TEFL Worldwide Prague- Awarded #1 TEFL Certification Program

Group Graduation Photo
Kenny and his present
Kenny and his present
TEFL Worldwide Prague Friendship Forever

Get Paid Teaching English Abroad! In just 4 weeks you can become TEFL certified and begin teaching English here in Prague or Anywhere!

TEFL Worldwide is an American owned leading TEFL course provider offering the Accredited & Internationally Recognized 125 hour, 4-week TEFL certificate course in the heart of Europe, Prague! The TEFL Worldwide course is highly rated and comes highly recommended by our graduates.

To date TEFL Worldwide has nearly 3,000 graduates who have gone on to teach in 60+ countries! We provide lifetime job assistance, Alumni events and support before, during and well after the course. We are always here for you! Our dedication to our graduates is what sets us apart from other schools.

Because of our reputation with language schools worldwide, our graduates are working 1-3 weeks after graduation, many times sooner! Language schools contact us regularly wanting to hire our graduates because of their solid training from TEFL Worldwide.

Apply Today!

• Highly Rated, Accredited, Internationally Recognized and Externally Moderated Course.
  • Lifetime Job Assistance Worldwide!
  • Support before, during and well after the course. The trainers are dynamic and supportive. We are always here for you!
  • Join Our Alumni Network with over 3,000 graduates in 60+ countries!
  • Highly reputable course which was awarded as the Top TEFL Certification Program of 2018!

• Benefits 9.1
  • Facilities 8.5
  • Instruction 9.9
  • Academic Rigor 8.3
  • Job Assistance 9.6
Hailey

Fulfilling, valuable TEFL Course

I completed the TEFL course in August 2019 and had an excellent experience throughout the entirety of the course. Prior to the course, Chelisa and Cheryl were in frequent contact with me to provide all the information I needed about the course and to answer any questions I had. Since my course was a bigger group, we were taught by two different trainers, Kenny and Jazmin. They were both excellent instructors. Input sessions covered a variety of subjects related to teaching English, and all of the sessions were very well prepared and informative. Even though trainees are thrown into teaching from the very first week of the course, I felt prepared to teach my first lesson. The course is very intense, but if you manage your time effectively it’s no problem completing all of the assignments. Feedback on teaching practice was accurate, helpful, and very constructive. Even when being more critical of a trainee, the feedback definitely felt like it was given to help us, not to make us feel bad. There was always a trainer available to help during office hours if we needed assistance with lesson planning or other information related to the course. There was a large focus on grammar, both in increasing our own awareness of it as well as learning how to teach it. Cheryl has been fantastic with providing job guidance and interview preparation, and since the program has such a good reputation in Prague it has been easy to find a job here within a few weeks of graduation. I’m not currently looking to teach children but I took the Young Learner’s Workshop in case I want to in the future, and that was a valuable aspect of the course as well. The office staff were always very kind and helpful. Overall, I had a wonderful experience at TEFL Worldwide and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking to teach English abroad.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
If you have never taught before, the first time standing in front of students and teaching can be a nail-biting experience. However, the trainers have prepared you very well and if you take a deep breath and remember what you've been taught, you'll do lovely.
Kate

Amazing course! One of the best decisions I've made.

I live in Prague and took the course mainly to learn how to plan an English lesson. The course was amazing and surpassed all my expectations! I was expecting a difficult course that would better prepare me for teaching English, but I had no idea how enriching, enjoyable and fulfilling the experience would be! I was quite nervous before the course, as I had never really prepared a lesson and am not a native speaker. There was no need to worry though! After the first day of the course, I already felt like I had gained so much knowledge and it was a truly eye-opening experience. The course is taught by amazing English teachers and the lessons were very effective, fun, and interactive- I never felt bored in class. The course is intensive, but all the work is worthwhile- there were no unnecessary tasks or lessons, and it was definitely manageable. The trainers were always available and willing to help. All the staff members were very nice, pleasant, and helpful. They are ready to help with anything and provide ample job and accommodation assistance, even after graduating. On the last day of the course there was a job fair where Prague language schools came and presented themselves. Prague has many language schools that are looking for English teachers, so it is very easy to find a job here! I am so happy that I took the course. I feel very prepared to teach English now. Not only did I learn how to teach English, but I also became a lot more aware of the language. I also love that I have an international certificate, so that I can work and travel. It gives me security that I can find a job almost anywhere in the world. It is definitely one of the best investments I have made.

