International TEFL/TESOL Courses & Job Search Guidance with ITA

Budapest, Hungary
Budapest, Hungary
John Lennon Wall, Prague, Czech Republic
John Lennon Wall, Prague, Czech Republic
An amazing foggy view of Prague from the castle grounds.
An amazing foggy view of Prague from the castle grounds.
The best beach in Lefkada Greece!
The best beach in Lefkada Greece!
Hiking the Alps in Austria.
Hiking the Alps in Austria.
My first day in Shanghai, visiting my new school!

Interested in getting paid to travel the world? With International TEFL Academy’s Online TEFL class, you’ll be qualified to teach English in 80+ countries worldwide.

Are You...

- A native English speaker from the U.S. or Canada & at least 21 years old?
- Looking for a way to make money while living abroad in Europe, Asia, Latin America, or the Middle East?
- Passionate about education and eager to earn your accredited TEFL certificate?

If yes, then armed with your ITA TEFL certification & our lifetime job search guidance, you'll be able to find professional English teaching jobs in countries like Spain, Costa Rica, and South Korea.

A job teaching English abroad is a fantastic way to gain professional work experience, learn a new language, make new friends, and ultimately one of the best ways to make money while traveling and living abroad.

Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?

• One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: What TEFL class is best for me? What country is best for me? How much money do I need to bring with me? Your own personal ITA advisor will help you navigate these questions about TEFL certification, teaching abroad, and many more! Your advisor will educate you on how to find English teaching jobs in 80+ countries around the world before enrolling in your class. Your advisor will help you decide if teaching English abroad is a good fit for you!
  • Professional Level TEFL Certification Courses: We offer accredited TEFL certification courses online (11 weeks online) and in-person (4 weeks) in 25 locations worldwide that exceed international professional standards of instructor qualifications, class, and student teaching hours.
  • We Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone on the ITA staff has extensive experience international experience. Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad from first-hand experience.
  • One-on-One Job Search Guidance: How do I find a job? How do I make friends? What paperwork do I need for my visa? Once enrolled in any ITA TEFL class, you’ll work with our team of expert job search advisors to help you out with these three questions and many, many more. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets around the world.
  • Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 15,000 ITA alumni teaching English across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you head out & get your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad.

How Do I Get Started?

Contact International TEFL Academy for your starter brochure or call us directly at 773-634-9900 & start working with your personal Admission Advisors. Your advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your all of your questions, go over your options & set up your game plan to see the world. Your advisor will be happy to speak with you as many times as you need to go over job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options & much more.

Your journey begins now so let’s get in touch & let’s get started!

The answer is it depends entirely on which country you choose to teach in. I made a lot of money in China but it is not an easy place to live.
Well first you need to get a work visa and your family can come as Accompanying family members
I got the certification through ITA because I was going to study abroad. With a wife and son, I knew I needed to work while I studied. I finished the certification course in April and have been teaching English online since June. I would not have gotten these online opportunities were it not for the certification. This has been a wonderful option for me and my family.
I have a TEFL certification and I'm teaching at a wonderful language school in the far northeast of Russia.

• Instruction 9.3
  • Academic Rigor 7.9
  • Job Assistance 8.7
Danielle

Smart Move

I just graduated college in May of this year and had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do for the short term. I noticed a lot of my friends had applied to fellowships to either do research or teach abroad, so I figured "well, why don't I look into teaching abroad"? Ultimately, I stumbled upon ITA through a simple, but fateful google search. Next thing I know, I'm wrapping up my course and organizing plans to move to move to Spain! Although fed up with taking classes ITA's course was different in that it allowed me to put to practice what I learned by giving me assignments that I'd actually do as a teacher. I was actually able to step into the role of a teacher through them, and now I feel prepared to go make a life for myself as a budding professional. T'was a smart move indeed, one I have no absolutely no regrets in making.

I have no improvement suggestions; I am completely satisfied with this course.
Mary

So Glad I found International TEFL Academy

I did my research and spoke with several schools. I 'm happy I chose ITA. I feel I've received a very through training. The instructors and resources were easy to follow.

The use of in class videos as well as additional lectures added to my training. I used resources outlined in the text to complete assignments. I was also able to find additional resources on my own.

The activities and assignments were in keeping with the lessons. With the available resources, I could complete assignments on time. In addition I liked that I as able to find new resources as I do not like to "reinvent the wheel!"

Sophie

ITA Online TEFL course

Travelling the world and experiencing different cultures has always been a dream of mine but it always seemed so distant. Travelling can be expensive and overwhelming to plan and I could never find the right time. Having the opportunity to do the ITA online TEFL course has not only improved my CV and my career prospects, it has also opened so many doors for me for travelling. The course has taught me how to be an effective ESL teacher and I'm excited to put all this knowledge into practice. Enrolling in any online course or programme can be a huge risk - you can only rely on reviews and you want the best possible experience. With ITA, they provided really helpful advice over email/skype and gave me consistent support throughout the entire course. I would recommend it to anyone who would like to travel.

