed and took her responsibility seriously. And I adored her British accent. Nevertheless, I still strongly disagree with her regarding the demise of the subjunctive in English. It still makes my stomach churn and my blood boil, when I hear people say, "if I was," when they should say, "if I were" in contrary-to-fact conditional statements. It's a losing battle against the tide of ignorance, but better to die a glorious death at the Thermopylae of the English language than to live a life without the freedom from boorishness that can only be won by the grace and elegance of subjunctives. At the very least, I think it should be made clear that there is still a difference between street (dare I say gutter?) English and acceptable academic or literary English. End of my preaching to the choir, if any still exists.

Another notable feature of the instruction is the introduction to IPA symbols. Although we did not have time in the course to become experts on the subject, the materials presented made me much more aware of the depth of the subject, the resources available and the necessity for me to work on this skill. The course did not cover the phonetics of contractions, elisions, etc. That is perhaps something that could be added to future curricula, so that trainees can be at least made aware of the concepts.

C. practice teaching sessions

Do not procrastinate like me. Prepare, prepare, and prepare way in advance. Use the office hours to get feedback in advance. However, mistakes you make are invaluable in helping you learn. The teachers were great in giving detailed, helpful feedback and the lessons you learn from these practice runs are the ones that will stay with you. Particularly useful was the videotaped lesson. You get to watch yourself as others see you. I never realized how distracting my hand gestures were, until I saw my own video.

3. Ancillary points

The course itself, though intense in its pace, was very enjoyable with the pleasant, friendly atmosphere. Our particular class of about 9 or 10 people had great camaraderie and was very mutually supportive. I had a great time cracking jokes to an appreciative audience, although the disruptions I caused were probably sometimes to the chagrin of the teachers. I got away with more than I should have, I must say with a guilty conscience. The teachers were firm, though, when they needed to be, so that no course content suffered as a result of shenanigans from clowns like me. The initial group lunch, the river cruise field trip and a couple of nights out at local pubs all served to heighten the group's camaraderie.

At the end of the program, representatives from a couple of English-instruction schools came to present employment opportunities with them and an agency gave a presentation on how to find housing and obtain necessary permits to work in Prague.

4. Summary

Overall, it was a very well-organized, substantive, thoughtful and, with its brief duration, efficient program, designed to give the trainees the basics of how to teach English in four short weeks and help them find employment immediately, especially in Prague. But I want to emphasize two points in particular. First, the old adage: you get out of it what you put into it. Second, learn beyond what is being taught in the classroom. For me, the warmth, friendliness, sincerity, professionalism, self-discipline and self-control, and balanced frame of mind of the staff and teachers may prove to be the most valuable gifts that I will cherish and hope to emulate from this experience. Not to mention the director's charming British accent and all those gorgeous Czech women in class, especially the grandmas (inside joke). OK, I had better stop before I get myself into real trouble. Just take the class. You won't regret it.

More spacious facilities
Better temperature controls, better heat distribution/dissipation.
Loan computer equipment.
Better, larger library.

Sarah
Newcastle upon Tyne

Fantastic but intensive experience!

I signed up for this course without really knowing what to expect or what I wanted to do with the qualification once I obtained it. I knew I wanted to gain a TEFL qualification at some point and I was considering doing it once I had finished my degree. But when I found this course I thought it would be too good of an opportunity to let pass by. The intensive four weeks meant that I could do it in the summer between studying without having to take time off. As it runs all year round it means you can do the course when it best suits you.

Throughout the time of study the staff were helpful and encouraging. The course was well organised, the modules were all relevant and the hands on experience gave us the opportunity to apply the skills we had learned into the classroom. I really felt my skills developing throughout the course as my confidence grew.

Prague is a beautiful city with so much to do. The food, culture, nightlife and the events that hello academies organise are also good fun too.

Even though I chose not to stay in Prague I'm so glad I did this course as I now feel prepared to go and teach anywhere in the world. Just go for it!

To have been able to speak to the other people on the course prior to departure.

Bex
Sleepy Hollow
Bradley University

Great Staff, Great Program!

Before taking Hello Academies TEFL certification program, I had no previous teaching experience, so I was a little nervous going into. However, the TEFL trainers, Martha and Rebecca, were so helpful and knowledgeable. They were there for us TEFL trainees throughout the entire course and gave amazing feedback to help us improve our teaching skills. By the end of the course, I can honestly say I felt confident enough to create successful lesson plans and teach non-native speakers English. The rest of the Smaller Earth staff also helped to make my experience in the course a good one. They were so helpful whenever I had questions about where to find things in Prague or to give me recommendations on things to do. They also helped me find accommodation for after the course. I recommend Hello Academies to anyone who is interested in getting TEFL certified!

Mickey
detroit

let's do this course again.

So, really for sure i mean that. Doing the course, agian, would be easy to do and accomplish because the situations created by all staff is wicked awesome and totally in order. Definitely sign up for their course, if what your looking for is the first step to an new start to a new adventure and maybe teach some English when you get the chance, then this course i highly recommend. 9 out of 10 is good, no doubt, but go see for yourself and then write one of these reviews and try and say something negative about what they didn't meet. It was a great experience and opened a lot of doors.

Make it free!
everything rocks
and
rolls

Becky
1 year old
Liverpool
University of Liverpool

The most life changing month ever!

Getting my TEFL certificate with Hello Academies in 2014 was the best decision I ever made. It changed the course of my life forever.

I became confident, overcame my anxiety about public speaking and even made the move abroad full time. The staff are incredible, so dedicated and caring and will always go above and beyond! They guided me through everything I needed, and were available 24 hours a day for emergency.

The course was intense but interactive and fun - the Czech students we taught became great friends and my co-teachers became my friends for life.

I love Prague and I loved this course! I would strongly recommend it to anyone who loves to travel and would like to find a way to fund further travel!

The staff frequently request feedback and try where ever possible to implement changes requested by students, if of course they are applicable, so the course is always being improved!

Olivia
Philadelphia
Temple University

Great course!

Great course! Getting my TEFL certificate through Hello Academies was one of the best decisions that I have made. The amazing teachers, students and roommate made everything a million times better. Definitely a life-changing, busy, stressful, and rewarding month. The staff and friends that I made persuaded me to stay in Prague! There was a lot of help with applying for a visa, finding housing, and getting a job. I would definitely recommend to anyone considering taking a TEFL course!

Britton
Minnesota
University of Iowa

Amazing people!

Getting my TEFL Certificate through Hello Academies was an amazing experience! They helped me with every step of the process from picking me up at the airport to job assistance after finishing my TEFL certification. The TEFL instructor is extremely talented and the rest of the staff members are helpful as well. I finished the course in August '15, am still living in Prague, and have no plans of leaving!

Anna
Prague, The Czech Republic

Non-native English Speaker Experience

When I got my bachelor's degree in January, I was sure I still need to work on myself to get a well paid job. However, I knew I did not want to continue my education at university. For this reason I decided to take TEFL course here in Prague instead and I gotta say I will never ever regret this decision.

TEFL course gave me exactly what I expected - a lot of useful theoretical information concerning teaching and work with various levels of students, as well as many hours of practice. By the end of the course I had finished 13 lesson of English teaching - where else can you get this in just 4 weeks? :) :) :)

I also had a chance to become friends with many English teachers who work here in Prague. It means that anytime I need a piece of advice, or just want to hang out with people who have similar interests, there is always someone ask.

If there was one thing I could change it would be the spectrum of students we worked with during our teaching practice. Most of our students were intermediate - and they attended even lessons that were aimed at pre-intermediate students. This means we didn't really have a chance to teach various levels.

ella
dublin

tefl prague helo academies

The main reason I decided come to Prague complete to my TEFL certificate was because I wanted to experience studying in another European country and meet like minded people.