Marie

Great Language School!!

Wow! Tefl worldwide was an excellent programme that left me with the skills I needed to get a job locally and internationally. I have been happily working for 3 years with the skills they taught me. Highly recommended. The staff were top notch, the materials we accessible, up to date and useful. The only downside is the location of the school which is out of the city centre. It’s ideal if you like quiet, residential areas, but not great for those of us that like to explore the city. Otherwise, I was very satisfied with what I received. The certificate at the end is a very professional degree that is useful anywhere you choose to teach. I still receive continued support and opportunities from the school even though I’ve left :) you’ll be happy with this programme too.

Robert

teflworldwideprague July 2019

After deliberating over doing a TEFL course, approximately 3 years on and off, i eventually got round to doing it this year. Conscientious of the fact too that i had been away from school some 35 years by then i was naturally very apprehensive and unsure about going into it with no previous English teaching experience as it were.

I was in the TEFL Worldwide Prague class of July 2019 so have recently just graduated and it was a great experience and between the support of the staff and my peers there i have truly gained some great friends for life now, I have absolutely no regrets about my choice.

The classes and instructors (Kenny, Jazmin and Adrian) were extremely helpful and supportive throughout my time there and treated any queries or doubts i had along the way with sensitivity and patience. Every minute of instruction and preparation was meaningful, well thought out and presented in such a way to give us the best chance later in life which you will completely understand later. I could not have hoped for better help and guidance. The school has been very caring about all of us and the support is still ongoing in many aspects.

My certificate has offered me already no less than a dozen choices for TEFL opportunities between Moscow (where i live) Prague and Turkey to date which has more than exceeded my expectations after only 2 weeks from graduating.

I considered many different TEFL courses in the time leading up to my final choice with teflworldwideprague but it has exceeded, surpassed anything else i can imagine is out there and to study in a place that has no better a backdrop than the city of Prague. For anyone who hopes to be able to teach TEFL around the world, you need to learn from the best and this school has already a worldwide reputation that cannot be matched by any other school with it's support and FAMILY like atmosphere. This means doors will be opened that were unexpected by you. This is a program that excels above all others and is a choice that you will never regret.

Be prepared to work.....it's intense but well worth it.!!

All thanks to Cheryl, Dana, Chelisa and Veronika for all their organisation, support and later.... well earned downtime :)

Nothing that i can say or add at this time. The course/programme was thorough and covered everything needed to give confidence and ability to progress as TEFL teacher.
Victiria

Prague

TEFL worldwide Prague course is an intense course. There is a lot of information that is taught in 4 weeks. The course curriculum includes a rigorous content and 21st teaching methods. The class program is structure and well delivered by the instructors. The teachers teach by asking students a series of questions, allowing the students to think quickly and logically to gather the answer for themselves. The instructors are experts in their field and delivered the information in a highly skilled, well organized, and very professional manner. The instructors were available and assisted us when we needed help with our assignments. There is an sufficient amount of time given for practice teaching which is very helpful. I am a slow learner, and yet by the end of the course my grammar skills improved and I learned skills needed to become a successful English as a second language teacher.