There's nothing I would improve - it was all really good!
Briana

First online course ever taken - great experience with ITA!

I'd never taken an online course before and decided to try it after much research with the International TEFL organization. They were extremely helpful right from the very beginning. They offer a ton of information about how to choose a good institution for getting your TEFL certification. I knew immediately that they were legitimate when I read that it was required to speak with an adivsor before you signed up for anything. They have a lot of articles not about themselves, but about what makes a good certification course and what you should look for/be wary of. I liked that they didn't promote themselves, but genuinely wanted to be helpful for those new to this process. It becomes especially confusing with all the different types of certifications out there. I also was drawn to the fact that they offer job assistance afterwards. This isn't some "easy-A" type of online certification. It requires time and effort. They really want you to be the best you can before you go teach. They are an accredited organization and strive to be the best. My instructor made herself easily available via email or online office ours/forums. Would definitely recommend it to others!

I wish they gave you more time for the teaching practicum hours at the end. I think two months is kind of short especially if you work full time and have other extracurriculars.
Mills

ITA

I decided to get my TEFL certification after teaching ESL in Vietnam. I went through ITA because I've heard how great of a program it is, and it really is an awesome program. You can tell that the teachers love what they are doing and they really want their students to be the best ESL teachers that they can be. The course work can be difficult at times, but that's good because it will only make you a better teacher. I also really like how ITA provides their graduates with a life time of job search guidance. The student affairs team is really helpful and will even look over your cover letter and resume for you. If anything, that was probably what really made my decision. If you want to get your TEFL certification do it through ITA it's the best.

The one thing I would improve is maybe there being more speedy responses from the student affairs team when sending your resume and cover letter for them to look over.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Thank you for writing this review, Mills! Glad you're enjoying the lifetime job search guidance and that you've had a great experience. If there's ever anything we can do to help you out, don't hesitate to get in touch! - ITA

Esther

Positive Experience

This TEFL course was a very challenging experience for me, but I totally enjoyed it. The knowledge and skills I have picked up I have now introduced into my current teaching job with adult learners in the community sector. The results have been excellent, especially among my culturally diverse students.
I now rearrange the classroom for group activities and have found the students to be more engaging and receptive and it has made a huge difference especially for my night groups as they are more alert and interractive. The assessment results have improved greatly for these students.
I am looking forward to going overseas and putting the skills and knowledge into practice, hopefully I will be as effective there as I have been here. We have not as yet decided which country we will be going to, but it will be in Europe somewhere.
I can recommend this course to anyone wanting to teach ESL.
Really loved it.
Regards Esther Vardis

Felt it was a little rushed. Need more time for assessment especially the project.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Thank you so much for this review, Esther! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your story. We're really glad that you're able to put these new skills to go use and that you feel they are improving the experience for your students. We're always here to help you along the way with your job search, so don't hesitate to get in touch! - ITA

Marzia

old school, we know!

This is my first time to take and finish an online course.And I can say that it was fun, educational and most of all challenging. It has been challenging because of my time schedule. Everyday I look forward on how to take the lessons and complete the quiz and tasks each week while going to work at the same time.And I am truly happy that finally I completed all the whole course.I can't wait for my next journey after the course. More power to all the TEFL Academy team from all over the world. Thank you for this wonderful experience. I will continue to review all the lessons and will try my best to improve my lessons plans for my future students. I am looking forward to meet and work with some of the people who are part of TEFL Academy and also to travel the world.

As what I've said to the same questions in the final evaluation, I don't think I can improve more about this program because it is already near to being perfect. Again thank you for giving me the chance to grow more.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Thanks for sharing your experience! Glad you successfully completed the course and that you had a wonderful experience! Get in touch if you ever need any assistance with your job search! - ITA

Quinton

ITA Online: July 1st

Awesome course! I was truly impressed with the amount of content and the quality of the content. I would recommend this course to my friends and anyone who is interested in teaching English overseas. My teacher for the course was very knowledgeable and offered more than enough help and feedback throughout the entire course. There was a plethora of videos throughout the course (average 3-4 per chapter) that not only offered help with the learning aspect of the course, but could also be used in lesson planning once you are in a teaching position overseas. The only thing I feel I would change is I would prefer there to be a section within the course that deals with the job search aspect of the teaching English overseas process. 10/10. Will recommend the course to anyone who wants to teach English overseas!!

I just feel there needs to be a sections within the course to go over the Job search aspect and maybe have prior students who have gone on to find a job there to ask questions.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Quinton! Thanks for sharing this feedback about the Online class and the job search guidance section idea, I will pass this along to our Director of Studies. Don't hesitate to get in touch if we can ever assist you moving forward with your job search! - ITA

Arash

On TEFL courses

My experience was unique with TEFL courses. The practical part and task-based nature of the course can help me a lot in real life teaching situations. There is a practical side behind every good theory. In a sense that Ss know for sure that s/he can use what s/he has learnt in real life situations. If applicability is limited to the four walls of the classroom, then it is only good for special occasions.

