• Czech Republic

Online TESOL TEFL TESOL
Weekly Classroom Hours
Apartment Hotel

Pricing

Book your course within 14 days of sending in your application and receive a $125 discount on any course of your choosing. Our flexible deposit allows you to change your course date if needed.
What's Included
Activities Airport Transfers Transportation Visa Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

Inclusion in our vibrant graduate community
A supportive staff of over 14 people
Lifetime job assistance
Parties/social events
Housing assistance
All course materials and textbooks
Airport car service
6 hrs of Czech lessons
Graduation gifts
And much more

What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare Meals Travel Insurance
What's Not Included (Extra)

Housing and visa services are extra

Aug 27, 2022
Oct 27, 2021
48 travelers are looking at this program

The Language House TEFL comes highly recommended by graduates of their program and is the largest and most popular TEFL course in Prague. What separates The Language House TEFL from the majority of other 4-week TEFL/CELTA/Trinity courses worldwide is their focus on extra teaching practice and their stellar postgraduate community and services in Prague and abroad. TLH is not just a teacher training course, but a vibrant community of staff and graduates that help and support each other. Also, graduating from this program basically guarantees you a job in a top language school in the region.
Aside from expert teacher training, TLH assists with every single aspect of moving abroad (visas, housing, bank accounts...). This attention to their students is what makes them so popular.
The course is rewarding and fun, but be prepared for a rigorous educational experience. In four weeks, they will turn you into a confident teacher and help you find a teaching job anywhere in the world!

Program Highlights

• The most popular TEFL certification course in Prague
  • 30% more hands-on teaching practice than most courses worldwide
  • Our vibrant graduate community means that you will make dozens of friends during your course and while living in Prague
  • Amazing location in the historic center of Prague.
  • Lifetime job assistance with contacts worldwide (many graduates find jobs before the course ends

Popular Programs

Join our course

The Language House TEFL offers a wonderful Job and Guidance Package for teachers who are already TEFL certified and want to move to Prague. Moving to Prague and setting up a shop is hard on your own. This program helps with everything from your temporary housing and job search to the visa and making friends. Most importantly, participants get to sit in on two weeks of The Language House TEFL's course to brush up on their teaching skills. Highly recommended!

Blended TEFL courses in Prague

The Language House TEFL has teamed up with International TEFL Academy to offer a one-of-a-kind blended TEFL course. Sign up for International TEFL Academy's 11-week online course via The Language House TEFL and get the ability to do your teaching practicum with us in Prague. Get the benefits of having the leading providers in online and onsite training in the same course. This is a perfect option for those who want to get most of their training completed in advance.

Language House YLT Course

We offer a great YLT (Young Learners and Teens) certificate for those interested in teaching kids. There are so many jobs these days geared towards teaching children. This 12-hour course will give you specific training in the field of young learners, making you more employable for preschool teaching positions. The YLT course takes place on two Saturdays during our regular course. It is open to all Language House TEFL students and those who already have a TEFL certificate.

• 5 rating 95.83%
  • Academic Rigor 4.3
  • Job Assistance 4.75
Matthew

Couldn’t be happier!

I am a recent graduate of the Language House and I could not be happier with my experience. The pre-course guidance made me feel confident and comfortable making such a drastic life-change. The course has an incredible staff who are all extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. The course is quite intense, but it has throughly prepared me for anything that I might encounter in the workplace. The post-course job guidance is also incredibly helpful. There are multiple posts daily about job openings with honest reviews. The majority of my class found jobs within 1-2 weeks. And lastly, the community that the Language House has built is incredible. Moving across the world can get lonely, but it’s comforting to know that I’ll always have the Language House community there for me. If you’re on the fence, just take the leap! The Language House will catch you with open and loving arms.

Come with an open mind and loving heart! The course is at its best when every student is supportive of each other. My entire class still regularly hangs out every weekend and we wouldn’t change a thing.
Peter

An Amazing Course for Anyone Wanting to be Certified, but especially if you want to live in Prague

TLH has a real passion for making sure people who want to teach English to non native speakers understand the basics both in theory and practice of creating lessons and teaching in a way that engages students and empowers them to learn. I found the staff to be authentic, professional, helpful, and passionate about making good teachers. I always felt like they had the best interests of both those they were training and the students we would eventually be working with in mind. The 6 lessons we each presented to actual non native learners were the hardest and best part of the course. We were put in groups of 3 so that we also saw 2 other new teachers present their lessons and get feedback from staff, so it was triple learning every day we taught.

The learning process and the move to Prague was definitely enhanced by the fact that the students spent time together outside of class and were supportive of each others learning. There was fun stuff to do for those wanting to go out and there has been alot of supportand advice from both the staff and fellow students. It was a professional and friendly environment and I made some good friends as well. Take advantage of the fact that it is a locally oriented program. If you want to experience Prague for a month and then move on to other places to teach, this program is good for that too, and you will have more free time than those trying to find jobs/etc to experience all that Prague has to offer. Lovely City. Great Program.
Brendon

Great support for alumni

I am writing this review because I want everyone to know how great this school is to their alumni. This school takes care of you far after the time you leave their program. I graduated in 2016, but needed some additional help because my Chinese employer required extra certification on my TEFL certificate that I earned at The Language House. The Language House director personally assisted me in getting this authentication from the Chinese embassy, even though it is a rather time consuming process. When this school advertises that they will assist you after you graduate, they certainly aren't lying.