What was your funniest moment?
There was not one funny moment. The instructors incorporated humor in their teaching. They made the course fun and joyful at times.
Purevbaatar

It’s been the most intensive and productive 4 weeks of my life

The TEFL is one of the best school I studied at and it’s also one of my best choices so far.
I‘ve learned many good things and techniques at this course.
Our teachers Kenny and Jazmin are very experienced and knowledgeable, friendly and helpful in all the ways.
I also want to say thanks to Cheryl, Dana and Veronika for their help and support.
As a non-native speaker, I thought it will be hard studying with all of those native speakers. However, it was a big challenge for me and now, I can only say that I am really happy that I chose TEFL World Wide Prague!
The teachers taught me all main techniques how to become a good teacher. If you pass this English course, so it’s just up to you what you will do…after the course, you have all important experiences and knowledge about teaching English abroad. I would definitely recommend TEFL course to all future students.

Jacqueline

Worth Every Single Cent

TEFL Worldwide Prague was a joy to experience from day one upon arrival in Prague. While I was no stranger to international travel, I had never been to the Czech Republic before. My taxi from the airport to the accommodations was arranged before my arrival and I was met by a previous graduate of the program. The support staff was absolutely phenomenal and always available by text or phone call whenever there was a need for help.

The teaching staff was amazing, informative, and gave feedback on everything from classroom structure to teaching methods on how to interact with the students more. The work load is not for the faint of heart but if the student has the willpower to push through, the staff is 100% behind them! This program was worth every single cent I spent and I have absolutely no regrets!

The only thing I would suggest is somewhere on the website or when a person sends in an application, be upfront about the work load and suspected time outside of the classroom.
Read my full story
Jim

TEFL Worldwide Prague is #1 for many good reasons!

Having trained and taught people for many years, I was impressed at the level of professionalism in this four week intensive program. Kenny and Jazmin are master trainers who consistently model the proper techniques and are patient and outgoing to a diverse range of students. Additionally, they, along with Adrian and Alison, provided insightful feedback when observing our live lessons and gave this 'old dog' some new tricks to think about and use when next I get in front of a class.
Also, the support staff of Cheryl, Dana, Veronika and others were quick to answer any questions and help with everything ranging from recommendations about Prague to getting employment anywhere in the world after the program finished.
I can wholeheartedly recommend TEFL Worldwide and if you are considering enrolling know that you will work hard, have fun, make new friends and be in great hands!

Corinne

TEFL experience

TEFL Worldwide Prague was a great experience. The entire office staff – Cheryl, Dana, and Veronika – is always kind and extremely helpful! The support doesn’t stop after graduation. They have continued to offer support and answer any questions after graduation from the program. The instructors, Kenny and Jazmin, as well as the other observers, Adrian and Allison, were knowledgeable, helpful, and patient. The teaching and feedback provided throughout the course was exceptional. Kenny and Jazmin put a great deal of effort into making sure the course prepares you to be a successful teacher. So, naturally the course requires a lot of effort from you, too. My advice to anyone considering the program is to complete your assignments as quickly as you can. Don’t let yourself fall behind because the course moves quickly, and it could become stressful to those who procrastinate. However, even with the pace of the course, there’s plenty of time given to complete all the assignments. Ask questions, take good notes, and improve from the feedback the instructors give you. This was truly a positive learning experience! Without hesitation I would recommend TEFL Worldwide Prague to anyone considering a TEFL certification.

Brooke

Exceeded Expectations

I started considering a TEFL program in 2015 and was in contact with several different schools. For the majority of 2018 Cheryl and Dana were in contact with me regularly to answer my questions, provide information, and give support. Never once did the staff push for enrollment or commitment to the program, but continually offered patient (and quick!) responses to any questions or concerns I posed.

The level of instruction and feedback during the course was excellent. Having gone through several academic programs I believe my standards are pretty high. Kenny and Jazmin were knowledgeable, respectful, patient, and supportive during the entire process. Allison and Adrian also provided helpful and insightful feedback as observers that allowed for continual progress throughout the course.

Without hesitation I would recommend this program to anyone - the support and guidance are there before, during, and after!

