Interested in getting paid to travel the world? By earning your accredited TEFL certification with International TEFL Academy, you can teach English in Japan & in 80+ countries worldwide.
The Asian markets are some of the largest in the world for English teachers, and Japan has one of the longest traditions of employing TEFL certified English instructors. A 4-year university degree and your TEFL certificate are absolutely required for teaching in Japan.
A job teaching English abroad in Japan is a fantastic way to live overseas and make money while exploring exciting cities like Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto!
Armed with your International TEFL Academy TEFL certification & ITA's lifetime job search assistance, you'll be able to finding professional teaching jobs in Japan & in more than 80 countries worldwide.
We've helped more than 20,000 people get TEFL certified & experience the world. Join the movement, make a difference, and earn some money along the way!
Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?
- One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: What TEFL class is best for teaching English in Japan? Is Japan the right country choice for me? How much money do I need to bring with me to Japan & what kind of visa do I need? Your personal ITA Advisor will help you navigate these questions about TEFL certification & teaching English abroad in Japan, including detailed information about English teaching jobs in popular cities like Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto!
- Professional TEFL Certification Courses: We offer accredited TEFL certification courses online (11 weeks online) and in-person (4 weeks) in 25 locations worldwide, and of these would qualify you to teach English in Japan. Every ITA TEFL class exceeds international professional standards for instructor qualifications, accredited curriculum, and student teaching hours. The Online TEFL class is the most popular option for teaching in Japan since students typically interview from his/her home country for positions.
- We Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone on the ITA staff has extensive international experience. Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad.
- One-on-One Job Search Guidance for Teaching English in Japan: How do I actually find a teaching job in Tokyo or Kyoto? Once enrolled in any ITA TEFL class, you’ll work with our team of expert Student Affairs advisors to help you prepare for your job search in Japan. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets across Japan, Europe and in 80 countries worldwide.
- Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Don’t know anyone in Japan? No problem! Japan is one of the most popular countries for ITA graduates teaching English abroad. As an ITA alumni you have exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 20,000 ITA alumni teaching English across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you get to Japan & get all of your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad in Asia!
How Do I Get Started?
Contact International TEFL Academy for your starter brochure or call us directly at 773-634-9900 & start working with your personal Admission Advisors. Your advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your all of your questions, go over your options & set up your game plan to see the world. Your advisor will be happy to speak with you as many times as you need to go over job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options & much more.
Your journey begins now so let’s get in touch & let’s get started!
Where In The World Should You Teach Abroad?
Click the link below to access your free country comparison chart: