Leading 4-week Accredited TEFL course in Prague! Teach English Worldwide!

Leading 4-week Accredited TEFL course in Prague! Teach English Worldwide!

Teach English Abroad! In just 4 weeks you can become TEFL certified and begin teaching English here in Prague or Anywhere!

TEFL Worldwide is an American owned leading TEFL course provider offering the Accredited 120 hour 4-week TEFL certificate course in the heart of Europe, Prague! The TEFL Worldwide course is highly rated and comes highly recommended by our graduates.

To date TEFL Worldwide has nearly 3,000 graduates who have gone on to teach in 60+ countries! We provide lifetime job assistance, Alumni events and support before, during and well after the course. We are always here for you! Our dedication to our graduates is what sets us apart from other schools.

Because of our reputation with language schools worldwide, our graduates are working 1-3 weeks after graduation, many times sooner! Language schools contact us regularly wanting to hire our graduates because of their solid training from TEFL Worldwide.

Courses offered monthly! Apply Now!

• Highly Rated Accredited and Externally Moderated Course
  • Lifetime Job Assistance
  • Support before, during and well after the course
  • Join Our Alumni Network with over 3,000 graduates in 60+ countries!
  • Top Quality Course combined with time for great times out in Prague with the TEFL Worldwide Community
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
TEFL
Hotel
Inclusions
Airport Transfers
Tuition Includes All This!

4-week Internationally Recognized TEFL Course
All Course Books and Materials
Lifetime Job Assistance Worldwide for graduates of the TEFL Worldwide course (We have over 2500 graduates who have worked in 60+ countries!)
Survival Czech Lessons
Transportation from the Airport/Bus/Train Station to your Accommodation
Prague Survival Guide
Orientation Tour
Champagne Celebration on the Last Day of the Course
Job Workshop
Map of Prague
Housing Guidance (for those staying in Prague)
Basic Visa Guidance for those staying in the Czech Republic.
Assistance with CV and Cover Letter Writing
Interviewing Advice
Access to Our Large Alumni Network. Get support and information from our past graduates worldwide.
Post Course Assistance. You can contact us anytime during or after the course for help.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Jenny
Canada

So grateful for the experience

I took this course in January/February and honestly had no idea what to expect before starting. All I knew was that I wanted to work and travel abroad and that teaching English seemed like a good way to achieve that end. Thus followed one of the most intense and busiest months of my life.

The coursework was challenging and being thrown into teaching your first lesson on your second day at school might make you feel like crying, but it should also make you want to grit your teeth and just do the best job you possibly can. From there, the instructors have a foundation to build from and a teacher trainer who can never be as scared of teaching again as they were on that first day. The actual Czech English students who attend TEFL Worldwide Prague are also a wonderful example of what teaching will actually be like. They have varying interests, ages, experiences, and motivations, and it is up to you as the teacher to 1) want to teach them, and 2) find away to use those experiences and interests as a way to motivate them into learning.

Though I had initially seen teaching as a means to an end before starting the course, through the steadfast support and encouragement of all the trainers there, I actually found myself loving the job. The lesson planning can be daunting at first, but two months later I am working nearly full time at a language school in Prague, working hard and using the skills TWW taught me every day.

Wesley
Prague, CZ
Angelo State University

This was a life changing event.

If you are interested in having an experience of a lifetime and getting a passport to world travel then you need to become TEFL certified and teach English worldwide. If you choose to live the life of an international teacher then you need to attend this course. The instruction and practical classroom experience make this the best school for TEFL certification. The professional staff and instructors want you to be successful and provide all the help you could ask for.

Tom
Prague

My Experience

My experience on this course has been nothing short of amazing. The staff is some of the most helpful around. Whenever I had any sort of question, they were there for me. I chose this school because of the reviews and my classmate recommended it to me. I can confirm the reviews and recommendation is legitimate. There's very few other schools of this caliber in Prague. I've been to the others and even took a Tefl course in one. They weren't nearly as good nor helpful.

