Find Private Language Students Abroad with Teacher Finder

Find Private Language Students Abroad with Teacher Finder

We connect language teachers with private students quickly and painlessly for lessons on location or online. From the beginning, our aim has been to create the most efficient and easy-to-use service possible.

If you're a qualified and professional teacher, we can help you fill your schedule with private students. We're currently active on most continents and organize dozens of lessons every day.

To join us, you only need to fill out a form on our website - qualified candidates will be contacted and included in our international team to start work immediately.

For more information, and to join, please visit our website.

1 Year+
Salary / Benefits
You will be paid directly by the student, usually they will choose to pay you for a block of 4-8 lessons in advance.

You can take on as many private students as you wish and be completely in charge of making your own schedule.
Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Budapest, Dubai, Hamburg, Hong Kong, Istanbul, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Montreal, Paris, P

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Flora
Brussels

Highly Recommend

I have used many different sites to advertise my services to potential students and TeacherFinder is by far the most personal and reliable. Within a few days of arriving in Brussels I was set up with two new students wanting numerous regular sessions per week, and we have got on very well due to the fact that TeacherFinder matches you with students that have similar interests. I love the fact that you are speaking with real people who are there to help and not some automated machine, which makes the entire process completely stress-free. I can’t recommend TeacherFinder enough!

I can’t think of anything!

Abel
Nederland
Hogeschool van Amsterdam

Great tool to help out foreigners and make a little extra on the side

I love working with Teacher Finder. They're always quickly to respond, and are very open to helping you, no matter your request. The students are all very smart and learn quickly, which makes the process of teaching a lot more fun. So overall I'm really happy to work together with Teacher Finder. If you're looking for Dutch lessons in Amsterdam, be sure to contact them and they'll put you in touch with some very skilled teachers!

Lara
Barcelona
Autonomous University of Barcelona

Amazing Teacher Finder

This company is the greatest ever. Not only they do the match with the students but also they ask for reviews, they care if everything is ok, the staff is there always. The paper work is so easy and the students I've got so far are awesome. I am currently living in Barcelona and I've been receiving a match almost every week. I would recommend everybody to work with Andrew and Liisi! Thanks for everything :)

Michael
University of Buckingham

TeacherFinder

I've worked with a few similar student->teacher matching organizations while I've been teaching and TeacherFinder has been by far the most effective and communicative. Their matching is efficient and they've always been quick to communicate and interact.
So far all the students I have met thru the programme have been pleasant and (importantly) self-motivated.
You lose the benefits of having a school structure with resources and classrooms, but what you gain in flexibility and independence of teaching are more than worth it.

Jack

Teacher Finder Programme

The Teacher Finder programme is a great, intuitively easy service for matching students with teachers.
Pricing matrix offers transparency and reflects market rates.
The Teacher Finder team are helpful, supportive and always available.
Special mention to Andrew who epitomises excellent customer service.
The amount of hours you wish to work are self determined and the back office technical delivery ensures the process is seamless.
Highly recommend this programme.

Ensuring the prospective students are committed to learning and signing up for their classes.

jess
University of Adelaide

Great way to connect with students

Teacher Finder is a great service for finding students. The process is really easy, the students you get are dedicated and the pricing and fees are really transparent and fair. The team at Teacher Finder match you with students that suit your teaching style and availability and you do the rest! The team is ready to support you in all aspects of the teaching like how to communicate with students, how to negotiate fees as well as providing tips on being a freelance English Teacher. You can work as much or as little as you want or need and the team will adjust new matches according to your schedule that you can update on their easy to use the system. I really recommend Teacher Finder if you are looking to get into the TESL freelancer life!

Adam
Prague
University at Buffalo- SUNY

A+ experience with Teacher Finder

I have had a wonderful experience with Teacher Finder. When I first moved to Prague, I didn't know what the work environment would be like and the best ways to seek teaching gigs. I made an account with Teacher Finder and hoped for the best. It took several weeks, but I was eventually linked with a student. It is a perfect match and they are great people to work with. Teacher Finder was able to match me with students I otherwise don't think I would have found. I'm hoping Teacher Finder can link me with more students soon!

I highly recommend Teacher Finder for any freelance teachers looking to pick up lessons.

More exposure to potential students so more jobs are offered. I only have one connection through Teacher Finder at the moment and it is working out very well.

Multilingual Tutor via Skype
Brian
Tokyo, Budapest, Niagara Region.
Brock University

Best company I have ever worked with regarding online teaching.

Teacher Finder has been the best company to work with.
In the past I worked with a few other online teaching platforms and I must say that Teacher Finder is the most professional, clarity and understanding is always present, staff response time is excellent and the students I have met are truly extraordinary.

Flexibility, honesty and very different from the factory type of companies out there.
I look forward to a great future with Teacher Finder!

I have no complaints. Very personal and honest. Full trust between company and teacher.

Irene
Hamburg, Germany

Easy way to find teaching work, perfect staff

Having just recently arrived in Hamburg, and having a full-time internship, I was unsure of how to go about finding students, especially when I had limited time to do so. Despite's having no students for me for a while, as soon as I was put in touch with a student, I had virtually nothing to do but contact the student and start teaching. The staff are unbelievably helpful and consistently available. The students have also been a pleasure to teach and the prices they suggest are fair. There's also no ambiguity once contact between both parties has been made, and there's no confusion, since they play the middle-man perfectly. I would recommend this without any doubt.

Helen
Budapest, Hungary

A fantastic & hassle free introduction to Private English Teaching

Teacher Finder have been fantastic in their support since I moved to Budapest. I have been lucky to be matched with people who have become long-term students which has given me the start I needed in TEFL Teaching in a new city and country! The Teacher Finder programme was a huge help in finding language students and providing information, advice and guidance along the way. They provide a flexible service with a personal touch whilst being professional and efficient :-)

Only to say that when you sign up a brief overview of the student demand for the city you are in, would be useful as a guideline of sorts for the amount of work to be expected. Other than that, keep doing what you do so well!

Carolina
Budapest

Easy matching system, great opportunity!

I was looking for students in Budapest, Hungary and teacher finder made the job much easier. Ever since I started I have been successfully matched with great students and we've easily arranged our lessons.
Teacher finder works in the best possible way, our communication has been excellent, simple and fast, and the best is that I have the opportunity to do what I like with flexible schedules that I choose with the students.

It's already great!

Anna

Teacher Finder

Teacher Finder is definitely one of the best thing that could happen to me as a private teacher. After a quick entry process I got into their absolutely friendly and helpful team and got new students within a week or so.
By choosing your interests they match you with students who has similar hobbies, etc., so - at least in my case - we usually end up having a 1.5 hours class because we just like to chat and talk about ideas, experiences and culture. It is great to meet people from all over the world and immediately have something in common.
The process is very easy from the beginning, the quick updates for the team takes only a few seconds which is very convenient. Also, no hidden fees.
What I have learnt with Teacher Finder that really, trust goes both ways; and it can result in something amazing!

I really can not say anything negative about it, it is perfect the way it is.

Antoinette
Memorial University of Newfoundland

Simple Smart and Effective

I came across the Teacher Finder website by chance just a few weeks ago. I was interested in teaching private language classes, but uninspired by the idea of applying to language schools. After a quick and easy process of filling out and submitting some online forms, Teacher Finder welcomed me to their community and immediately began matching me with students.

I find their system to be extremely effective. I also appreciate that they did not charge money to register, but trust the teacher to pay a fixed amount to Teacher Finder after the first four sessions with each new student.

Teacher Finder employees respond quickly to emails and I find their whole system for communicating very easy to use. I'm happy to have encountered this resource and hope many others will benefit from their services.

Honestly, I can't think of anything. It works really wonderfully!

Farhia
Prague
Kingston University

A great site!

The guys at teacher finder are very supportive and so far I am having a positive experience. They are always there to help and the students they match you with are a great match for you as they are required to fill out a questionaire before being matched to a teacher. I find the freedom they give you in choosing your hours to be very effective.
In addition, every few weeks you are encouraged to update your availability in case any chances have been made to your current schedule. If you have an enquiries or problems, teacher finder are on call to help. I would recommend anyone to this site!

If it ain't broke, why fix it.

Marzia
ROMA

Great opportunities and great staff

I have been working as a teacher for Teacher Finder for about 6 months and I would say that the experience is absolutely positive.
Not only is the organization excellent but also the staff is amazing.
The team is really supportive and efficient at their jobs. They are always ready to help and they stay in touch with you just to make sure that you can live your teaching experience at your best. Moreover, the service itself is easy to use and no intrusiveness at all. Even the paperwork/payment is fast and simple.
This is an excellent way to find students and meet great people. I have had great students so far, amazing people coming from different part of the world with whom I am still in touch.

I teach in Rome which is a very big city with a very extended centre so the cost of transportation as well as the time you spend on public transport are very consistent. As a solution it could be considered to split the transportation cost between students and teachers and to ask students to book for not least than 2 lessons at time.

Robert
Berlin, Germany

Very good service.

The guys at teacher finder are in regular contact. The service is excellent. If you need a quality teacher fast they sort it out. If you need students to teach fast they also sort it out and all that for a fair referral fee.
They have a great amount of qualified teachers and seem to have enough requests so it is somewhat easy to find students through them if you teach.
I would definitely recommend them!

I don't see much how. But if it could be done you can speak to the guys working there directly and tell them.

Sheri
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Great for finding quality students

I've been with Teacher Finder for over a year, and have had great students. They've been well matched to me in terms of time availability, interests, skills they want to learn, etc. The staff are easy to work with and the paperwork/payment is fast and simple. Basically, you fill out a profile form for Teacher Finder and they use that published profile to match you with interested students. It's a great way to find students and build your own mini-school after you're in a country.

This program is great for teachers to find students once the teacher is in the country.

Arabella
Budapest, Hungary

Love Teacher Finder

Teacher Finder is an efficient and reliable organisation that has found me excellent teaching opportunities over the years. As well as being professional they're also friendly and accessible.

Teacher Finder has helped me solve unexpected situations regarding my english lessons and has been approachable and helpful at all times.

Teacher Finder has developed and grown profoundly throughout the years and it has been an absolute pleasure to be a part of this process.

Teacher Finder seems to be constantly looking for ways to improve and this is definitely felt by its pool of teachers.

Jacob
Portland, Oregon
University of Oregon

Great Organization!

I am currently a student in Budapest and was looking for some extra income. I had been looking for students earlier, and Teacher Finder made the process easy! Teacher Finder has helped me receive a steady income and I always receive support when I need it while also given a lot of freedom. Teacher Finder connects those in your city who are looking for English lessons, and you take care of the rest.

Onur

TeacherFinder Works

I had been teaching English in Budapest as a private tutor for several years (to students found mostly via online tutor-advertising websites or word-of-mouth) when, about half a year ago, I happened upon the local branch of TeacherFinder, LearnEnglishBudapest, while browsing the Internet; and quickly signed up for it. I'm glad that I did so, because since then they have matched me up with lots of individual students, as well as English teacher-seeking language schools, thus augmenting my teaching income. The service is uncomplicated, easy, and effective to use, with clear-cut rules, and no intrusiveness at all on their part after the initial match-up. The fee they charge is reasonable and one-time only. Communications with them are friendly, open, and courteous; they usually answer questions or concerns promptly, as well as providing any advice needed. Overall, I think that TeacherFinder is a really simple and efficient, almost ideal, avenue for finding and connecting with English-language learners in your area, especially for one-on-one private tutoring.

As for any aspects of this service that could be improved - well, for one thing, it would be better if TeacherFinder could recruit more students (and teachers) from the more outlying, peripheral, suburban and fringe areas of the city, instead of being concentrated mostly on the downtown/city center/main city area like it now is. That would reduce transportation time and costs involved in meeting with the students. In addition, it would probably be a good idea to spread increases in the advertised lesson prices out over a more extended period of time, since too-rapid rises in lesson prices might result in lower numbers of potential students willing to use this service (although TeacherFinder gives teachers wide leeway in negotiating instructional fees with individual pupils).

Nash
Manchester
University of Derby

Teacher Finder a great working relationship.

I first heard of Teacher Finder through an Irish friend, who was already working through them in Budapest. I had been considering going back to teaching English, but wasn't sure whether I could be bothered with the hassle of building up a good student base. I thought I'd give them a try due to his recommendation and was very pleasantly surprised. The application process was straight forward and quick. They started dending me potential students within a week. I find Andrew and his team really supportive and efficient at their jobs and they generally match students well according to the answers they give in the questionnaires. If you ever have a problem with a student or a question regarding anything they are always there for you and make it really easy to work with them. I find the freedom they give you in choosing your own hours and the types of students you prefer to teach to be a great way of doing things. To be honest I can't really think of anything negative to say about them and would recommend them to anyone looking to teach languages.

I think it is fine as it is. If it ain't broke...

Luca

TeacherFinder is a Lifestyle Changer

I was delighted to find that teaching English in Budapest is a viable and sustainable lifestyle.

Since I posted my profile on Teacherfinder, I've had multiple matches with great students. By now, I have weeded out those that aren't a great fit and kept those that work out well for me. What results is a good income and a lifestyle that suits me.

I am my own boss, I make my own hours, I choose who I work with.

I particularly enjoy that TF leaves it up to you to talk about pricing, timing, details - it makes for a very personalized experience with each student.

If more teachers joined, TF could create more localized matches to avoid long travel times.

As it is you can already pass up any matches that include too much travel for your taste. Still, you feel bad leaving a student from an outer district without a good match and your conscience would rest easier if there was another teacher to jump in your place.

Miguel
Madrid, Spain

Best Way of Giving Private Lessons

I started working with Teacher Finder as a way of finding more private students in Madrid. The process of signing up with them was simple - I had to fill out an online form with my qualifications and experience, and after that all I had to do is wait. They make introductions to students via email and then simply get out of the way and let me teach the way I want to. It also gives me a lot of flexibility to set my own availabilities and hours.

You have a very clear understanding of what their conditions and terms are, and it makes working with them really easy and straightforward. Andrew and the team is helpful with making any changes and they get updates on what my openings are, so the process runs smoothly.

To be honest, I think it works really well already. It's a simple and straightforward process that doesn't really need much messing with.

Andrés
Madrid

Working for Teacher Finder

I was not quite sure that Teacher Finder was going to provide me some students, but from the very beginning they offered me classes and stayed in contact with to follow the process.
Also, the way the answer rapidly all the mails and communications make much easier the time you can prepare in advance your schedule and your lessons.
Simply, comfortable and effective, I would highly recommend Teacher Finder over others.

Federica
Milan

Excellent and professional team. Great Source for students and teachers connection

As an italian teacher I couldn't wish for a better company to work with. Since I signed up with Teacher Finder, they have been provided me many good students and I'm so happy to work with them on a regular basis because I like their enthusiasm and the willing to learn italian. Teacher Finder is a very good connection method. Conditions are clear and defined, the referral fee is reasonable and fair. I appreciate Andrew and his team because they are always available to help me for any queries and to answer to my need. They reply immediately and they really pay attention to my teaching needs preferences. I couldn't recommend them more highly for private teachers here in Milan. Teacher Finder are excellent to activate the connection between teachers and students and I really like to work with them. They are so serious and professional. This is so important to me because I think that teaching languages is a serious thing.
Thanks Teacher Finder!

I think this is a very good program and there is no need to improve it better than it already is. It perfectley works so It is easy and professional at the same time

Kriszta
Budapest

Teacher Finder - that's the way to do it!

I have been working as a private teacher for many years, now. I teach Hungarian to foreigners in Budapest and all over through the internet and English to Hungarians. I have worked with several agencies out of which I found Teacher Finder outstanding.
Conditions are well defined, both lesson and referral fees are reasonable and fixed. Students are matched with their potential teachers in accordance with their (learning) needs and personal requirements. I appreciate their assessment process of student needs: it saves time for me and gives me an accurate picture of what my student would want to achieve by taking lessons with me. Andrew and his staff are devoted and committed to quality. They are nice, efficient, quick to respond and also pay attention to my preferences. The system is flexible, teachers have their professional freedom to design lessons and do their jobs.
On the other hand they listen to student feedback to guarantee effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
Finally, a personal note: I love working with the students I got to know through Teacher Finder. They are very nice, determined and fun people.

I could not wish for a better company to work with as a private teacher.

Martin
Nowhere

Good way to find new students

I signed up with Teacher Finder and they have provided me with new students on a regular basis. They charge a referral fee but it's definitely worth it since the service makes it much easier to get in touch with new students.

A big advantage is that the prices are set beforehand which eliminates the need to negotiate with each new student.

As for the staff, you'll mostly be dealing with Andrew who is very professional and always willing to help.

Louise
Moraga, California

Professional, Organized, and Simple

I was teaching English privately in Budapest, mostly finding students through word-of-mouth. A friend of mine recommended Teacher Finder as a way to fill out my schedule. I'm so happy for this; Andrew and his team are fantastic, and their referral fee is very fair. They are quick to reply to emails, and really pay attention to my availabilities and teaching location preferences. It's so easy to fill out my schedule: if I have some teaching slots available, I simply contact them and inevitably they get filled in no time at all. I couldn't recommend them more highly for private English teachers here in Budapest.

Roy
Otley, West Yorkshire, U.K
Leeds Metropolitan University

Excellent support from Teacher Finder

I first contacted Teacher Finder at the beginning of the year when I was looking for further students to teach, in support of contract work from language Schools in Budapest. It was incredibly easy to get in touch with the support staff, who were considerate enough to ask when I was available, without suddenly loading me with too many students to handle. They also asked my preferences in terms of location within the city of Budapest, so that neither I, nor the students had to spend ridiculous amounts of time travelling.

As a relative newbie to teaching English, (and someone slightly prone to worrying!), they really were excellent at putting my mind at ease, and allowing me to focus on the students and teaching.

Teacher Finder were excellent at starting the connection between myself and the students, and I was fortunate enough to have consistent amounts of students organised through them. Their level of contact was also fantastic in ensuring that my changing schedule was always taken into account, while also allowing for extra work if I wanted it.

For me working with students privately is much more rewarding, and more flexible. You can use the materials you want, and be much more adaptive to the needs of the students. Support is always on hand if needed from Teacher Finder, from simple updates on schedules, to detailed information about the specific language requirements of students.

No improvements, just continuing their level of excellent support and on-hand guidance.

Chris
Bournemouth University

Working as a teacher for Teacher Finder, Budapest

I began working for Teacher Finder soon after my arrival in Budapest in 2013. I have two sources of students: a subscription-based online matching service, and Teacher Finder. I have had much more work from the latter than I have the online fee-based system. I quickly discovered that the staff at Teacher Finder provided me with students promptly, and whenever I have dry periods, Teacher Finder is able to send new students my way.

The remuneration is good, especially for Budapest, and the commission is very fair: the cost of two lessons in return for the rest of the fee the student pays. And of course, when the student books another course of lessons, I get to keep all of their fee.

The staff at Teacher Finder are quick to respond to queries, are friendly and supportive. Thanks to Teacher Finder, I have managed to earn a living sufficient to remain in Budapest. I am thankful to this company for the work it has provided!

Teacher Finder makes it easy for private language teachers to connect with students looking to take lessons.

Our aim is to make the process of uniting professional teachers with eager students as simple and quick as possible. We organize both face-to-face and online lessons, helping