Award Winning TEFL - TESOL Certification In Prague

The Language House TEFL comes highly recommended by graduates of their program and is the largest and most popular TEFL course in Prague. What separates The Language House TEFL from the majority of other 4-week TEFL/CELTA/Trinity courses worldwide is their focus on extra teaching practice and their stellar postgraduate community and services in Prague and abroad. The Language House TEFL is not just a teacher training course, but a vibrant community of staff and graduates of the course that help and support each other. It is this extra facet that makes The Language House TEFL so special.

This TEFL community is not limited to Prague but spans worldwide. It is said that wherever you are in the world, there's probably a helpful Language House TEFL graduate close by. The course is challenging, fun and rewarding. In four weeks, they will turn you into a confident teacher and help you find a teaching job anywhere in the world!

• The most popular certification course in Prague
  • 50% more hands-on teaching practice than most courses worldwide
  • Vibrant Language House TEFL graduate community
  • Free online grammar video course - Extremely helpful for new teachers
  • Lifetime job assistance with contacts worldwide

Hello! Yes, it is possible :) While it maybe slightly more difficult to find a job, there are definitely opportunities for you! The Language House is great about connecting their students with jobs around Prague.

I have been able to live comfortably and travel with my income.

Unfortunately, TEFL certification is not particularly useful in the States. Most schools and companies here don't seem to understand what it is. ESL companies here tend to look for DELTA certification or a teaching license with ESL credential for their teaching staff. However, skills that you acquire during this program (and teaching abroad) are very helpful in persuing teaching at home.

found it very easy to get a job in Prague after the TEFL at the Language House. I had three interviews the first week after the course and I got all three jobs. Most of my friends had a similar experience. Prague has so many language schools and they are usually hiring. This was in mid April. An even better time to look for jobs is in late August/early September, or in January when the terms start...

• 9-10 rating 95.71%
  • Academic Rigor 8.2
  • Job Assistance 9.3
Brendon

Great support for alumni

I am writing this review because I want everyone to know how great this school is to their alumni. This school takes care of you far after the time you leave their program. I graduated in 2016, but needed some additional help because my Chinese employer required extra certification on my TEFL certificate that I earned at The Language House. The Language House director personally assisted me in getting this authentication from the Chinese embassy, even though it is a rather time consuming process. When this school advertises that they will assist you after you graduate, they certainly aren't lying.

I can't speak highly enough about the quality of education you will receive at this school. This is not an easy program, but if you are serious about teaching, you don't want an easy TEFL program. Because this school gives you so many opportunities to teach with great feedback, you will graduate with the tools, knowledge and confidence to be a successful English teacher.

I have done some English teaching in the Middle East, where I worked with many English teacher volunteers who either don't have a TEFL or got their TEFL online. It is amazing to see what a difference one month at The Language House made in my teaching abilities, and how much better my classes were because of my time in this program.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
In this program, you start teaching on the second week. It was very nerve-racking to get up and teach my first few lessons, but the more you do, the easier it gets. After finishing the program, I could comfortably teach a class even with very little time to prepare a lesson plan.
Alevtina

TLH is for life!

I completed my training at The Language House in September 2018 and I can't thank the school enough for the knowledge and experience they've shared with me.

The thing that I've appreciated the most is how serious the school is about their alums and professionalism. Being a non-native speaker (I am Russian), I was half expecting discrimination and a difficult journey on my path, what with being surrounded by native speakers, complicated visa process, and political tension. Guess what, it doesn't matter where you come from, as long as you prove your level of English, you pay attention during classes, and you implement given knowledge - you'll be just fine! The school has such a great reputation that your origin doesn't matter - as long as you have the TLH TEFL certificate, the employees know - you're a well-trained professional.

From day 1 not a minute has been waisted: even if you're listening to a class, you're involved in it, practicing every point of the lecture. Not only do the staff give you useful knowledge, tips and offer their advice, they also give you a very detailed feedback on everything you do, be that homework assignments, lesson-planning assistance, or your proper lesson feedback. That is not everything, though! Starting from the orientation activities, you are introduced to a bunch of new people that in the matter of days become your closest friends, colleagues and support system. You don't have to struggle alone because they are in the same boat!

I strongly recommend The Language House TEFL. Great stuff, wonderful experience, appreciative students, and magical Prague. (and beer, lots of beer.)

I would probably recommend improving the wifi connection (and I've been told it's already in progress) and probably have instructions on how to use the printer directly with a flash drive.
Shaun

The Language House Kicks Zadek

I came to Prague without any solid idea about how I planned to earn a living. White collar Ponzi Schemes or Bank robbery seemed like the best options until I came across The Language House... which just seemed like less of a hassle. In the end, I signed up and I'm glad I did because if I hadn't, I'd probably be in prison and wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet all of the great instructors and, even moreso, my fellow students... many of whom are still here with me in Prague!

The course was hard - for me, really hard - but totally worth it, and the instructors make it fun and give great pointers on what life may involve after you graduate. In addition to that, their knowledge extends beyond just classroom or job stuff because they've all lived here long enough to know about things like the little cultural quirks and where to find that stuff from home that you just, like, really need...

Shout out to Andrea for being cool, funny, and a great instructor and to Foxwell for being a tough teacher, but a really good one.

Whatever they taught me must've worked because I got a full-time job the weekend after I graduated... and thankfully never had to pursue a life of crime.