You truly can't go wrong with choosing Tefl Worldwide.

Thank you again!

Be told prior to make sure I have enough material, such as binders, color pens and highlighters. They come in very handy!

Vanessa
Seoul, South Korea

Great program and great city to start with a TEFL

I decided to go to TEFL Worlwide Prague's program because I consistently saw great reviews for it. I was new to the idea of TEFL and I knew nothing about Prague and had never been to Europe. I thought it would be fun to live in a European city while I take my TEFL course. It was an intensive month of daily work, but it was well worth it. Brush up on your grammar and it'll make the process a bit easier. I was very happy with my housing. The teacher's helped me with any questions I had, and the communication via email prior to committing to the program was good as well. I became one of those people in the reviews who said that they didn't plan to stay in Prague, but they loved it so much that they did! I lived there for one year and it was an unforgettable experience! I also got my second job in Thailand by contacting a previous TEFL graduate, so things have worked out well for me. I'm very happy with my decision!

During the summer, it was definitely hot and I felt a bit cramped at times since the classroom was rather small to fit such a large group. I think my class was about 20-25. Putting a reasonable cap on attendants per month would be considerate given the physical space that is available.

Essie
United Kingdom
University of Derby

Hard work, but endlessly rewarding

You might read all of the reviews describing this course as intense and roll your eyes, thinking "yeah, right!", but it truly is. This is not a holiday - you will see approximately 0% of Prague most days as you tread wearily back to the Villa after classes, tired and grammared* to death. That said, it's also an incredibly rewarding experience that equips you well for the long journey ahead as a qualified teacher.

The four-week course covers various aspects of teaching theory and practice, with you thrown into a classroom on the second day with real-life students and nary else but your wits...there's an excellent support system provided by the trainers, though, and a library of resources to help you to plan and prepare. You'll prepare detailed lesson plans, assignments on grammar, language analysis, one-on-one tutoring and reflective learning. You'll pick up some survival Czech, get to grips with a young learners' lesson (What do we do? What do we do? What do we do in the moooooorrrrrnnnning?) and make friends for life. Afterwards, you might stay in Prague or you might go elsewhere. But whatever you choose, you'll feel ready and eager to teach. You can't learn everything there is to know in a month, and so in many ways this is only the beginning - but it's a great place to start. It's a challenging, frustrating, motivating course that will help to shape you into a worthy EFL teacher, I promise.

* please don't try to grammar the students to death, they're lovely.

As a previous reviewer said, the school is closed at weekends, so getting work printed on Monday mornings was stressful. I would also say a more in-depth look at business English and exam preparation classes would have been good, as there is only one session for each towards the end of the course, and I remember wishing for more insight into it.

UStoPrague
Prague, Czech Republic
Lewis & Clark College

Perfect jumpstart for teaching ESL

One of things I appreciated most about TEFL Worldwide was the amount of feedback I received from peers and instructors. The consistent encouragement and critiques helped me develop as a teacher, but also helped me realize that becoming a comfortable and confident teacher comes with time. No one is perfect after one month, but! through TEFL I learned essentials for teaching language skills, as well as the importance of building rapport with students and how to plan engaging lessons.

The website advertises visa help for teachers planning to stay in Prague, and they do, to some extent... I think future participants would benefit greatly from information regarding the process and required documents before arriving. That being said, I also wish I had the foresight to ask about these things before departing!

Katherine
Prague, Czech Republic
University of Colorado- Boulder

Great Course with Great Mentors

This course really throws you into teaching, while preparing you with everything you will need out in the real world. The teachers and mentors are there to talk to anytime and the staff is great with helping you out with anything you need. There are group teachings as well as a one-to-one teaching project to show your skills in analyzing a specific student. This course was a great experience and am glad I chose it!

More condensed lecture. Some things took longer than needed.

Roderick
Czech Republic, Prague

Stop/Drop/Go -

I had the opportunity to take part in the April 2014 course provided by this school. I consider those four weeks to be one of the best experiences of my life and they were key towards getting me on the path I wanted to continue on for the next chapter of my life. The people I met and the things I learned seriously changed me for the better and also left me feeling prepared to jump into the world of teaching.

