Leading 4-week Accredited TEFL course in Prague! Teach English Worldwide!

Teach English Abroad! In just 4 weeks you can become TEFL certified and begin teaching English here in Prague or Anywhere!

TEFL Worldwide is an American owned leading TEFL course provider offering the Accredited 120 hour 4-week TEFL certificate course in the heart of Europe, Prague! The TEFL Worldwide course is highly rated and comes highly recommended by our graduates.

To date TEFL Worldwide has nearly 3,000 graduates who have gone on to teach in 60+ countries! We provide lifetime job assistance, Alumni events and support before, during and well after the course. We are always here for you! Our dedication to our graduates is what sets us apart from other schools.

Because of our reputation with language schools worldwide, our graduates are working 1-3 weeks after graduation, many times sooner! Language schools contact us regularly wanting to hire our graduates because of their solid training from TEFL Worldwide.

Courses offered monthly! Apply Now!

• Highly Rated Accredited and Externally Moderated Course
  • Lifetime Job Assistance
  • Support before, during and well after the course
  • Join Our Alumni Network with over 3,000 graduates in 60+ countries!
  • Top Quality Course combined with time for great times out in Prague with the TEFL Worldwide Community

• Benefits 9.1
  • Facilities 8.5
  • Instruction 10
  • Difficulty 8.7
  • Job Assistance 9.7
Ashley

It will change your life

I came to Prague, hoping to start afresh and TEFL worldwide made that possible. The course is everything you need to kickstart a new career as an educator. Kenny and Adrienne are fantastic teacher trainers,they made the challenging classes fun and you really do learn alot. I’ve been working in Prague as an English teacher for close to 2 years now and i absolutely love it.I would recommend TEFL worldwide to anyone

Chelsea

To say that TEFL Worldwide Prague helped me change my life is an understatement. TEFL WW gives you all the resources you need to make your move abroad and make money while doing it. It's a tough course, but what else would you expect when you are learning how to teach English as a second language in four weeks? The instructors are out of this world. I am so grateful I stumbled upon them on google and decided to give the entire idea a chance.

Liza

It may seem a bit excessive to give 10 out of 10 ratings for each category but honestly, I can find no fault with this TEFL Worldwide Prague.

I won't lie, the four week course was harder and more intense than anything I've ever done, even college and uni; it pushed me to my limits both academically and emotionally and took me right outside my comfort zone. That being said (cliche alert) it was also the most rewarding and satisfying thing I've ever done. I actually really enjoyed the challenge and thrived underneath the pressure. If you are someone who likes to be pushed to perform to the best, and beyond, their abilities, then this course is perfect for you.

The staff are wonderful. Two years later, I am still in contact with the TEFL staff asking for advice and references and they are always more than willing to help and even just have a chat. If you want to work and travel, this course will allow you to get a job anywhere.

DO IT!

The only, and very minor thing, is that I would have liked more info on working with young learners. There is a four hour course on offer at the weekends. However, with the amount of work we do, I can understand why the staff have chosen to weight the course how they have.
Sophia

Study to become a English language teacher in a beautiful city and then travel the world!

I first came across TEFL Worldwide at my university's Career Service office in Scotland, when I was unsure what I wanted to do after university. After working for a year in the corporate world, I decided to relook into the option of traveling and working abroad, and once again came across TEFL Worldwide in Prague! Reading great reviews online and with successful and helpful communication from the organisers themselves (I went to view the school before deciding to apply), I decided to give it a go! As a local student to the programme, I had a slightly different experience to the other students as I was not staying in the provided accommodation, however everyone was very welcoming and I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything!

The course was very intense but not unachievable, so long as you put the hard work in! You also do get time during the weekends (or if you're organised with your work, during the week too!) to get to go explore Prague. All the staff- the trainers, the organisers, and the secretaries- are all lovely, professional, and approachable, ready to answer any questions!

Before applying to the course I had looked into other schools and even considered completing the a TEFL course online. I am so happy with my decision to go with TEFL Worldwide Prague, as I feel that it prepared me very well for becoming an ESL teacher, through experience of teaching actual students that was part of the course, to successful lesson planning, and how to effectively job search after the course. And I feel like I met many like-minded people on the course and made friends for life! I cannot thank the TEFL Worldwide Prague team more!

Amberstar

Amazing Experience

I wanted to find a job overseas and did a lot of research on where I could go. I noticed teaching English was an option I could do, but I needed TEFL experience. TEFL Worldwide Prague sounded like a school I could trust.
TEFL Worldwide Prague gave me support before I even got to the Czech Republic. The school helped me through the course and even gives me any support I need now. The teachers Adrienne and Kenny were amazing and knowledgeable. They gave me the tools I needed to have confidence in myself to teach.
I cannot thank TEFL Worldwide Prague enough for the help and experience they have given me. My life will never be the same again. This four weeks course was an amazing experience.