Can't think of anything.
Josh

The Best introduction to Prague for aspiring expats

I took the language House program back in 2012, and i’m Glad to see the program continuing to be successful in Prague. The Language House will prepare you for all the challenges of living overseas, while giving you the job skills and introducing you to awesome new friends. I can’t highly recommend The Language House enough. The Staff at TLH are very knowledgeable and patient, and they’ll do everything they can to set you up for an awesome experience living in the Golden City.

Michael

Transformative

I left college not knowing who I wanted to be, or what I wanted to do. I took the course on a whim; I still carry the teachings today, 7 years on. Chris and his staff is extremely helpful; they provide ongoing cultural and professional insight, long after the course is over. His only requirement; be eager to learn, and motivated to succeed. TLH will help with the rest. He has made his company a family, and an integral part of the English speaking community. I unreservedly recommend the Language House.

Katie

Fun and social program

I had such a good time doing the TEFL program through The Language House, and I cannot recommend it enough. I was a bit nervous beforehand because a lot of reviews said the month was really intense and hard, but I found it to be really fun and enjoyable. You're definitely very busy throughout the month, but nothing is too difficult or overwhelming. I graduated knowing so much about teaching and feeling confident to jump into a job. The staff at TLH is great, and they stress to you over and over that they're there for anything you need even after course is over. I believe they actually mean that too. I would have no problem contacting anyone from the staff for any problem I might encounter while in Prague. The best part about the course, however, is definitely the friends you make. While not all of us stayed in Prague, all of those who did are so close and still hang out on a regular basis. Move to Prague and take a course through TLH; I promise you won't regret it!!

Sara

The Language House Is Pretty Good

I found TLH on Google during extensive TEFL research. I decided on them because of their price, teaching time, school location, and the availability to get certified for children and adults. They did a great job of introducing us to the city with tours, pub crawls, weekend trips and an orientation weekend. All were much needed/wanted for my trip. They also offer visa help which for many people is invaluable. TLH has a large online community where alums can trade job openings, get togethers, and apartment rentals. They offer private and shared apartments and organize the check in. For me that was bumpy. The airport lost my luggage but the owner of TLH helped me sort it out and luckily I got my bag within 4 days. The apartment/flat I was in was okay. Not amazing and not super terrible either. Half the lights were blown when I got there. We said something and most of them were fixed. There is no air conditioning in the flat (pretty standard in Prague) but there was only one fan. 1 fan for three girls in three different rooms to share. I was okay at night because I am always cold and most Czechs just create cross breezes with the windows, but my roommates got pretty warm and during the day the flat was like 85 degrees. Most of the time we were at school (which was JUST AS HOT) anyway. The bathroom was so bad though. So. So. Nasty. It's the standard in Prague to have the washer in the bathroom. Virtually no one has dryers, you hang your stuff on a drying rack in the bedroom. That's not what the problem was, because immersion is cool. But the washer drained into the tub. So every time we took a shower you had to clean the tub because it would have dirt and lint residue. A lot of it. It was bad. And the threadbare shower curtain had to be 10 years old with just as much mold and dirt stained on it. Equally as terrible. Now, you might be saying, "What's the big deal? It's just your feet touching the bottom of the tub. Why did you have to wash it every time?" Because my friend our apparent was a traditional Eastern European sitting shower. Very common in CR. You have a handheld sprayer and you sit in the tub to wash yourself. You get wet - turn the water off- bathe yourself/hair - then turn the water back on to rinse off. Some of the other apartments that my classmates where in did have stand up showers, BUT they didn't have washers and had to go to a laundry mat. So really I think having the washer and old tub was better.) So you are sitting in dirty water from yourself and the laundry. Now, I didn't know it at the time but our tub drain was clogged, so it made the drainage much much worse. All 5 of us who passed through that apartment thought, "This is what its supposed to do. Like a shower bath as a kid kinda." So you sat in 4 inches of water or whatever. It wasn't until the last week of class that we realized it was clogged. But as soon as we brought it to TLH attention it was fixed that afternoon! So it only took about 12 hours after we told them that we had a proper working/draining shower. You live and you learn. I just wish we would have asked about it sooner. The location of the apartments is wonderful! Great views and food nearby as well as plenty of grocers and short walk to the tram stop. The instructors were friendly and helpful most of the time and the school house was in an amazing location. If my husband ever gets TEFL certified I will enroll him here.

The program during my time was way over crowded. Classrooms were packed, when we went out as a class there were so many people packed in a small reserved room that we had no space to eat and couldn't hear the person next to you talk, and each night lesson and class review lasted hours and hours for many teams because there where teams of 4 instead of 3. I would recommended each month the max amount of students be limited to 22. We had around 28/30 or so and it was a nightmare at times. Also, apartments need to be inspected before new students move in to insure all lights work, the water/sink/shower work properly and that everything is in tip top shape.
Stephanie

Preparation for success

I participated in The Language House TEFL program in May 2016. Two years later, I am still amazed and grateful for everything I learned during the course and all of the support provided throughout my time in Prague. The staff genuinely care about your wellbeing and success and continue to be supportive long after you finish the course. I’ve now officially started my own English tutoring business here in Prague because of the foundation, knowledge, and support that The Language House provided me.

I was completely satisfied with the course, but more lesson planning involving individual students would be nice, since that’s what I ended up teaching the most.