TEFL International - Get TEFL Certified in Tokyo, Japan

Japan is a stunning country with great appeal, drawing tourists and international trade from all corners of the globe for many hundreds of years. Our Course Center is situated in the vibrant modern urban metropolis of Tokyo, home to over 36 million people. The environment in Tokyo is very fast, and the demand for highly qualified English teachers is met by many extremely well-qualified candidates every month.

Separate yourself from the masses with an internationally-recognized TEFL Certification and get a jump start for your new career in this amazing location.

TEFL’s new course center is located in Katsushika-ku, which is one of the twenty-three city wards of Tokyo. It is home to Narihira Santosen Temple, the “Bound Jizō” of Ōoka Echizen, and Shibamata Taishakuten, selected as one of the 100 Soundscapes of Japan and 100 Landscapes of Japan (Heisei era). The area has cozy, lively shopping streets less touristy than other areas in Tokyo.

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 10
  • Instruction 9.7
  • Difficulty 7.3
  • Job Assistance 8
Kody

Great confidence booster

I came in with a Bachelor's degree, so I knew I didn't need the certification to get a job teaching in Japan. What I wanted from TEFL Tokyo was the confidence to walk into a new classroom and start teaching. That is exactly what I got.

TEFL International Tokyo gave me a TESOL certificate, but more importantly, they gave me the tools and practice and confidence I need to be an effective teacher.

Lose ITTT.
Keah

Valuable teaching opportunities.

This was a great course with a sufficient amount of time and attention paid to both the theoretical and practical aspects of teaching English as a second language.
Larry and Dave conducted the classes with a friendly enthusiasm and had a way of making every task interesting and informative. Additionally, classes were well organised and provided plenty of opportunities for students to ask questions and gain a deeper understanding of the given topics.
TEFL International was a great way for me to start my time in Tokyo and was an invaluable experience which I believe will definitely help me in any future language teaching career.

Daniel

I learned a lot!

I truly learned a lot in this course! It is a great mix of textbook information, practical real life teaching, great teacher role models, and lots of valuable skills and inputs. The teachers are really fun and friendly and knowledgable. It's a good atmosphere to learn in. The real world teaching opportunities are helpful and great practice. This is a course I can be proud to say I have taken, and it should carry a lot of weight with employers. Speaking of, they gave me a great reference, and I was able to get a job offer shortly after the course finished, using what I had learned in the class during my interview. Thanks Larry and Coach Dave!!

I think they could retype and crisp up the handout materials. They have good content, but the ink was dull. Such a small thing. But hey there's gotta be something to improve.
Andrew

Well worth the time, effort, and money.

I have had many great teachers throughout my education, and both Larry and Dave rank right up there, too. Both have decades of experience living and teaching in Japan, so they are filled to the brim with useful knowledge that useful not just for teaching in Japan, but also living there. To top it all off, they both happen to be really great, personable, and humorous guys.

I also want to give a word of warning; don't expect a walk in the park. Within these four weeks you will learn more about grammar than you ever knew existed and the workload, while not backbreaking, will definitely consume a fair amount of time.

My only real complaint is that the classroom can feel a little cramped.
Paula

COMMUNICATION FROM THE HEART

That is what I experienced whilst attending TEFL International, Tokyo. I was not just told about what to learn but I experienced it in my life from my dedicated sensei's. I am leaving 100% equipped.

About TEFL Services International

TEFL International is one of the world's largest TESOL/TEFL course providers with a network of twenty schools worldwide. TEFL International's reputation and the high quality of this course give you all the skills, experience and credibility you need...