Nicholas Ryan

It's been 2 and a half years in Prague and counting!

The program was completely helpful in moving abroad and starting a new life from start to finish. They were quick in answering my questions online before I moved and provided us all with a very thorough survival guide through which we became aware of the cost of living in Prague among other things. Once we started the course itself, I myself was completely blown away with this new method of teaching. The teacher trainees were absolutely knowledgeable in the field and have a combination of over 40 years of teaching experience. Be prepared to start teaching a class almost immediately, because that will happen! Every week you'll teach at least two, 1-hour classes. Don't be afraid. The trainees are there to help you and they don't want to see you fail. Don't party too hard during the course (Save that for before or after) because you simply won't have time. The course requires a lot of time and dedication. Brush up on grammar and you'll do fine. If you don't want to fail, then you won't. All 30 of us passed the course in August 2015 with varying degrees of success but we passed nonetheless. The course holds a job fair and a session for visa assistance, so you know they will always have your back. The TEFL alumni do meet-ups once or twice a month and you'll make friends that'll last a lifetime. What are you waiting for?

More Czech lessons. Three Czech lessons are provided, but some more would be nice.
Betsy

Live your best life

I decided to take my TEFL course in Prague because it is in the center of Europe and I wanted to be able to travel freely. I chose this TEFL course over others in the area because of their excellent reviews, accreditation, job support, and housing during the course. I am so happy I chose TEFL worldwide, I have friends who went to other schools who were very unsatisfied and feel like they were just shoved through a system. TEFL worldwide Prague’s staff was from the very beginning helpful in answering any and all questions I had. Now that I am teaching they have helped with multiple job postings, still answering my questions, and meet ups to help fellow graduates meet each other. The course was difficult, it is an intensive 4 week course. However, it is worth all the hard work, I felt completely prepared to teach when I left. I would reccomend this course to anyone who wants to start a new adventure, to anyone who is even a little bit interested in teaching English as a foreign language, and to anyone who wants to see the world.

N/A
Jenny

So grateful for the experience

I took this course in January/February and honestly had no idea what to expect before starting. All I knew was that I wanted to work and travel abroad and that teaching English seemed like a good way to achieve that end. Thus followed one of the most intense and busiest months of my life.

The coursework was challenging and being thrown into teaching your first lesson on your second day at school might make you feel like crying, but it should also make you want to grit your teeth and just do the best job you possibly can. From there, the instructors have a foundation to build from and a teacher trainer who can never be as scared of teaching again as they were on that first day. The actual Czech English students who attend TEFL Worldwide Prague are also a wonderful example of what teaching will actually be like. They have varying interests, ages, experiences, and motivations, and it is up to you as the teacher to 1) want to teach them, and 2) find away to use those experiences and interests as a way to motivate them into learning.

Though I had initially seen teaching as a means to an end before starting the course, through the steadfast support and encouragement of all the trainers there, I actually found myself loving the job. The lesson planning can be daunting at first, but two months later I am working nearly full time at a language school in Prague, working hard and using the skills TWW taught me every day.

Wesley

This was a life changing event.

If you are interested in having an experience of a lifetime and getting a passport to world travel then you need to become TEFL certified and teach English worldwide. If you choose to live the life of an international teacher then you need to attend this course. The instruction and practical classroom experience make this the best school for TEFL certification. The professional staff and instructors want you to be successful and provide all the help you could ask for.

Tom

My Experience

My experience on this course has been nothing short of amazing. The staff is some of the most helpful around. Whenever I had any sort of question, they were there for me. I chose this school because of the reviews and my classmate recommended it to me. I can confirm the reviews and recommendation is legitimate. There's very few other schools of this caliber in Prague. I've been to the others and even took a Tefl course in one. They weren't nearly as good nor helpful.

You truly can't go wrong with choosing Tefl Worldwide.

Thank you again!

Be told prior to make sure I have enough material, such as binders, color pens and highlighters. They come in very handy!
Vanessa

Great program and great city to start with a TEFL

I decided to go to TEFL Worlwide Prague's program because I consistently saw great reviews for it. I was new to the idea of TEFL and I knew nothing about Prague and had never been to Europe. I thought it would be fun to live in a European city while I take my TEFL course. It was an intensive month of daily work, but it was well worth it. Brush up on your grammar and it'll make the process a bit easier. I was very happy with my housing. The teacher's helped me with any questions I had, and the communication via email prior to committing to the program was good as well. I became one of those people in the reviews who said that they didn't plan to stay in Prague, but they loved it so much that they did! I lived there for one year and it was an unforgettable experience! I also got my second job in Thailand by contacting a previous TEFL graduate, so things have worked out well for me. I'm very happy with my decision!