Many people had told me before I started the course about how intense it was. This was definitely a good thing as this meant I could prepare myself -in the end I didn't actually find it too intense!! Yes, we were in class every week day from 9.30 until 6pm but there was quite a long break in the middle of the day. We had every weekend free to explore the city and meet past participants of the course.

Before I came to Prague I hadn't yet decided if I wanted to stay on for longer. After just 1 week I knew I wanted to stay for the summer! Prague is a beautiful city with so much happening during the week and at the weekend.

Hello Academies has a fantastic TEFL course, but its really the people who make the course so enjoyable. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The alumni group is probably one of the best things about doing the course at hello academies. Before coming to Prague I did not know anyone.
There are so many events organised at the weekends which are fantastic opportunities for meeting past students of the course. I have made so many new friends from around the world, and hope to make even more this Summer.

The accommodation we stayed at during the course was satisfactory. It was in a safe environment however it was a little far from the city centre. The Wifi was free but not very good; instead I just got a Czech sim card with data for internet.

This course has been an absolutely amazing experience. I would definitely recommend to all my friends, and especially to anyone who loves meeting new people and travelling.

Stef
University of Massachusetts- Amherst

TEFL

Overall, I had a really great experience doing my TEFL course with Smaller Earth. The instructor (Barbora) was excellent and very knowledgeable about the topics we needed to know. After this course, I feel prepared to teach anywhere in the world. The lessons were very helpful and teaching 2-3 times a week definitely boosted my confidence.

Prague itself is an amazing city, and if you are thinking about doing a TEFL certification I would definitely recommend doing it here with Smaller Earth.

The only thing I would change about this program would be the housing.It was a bit far out from the city center, and having long days plus commuting was a bit of an annoyance sometimes.There are night trams though.

Lil
Los Angeles, California

TEFL Prague

Overall, I really enjoyed the TEFL Course in Prague. It was an amazing experience meeting people from different parts of the world. I will say this, once you are part of the program you automatically join such a tight knit family. I abosulelty loved our TEFL instructor...so full of energy and knowledge. And for that reason I would recommend the program to any future students.

I would probably change the location of the housing to be a bit closer to the school. The course itself was very straight forward and allowed for further english development.

Lucille
Durban, South Africa

A great program that enables you to travel.

My experience here got off to a rocky start but with the support of the staff, things got easier. The course is very intensive and for a native English speaker, it was also a great refresher on English grammar. I would say if you want to a chance to travel and meet new people and have fun while doing it, this course is a great course to do. The instructors are great, natural, warm and friendly and they help you as much as you can if you have issues like I did. A bonus is that Prague is a beautiful city and the cost of living here is very reasonable.

Tara
University of Western Ontario

TEFL Course

I know this may be getting repetative now after looking at previous reviews but I could honestly not recommend this program enough. It is a great way to meet new people from around the world, get a little refresher on the English language (which after a while you realize you may not know as well as you thought), and gain some practical experience with Czech students that will prepare you for working in the field.

In preparation to come over to Prague I had so many questions and concerns. The staff here were extremely helpful and reassuring, answering anything I had to ask and providing the necessary resources to prepare for my trip (just make sure to educate youself about the visa process beforehand, specific to the country you are coming from). This one-month course was intensive, and if you have no prior experience teaching, like me, lesson planning can be a bit of a challenge at first but you do get the hang of it after a while - I promise!

Overall I think the course was a great experience with an awesome team to help you out along the way. You’ll meet so many new people and the experience of living is Prague is something I can’t even describe. If you’re on the fence about taking this program, all I can tell you is that you will not regret it!

Ready to work abroad? If the thrill of earning a paycheck and traveling at the same time is enticing to you, then welcome to Smaller Earth.

Smaller Earth has been sending individuals on work and travel programs since 1999. What started out as a one-man