I can't speak highly enough about the quality of education you will receive at this school. This is not an easy program, but if you are serious about teaching, you don't want an easy TEFL program. Because this school gives you so many opportunities to teach with great feedback, you will graduate with the tools, knowledge and confidence to be a successful English teacher.

I have done some English teaching in the Middle East, where I worked with many English teacher volunteers who either don't have a TEFL or got their TEFL online. It is amazing to see what a difference one month at The Language House made in my teaching abilities, and how much better my classes were because of my time in this program.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
In this program, you start teaching on the second week. It was very nerve-racking to get up and teach my first few lessons, but the more you do, the easier it gets. After finishing the program, I could comfortably teach a class even with very little time to prepare a lesson plan.
Alevtina

TLH is for life!

I completed my training at The Language House in September 2018 and I can't thank the school enough for the knowledge and experience they've shared with me.

The thing that I've appreciated the most is how serious the school is about their alums and professionalism. Being a non-native speaker (I am Russian), I was half expecting discrimination and a difficult journey on my path, what with being surrounded by native speakers, complicated visa process, and political tension. Guess what, it doesn't matter where you come from, as long as you prove your level of English, you pay attention during classes, and you implement given knowledge - you'll be just fine! The school has such a great reputation that your origin doesn't matter - as long as you have the TLH TEFL certificate, the employees know - you're a well-trained professional.

From day 1 not a minute has been waisted: even if you're listening to a class, you're involved in it, practicing every point of the lecture. Not only do the staff give you useful knowledge, tips and offer their advice, they also give you a very detailed feedback on everything you do, be that homework assignments, lesson-planning assistance, or your proper lesson feedback. That is not everything, though! Starting from the orientation activities, you are introduced to a bunch of new people that in the matter of days become your closest friends, colleagues and support system. You don't have to struggle alone because they are in the same boat!

I strongly recommend The Language House TEFL. Great stuff, wonderful experience, appreciative students, and magical Prague. (and beer, lots of beer.)

I would probably recommend improving the wifi connection (and I've been told it's already in progress) and probably have instructions on how to use the printer directly with a flash drive.
Shaun

The Language House Kicks Zadek

I came to Prague without any solid idea about how I planned to earn a living. White collar Ponzi Schemes or Bank robbery seemed like the best options until I came across The Language House... which just seemed like less of a hassle. In the end, I signed up and I'm glad I did because if I hadn't, I'd probably be in prison and wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet all of the great instructors and, even moreso, my fellow students... many of whom are still here with me in Prague!

The course was hard - for me, really hard - but totally worth it, and the instructors make it fun and give great pointers on what life may involve after you graduate. In addition to that, their knowledge extends beyond just classroom or job stuff because they've all lived here long enough to know about things like the little cultural quirks and where to find that stuff from home that you just, like, really need...

Shout out to Andrea for being cool, funny, and a great instructor and to Foxwell for being a tough teacher, but a really good one.

Whatever they taught me must've worked because I got a full-time job the weekend after I graduated... and thankfully never had to pursue a life of crime.

Can't think of anything.
Josh

The Best introduction to Prague for aspiring expats

I took the language House program back in 2012, and i’m Glad to see the program continuing to be successful in Prague. The Language House will prepare you for all the challenges of living overseas, while giving you the job skills and introducing you to awesome new friends. I can’t highly recommend The Language House enough. The Staff at TLH are very knowledgeable and patient, and they’ll do everything they can to set you up for an awesome experience living in the Golden City.

Michael

Transformative

I left college not knowing who I wanted to be, or what I wanted to do. I took the course on a whim; I still carry the teachings today, 7 years on. Chris and his staff is extremely helpful; they provide ongoing cultural and professional insight, long after the course is over. His only requirement; be eager to learn, and motivated to succeed. TLH will help with the rest. He has made his company a family, and an integral part of the English speaking community. I unreservedly recommend the Language House.

Katie

Fun and social program

I had such a good time doing the TEFL program through The Language House, and I cannot recommend it enough. I was a bit nervous beforehand because a lot of reviews said the month was really intense and hard, but I found it to be really fun and enjoyable. You're definitely very busy throughout the month, but nothing is too difficult or overwhelming. I graduated knowing so much about teaching and feeling confident to jump into a job. The staff at TLH is great, and they stress to you over and over that they're there for anything you need even after course is over. I believe they actually mean that too. I would have no problem contacting anyone from the staff for any problem I might encounter while in Prague. The best part about the course, however, is definitely the friends you make. While not all of us stayed in Prague, all of those who did are so close and still hang out on a regular basis. Move to Prague and take a course through TLH; I promise you won't regret it!!