During the summer, it was definitely hot and I felt a bit cramped at times since the classroom was rather small to fit such a large group. I think my class was about 20-25. Putting a reasonable cap on attendants per month would be considerate given the physical space that is available.
Essie

Hard work, but endlessly rewarding

You might read all of the reviews describing this course as intense and roll your eyes, thinking "yeah, right!", but it truly is. This is not a holiday - you will see approximately 0% of Prague most days as you tread wearily back to the Villa after classes, tired and grammared* to death. That said, it's also an incredibly rewarding experience that equips you well for the long journey ahead as a qualified teacher.

The four-week course covers various aspects of teaching theory and practice, with you thrown into a classroom on the second day with real-life students and nary else but your wits...there's an excellent support system provided by the trainers, though, and a library of resources to help you to plan and prepare. You'll prepare detailed lesson plans, assignments on grammar, language analysis, one-on-one tutoring and reflective learning. You'll pick up some survival Czech, get to grips with a young learners' lesson (What do we do? What do we do? What do we do in the moooooorrrrrnnnning?) and make friends for life. Afterwards, you might stay in Prague or you might go elsewhere. But whatever you choose, you'll feel ready and eager to teach. You can't learn everything there is to know in a month, and so in many ways this is only the beginning - but it's a great place to start. It's a challenging, frustrating, motivating course that will help to shape you into a worthy EFL teacher, I promise.

* please don't try to grammar the students to death, they're lovely.

As a previous reviewer said, the school is closed at weekends, so getting work printed on Monday mornings was stressful. I would also say a more in-depth look at business English and exam preparation classes would have been good, as there is only one session for each towards the end of the course, and I remember wishing for more insight into it.
UStoPrague

Perfect jumpstart for teaching ESL

One of things I appreciated most about TEFL Worldwide was the amount of feedback I received from peers and instructors. The consistent encouragement and critiques helped me develop as a teacher, but also helped me realize that becoming a comfortable and confident teacher comes with time. No one is perfect after one month, but! through TEFL I learned essentials for teaching language skills, as well as the importance of building rapport with students and how to plan engaging lessons.

The website advertises visa help for teachers planning to stay in Prague, and they do, to some extent... I think future participants would benefit greatly from information regarding the process and required documents before arriving. That being said, I also wish I had the foresight to ask about these things before departing!
Katherine

Great Course with Great Mentors

This course really throws you into teaching, while preparing you with everything you will need out in the real world. The teachers and mentors are there to talk to anytime and the staff is great with helping you out with anything you need. There are group teachings as well as a one-to-one teaching project to show your skills in analyzing a specific student. This course was a great experience and am glad I chose it!

More condensed lecture. Some things took longer than needed.
Roderick

Stop/Drop/Go -

I had the opportunity to take part in the April 2014 course provided by this school. I consider those four weeks to be one of the best experiences of my life and they were key towards getting me on the path I wanted to continue on for the next chapter of my life. The people I met and the things I learned seriously changed me for the better and also left me feeling prepared to jump into the world of teaching.

Also, the course is in Prague.

Prague.

The course itself was intense. By this, I mean think of a particularly challenging course you took at one point in your life and then multiply it by 2 or 3. The entire thing is a crash course. You show up and are shortly after thrown into teaching with only a vague idea of what to do and learn the ropes as you go along. While this may sound scary, after experiencing it, I think it's actually a pretty effective method of teaching to teach.

For starters, you learn quickly what to do and what not to do, something that an online course can tell you, but not let you experience.

That being said, the roughest part is in the beginning. By the end of week two, things start to be a lot smoother as you have learned a fair bit and taught a fair bit as well. While still challenging, that feeling of panic when you get your lesson to teach is replaced with a feeling of determination.

Determination is probably the key word for the entire experience. TEFL Worldwide Prague is determined to have you succeed and works with you to accomplish that. In turn, their belief in your ability helps provide confidence for your own determination to succeed grow. At now point did I ever feel like I wanted to give up.

Not all of that is due to the staff at the school either. The classmates you end up with help make the experience unforgettable. I consider some of my TEFL mates some of my best friends and the connections you make are ones that span continents and your life.

If there is any hesitation in your heart about TEFL programs, I encourage you to stop dithering about, drop your misgivings, and just go for it!

The major thing I would change about this program is the fact that the school is not open on the weekends. This results in a mad scramble to get as much research done during the weekday. In the event you don't budget your time properly or something unexpected comes up, you could end up in trouble with your lesson.

About TEFL Worldwide Prague