Also, the course is in Prague.

Prague.

The course itself was intense. By this, I mean think of a particularly challenging course you took at one point in your life and then multiply it by 2 or 3. The entire thing is a crash course. You show up and are shortly after thrown into teaching with only a vague idea of what to do and learn the ropes as you go along. While this may sound scary, after experiencing it, I think it's actually a pretty effective method of teaching to teach.

For starters, you learn quickly what to do and what not to do, something that an online course can tell you, but not let you experience.

That being said, the roughest part is in the beginning. By the end of week two, things start to be a lot smoother as you have learned a fair bit and taught a fair bit as well. While still challenging, that feeling of panic when you get your lesson to teach is replaced with a feeling of determination.

Determination is probably the key word for the entire experience. TEFL Worldwide Prague is determined to have you succeed and works with you to accomplish that. In turn, their belief in your ability helps provide confidence for your own determination to succeed grow. At now point did I ever feel like I wanted to give up.

Not all of that is due to the staff at the school either. The classmates you end up with help make the experience unforgettable. I consider some of my TEFL mates some of my best friends and the connections you make are ones that span continents and your life.

If there is any hesitation in your heart about TEFL programs, I encourage you to stop dithering about, drop your misgivings, and just go for it!

The major thing I would change about this program is the fact that the school is not open on the weekends. This results in a mad scramble to get as much research done during the weekday. In the event you don't budget your time properly or something unexpected comes up, you could end up in trouble with your lesson.

Kate
Prague
University of Vermont

A Great, Intensive, Rewarding Program

TEFL Worldwide Prague is a fantastic program that I highly recommend.

The instructors are extremely experienced with knowledge that's helpful in planning lessons, classroom management, and language knowledge. They are on hand to help with anything you need during breaks. This goes for the office staff, too! The administrators are familiar with jobs, housing and visa processes and are always willing to help with any of these things. The assistants are great because they speak Czech and they will help you with any day-to-day problem that you need the language for - a classmate of mine was having a medical issue and Ivana got on the phone with the hospital to help her navigate the medical system.

There is a library full of materials at your disposal, which you can use whenever you like. There's a copy machine and printers, too. (And a coffee/drinks machine, which is always helpful!)

The course is structured well, in a way that, while you start teaching your first week there, is supportive and helpful. Students are placed into teaching groups of three that support and review each other, which is helpful and essential. Lesson planning assistance is also available every day.

Guidance for jobs and settling in was really fantastic. To me, this is the most important thing, and TEFL nailed it. They start the process before you even arrive, sending links to job search sites. They have a Google Drive full of job offers, sent by schools in the area and also by alumni all over the world (This Drive stays available to you even after you've left the program). The administrators are available for CV and cover letter advice (examples of which are also in the Drive), and at the end of the course they hold a jobs fair for companies in Prague. One of the instructors has Facebook page where he posts jobs and things of interest to alumni.

They can also advice you on the visa process, or refer you to a firm that will take care of it all for you. And they also know where to look for housing. They make relocating to Prague as easy as it possible could be.

The other stuff: the company provides housing for the month just nearby, and they are located on the metro (yellow line), which makes it convenient to get to anywhere in the city. They provide an orienting tour of the city during the first weekend and are very knowledgeable about resources in Prague.

The bottom line: This is an incredibly intensive program, requiring two lessons a week, with plans to be turned in, and sometimes with long hours, but by the end of it, I felt well prepared and qualified to be a teacher. I absolutely think that doing this program was one of the best choices I could have made.

Perhaps it could be closer to the center of town, and there could be more lesson-planning assistance time.

jamienoel27
Washington, D.C.
Saint Olaf College

This program is a life changer!