Vincent

TEFL Worldwide

I took the course in the spring of 2015 and absolutely loved it. One, the instructors are amazing and supportive and two, Prague is gorgeous. I need to mention that the course can be a bit challenging, especially if you do not have any experience with teaching or if you have never really studied English grammar. But I also should say that there is nothing in the course that you won't be able to learn or do by the end of it. There are refresher grammar lessons for those of us who forgot what an adjective was and you have a ton of opportunities to practice teaching and improve your skills. Through it all, the instructors as well as your fellow classmates will be supporting and helping you. And at the end, you have a TEFL certificate which you can use to teach around the world!

My advice is simply to give it a try if you're considering it. You can use the TEFL certificate to teach for a year or you can make it a career. The great thing is that you will always have the ability to get jobs teaching English in the future. And having options isn't a bad thing to have. Plus, you get to stay in Prague during the course!

Enjoy it. It can be difficult and you need to stay focused on doing your work, but also take advantage of your time in Prague.
Catriona

TEFL Worldwide Prague Course

I completed the TEFL Worldwide Course in Prague in July 2013. It was a fantastic programme, the course structure and standard of teaching was great and I feel like I learnt so much in just 4 weeks. I enjoyed learning about the different aspects of teaching English and although there were assignments to complete, I felt that there was plenty of time to complete them and they helped grasp my understanding of what was learnt. The instructors were extremely friendly and always very helpful, and have continued to help me throughout my future career as an English teacher abroad. Prague is a beautiful city, so to get the chance to live in a place like this for a month whilst also completing a worthwhile TEFL program was the best of both worlds. I would therefore highly recommend the programme to anybody who is looking for an adventure and the chance to live abroad, as this is a great first step towards teaching English in a variety of countries.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking moment about the course is the day that you start practicing teaching in front of Czech adults. At first this may seem very daunting, however the adults who you are teaching are extremely friendly and patient, and you soon get used to it. The positive support you get from the instructors also helps you to feel more confident and they are very understanding that for a lot of people it is their first time teaching.
Veronika

Excellent TEFL Course

I completed the course in July 2017 and ever since then, I've been thankful that I did! The quality of the instruction and the detailed guidance and feedback that we got during the course made me develop substantially as a teacher and also made me fall in love with teaching.

It is an intense experience but you'll be thankful for every bit of it, since everything in the course serves to make you the best teacher you can be. The instructors are some of the best teachers I've ever had, and you get to meet a bunch of great people such as the rest of the staff and the fellow students.

Even a long time after graduation, they are helpful with answering any questions, helping with references, and job guidance. All in all, I would recommend this course to anyone!

Miro

Academically challenging program with focus on practical classroom experience

I've participated in this program in the summer of 2018. Approximately half of the students were from the US, and the remainder from EU (incl. the Czech Republic) and non-EU European countries and South America.

The program was academically challenging. There was a steep learning curve in grammatical concepts. The teaching practice started immediately and required understanding of the material and diligent lesson planning in order to be successful. I've learned a lot and came away with enough knowledge and skills to start teaching as well as lot of ideas on where I needed to improve and grow.

Highlights:
- Experienced and knowledgable instructors from varied backgrounds
- Strong focus on practical classroom teaching experience, with practice teaching 4 days/week, with students of 4 different skill levels
- Smaller program, with personal touch from instructors and staff
- A great choice for someone looking to teach in the Czech Republic
- lot of extras like young learners workshop, 1:1 needs assessment and instruction, practical advice on the business and logistics side of being a teacher

Debbie

TEFL Worldwide has it's program down to perfection

I found my month long course here very satisfying and rewarding.

Everything you learn during the course is super interesting and useful. The teaching staff is great! They're knowledgeable and always ready to help.
The fact that you get the chance to experience hands-on teaching to various levels is great preparation for the real world. You receive constructive feedback from the teaching staff and peers who are observing you.
After this course I can say that I feel ready to start teaching!

You also meet a bunch of great and interesting people, that will likely end up being friends for life.

The workload is high, but it's all really interesting and fun to do. You'll have various assignments like analysing the needs and level of a one-to-one student, preparing a one to one lesson and grammar presentations. You'll learn so much from these assignments!

They also provide good job guidance and helpful info on how to get a job.