If you're apprehensive about giving this a shot, I'm here to tell you to DO IT. This course is both challenging and fulfilling. You'll learn valuable skills, make fantastic friends, and have the adventure of a lifetime. Prague is amazing. This school is reputable and delivers on what it promises. I attended two years ago and I still think about the opportunities it opened up for me nearly every day. I have no regrets. You'll love it too.

It would be nice if somebody would flatten the hill that leads up to the villa flats! :)

TexasTango
none.

Life in Prague

I was so nervous about starting the program. Worried about making friends, not passing, and being in a country that i knew nothing about. That all changed the first day of TWW. It seemed i wasn't the only one with those fears. I met some amazing people on my class, we were known as the party class, so if that tells you anything, it means you will have a really good time with the program.

The teachers are really funny and can relate to you about all your Czech problems. You will have amazing support.
Do take the program serious but have fun also. Go out and party one night or every night. Just live it up and make sure your lesson plans are done on time! In Prague you will be surrounded by beer so be prepared to drink it! As beer is definitely cheaper than water! Don't drink while you are in class of course.

You will be taught some basic Czech in the program and i recommend learning some before you come. Also if you love cheese, bring your own. I know someone who brought a ton of Velveeta( even though its not real cheese)....do what you gotta do to have a little piece of home with u.

The program is great! Its hard but the drinking in Prague makes it worth it. oh and if you aren't into drinking or partying, there are plenty of other things you can do, like join a theater company or go to the many museums or cafes.
Enjoy, it will be the best decision of you life!

Warn teachers about certain schools that are not good to work for. Aka James Cook.

EastCoasttennis
not there.
Mount Aloysius College

If you love beer...

Great teachers! They made learning fun even grammar. You don't have to know a thing about grammar before you arrive, they teach you and with all the practice you learn very fast.

The location of the program is a bit far from where all the action is. Don't get discouraged by the location though, its all part of living a Real Czech experience!

Really explain the visa process in detail at the end of program or hire someone specifically to assist in getting visas or Zivnos. As that is the # 1 stress of living in the Czech Rep. and why many people leave.

victoria
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Strayer University

TEFL WORLDWIDE GAVE ME MY CAREER!

I found TEFL WORLDWIDE after a bad experience with another local school. It was horrible! Not as advertised, but I was going to finish even if it killed me! Well, I broke my foot, and so it was finished as I had time to sit and think about my bad experience, and then? Not being a quitter, I started contacting local schools and found Cheryl at TEFL WORLDWIDE! She was amazing! She rescued me in a way my own school hadn't even though they had my money! I signed up for the school, and it was awesome! Just a like a school! Wooowww... great supportive staff! Great safe & nice housing... wonderful classes taught by EXPERIENCED ESL Instructors--not---youngsters just out of the gate by a year--who are claiming teaching experience! Nooo....real live instructors who've done it! The challenges were school based in that you had to work for your grade! But, you walked out with a real education and a school that follows you for life, and is there for you allll around the world! They keep in touch! They refer jobs to you! They are small, connected and caring! I would recommend them to anyyonneee... Got a question? Email me at: [email protected] -- Oh, and this is unpaid, unsolicited! I do this because they were there for me when it was really awfulll and I was disapointed!

Thanks TEFL WORLDWIDE for giving me the career I know today!

Victoria Baardsen, ESL Instructor

Nothing!

Taidontwanna
New York

Great TEFL course!

It's an amazing course. It will be challenging, but worth it, and you will be so much more prepared to teach than you would with an online TEFL in hand. You will get a crash course in presentation, grammar, and even pick up some Czech.

Most classes who go through the program bond tightly, and there's plenty to do in and around Prague. Minus a little bit of homework, you will have the weekends free to explore.

The staff and teachers are incredibly helpful, whether explaining concepts or helping you with jobs. They won't hand you a job, but they'll help you prepare all of the tools you need to get one, and are particularly helpful if you want to stay on to teach in Prague.

The only way you will do poorly is if you come in with a bad attitude, and want to coast. There is a lot of work involved. If you know that, and come to learn, you will have an amazing time, and will be totally prepared to start your TEFL career.