Whenever all the pillars of teaching are present, there will be no barriers on the way of teaching and learning. There exist T(s), ELL(s), objective, and the most important of all application. There is a clear and vivid one to one correspondence between classroom activities and real life activities. They can be expanded and abridged. Ss can give comments on them and use them in related context.

If I were one of the course designers, I will add more examples and situations which demand the use of four major skills- S, L, R, and W.
Sergio

My Journey with TEFL

When I first started this course, I admit I was rather nervous. I never had any experience teaching, much less teaching English. However, I was blessed to have had the opportunity to meet Professor Cruz, and Ms. Houston. These two provided me with the confidence I needed to move forward in my journey to become an English teacher. I experience nothing short of utmost professionalism and dedication from these two individuals. It was clear that these two represented the pinnacle of professionalism and dedication to see me succeed. My experience with this course has provided me with the unique insight, and confidence I needed to become a successful teacher. I am grateful to have had the wonderful opportunity to be a part of this phenomenal course.

Jessica

Excellent TEFL course! Better certification than others and excellent support & job/visa assistance!

I chose ITA for my TEFL certification because they have a better reputation than other TEFL programs. They require a little more work of their students (thus students are better prepared), but the course as a whole was very well structured and made me think like a teacher! Highly recommend this course as you'll leave it with a certificate that has a top reputation, you get personalized guidance through the job finding and visa process, and the instructors are super accessible! The nice thing about this course is that they provide you a full textbook if you take the course online, and you can use it for future reference. The textbook provides you a strong baseline/guidelines and examples, and then peer interaction in the class message board is great to bounce ideas off each other and get useful links from your classmates. The task assignments are great to push you out of your thinking box and help you find outside resources, and the instructor gives you personal feedback as well. It's great!

I would say that it's only 10+ weeks to complete and become certified. This course does require you to complete 20 hours of shadowing in a teaching classroom, which is very beneficial! I was hesitant to spend a little more money, but in the end I think it's totally worth it for the reputation and preparation you receive.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Jessica. You're right, our course is definitely not the type of class that you just breeze through, but it's worth it! We're always here to assist you along the way in your job search so don't hesitate to reach out. - ITA

Kayla

A Dream Come True

The course was everything I needed and more. My advisor and instructor were very helpful, and I found that even though the course was challenging, it was very informative. In the beginning, I had zero knowledge of teaching, but now I feel much more confident as I search for my first job overseas. I'd read that this course was very tough, and it's true, but it's a gradually process that goes from slightly easy to really difficult. I'd never before created full lesson plans or activity worksheets from scratch—now that I've done that, I know I can take on anything. It keeps you on your toes and it has shaped me into a better facilitator! I don't have my degree yet, but that still isn't stopping me from achieving my dream of traveling! Future students, I'd say 'go for it and have fun!'

Keep in mind you must complete 20 hours of observation or tutoring or teaching!
Response from International TEFL Academy

Thank you so, so much for this review, Kayla! This really made our day! We are so glad you had such a great experience. Don't hesitate to get in touch if we can ever help you out! - ITA

Stephanie

Good Class to take while still working and #doinglife!

I completed the online class, and found it very capable of having a working schedule during the day and still be able to complete my course load. I loved my teacher Kristin Jones! I feel very confident in my lesson plan writing skills, and ability to teach a class full of students that may have never experienced the English language. Grateful to ITA for their course! The online webinars really helped with completing the final project as well as understanding the material. I have not used the job finder help yet, but they have already reached out to me and want me to succeed in finding a job! I suggest that students interested should invest in buying the grammar book as well as the textbook in hardcopy. I used them routinely throughout my course and fully intend on using it as I teach.

That it may be difficult, but not impossible to find a job without a degree in the online platforms of teaching.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Thank you so much for this review! We will also pass this over to Kristin, it will really make her day. Glad you had a great experience in your class. We're always here for job search guidance so don't hesitate to get in touch! - ITA

Naydene

ITA 2019

My initial thoughts were that I won't be able to cope with assignments and online tests while having a full-time job + being a mother of 2. As I progressed with my course I saw that it was really not that hectic (as I thought it was going to be). I was able to submit all my assignments on time, every week! I really enjoyed learning something new in every chapter. The content is resourceful and helpful. A tip to future TEFL students, I printed out every weeks chapter readings, and put it in a file. When I got time off at work, during my lunch break, I would study! It also helps to have it printed when you have to do your online tests, because each test has a one hour time limit. It just makes it easier to look up answers instead of searching online. I am glad I took the courage to sign up with ITA!

I think this program needs no improvements. It covers all you need to know!
Michael

I Recommend it!

I'm always happy when I find those rare instructors and programs that actually know their subject well enough and care enough about it to teach it well---with strategically placed content and relevant student tasks. ITA is a great example of such a program and such instructors. The homework took just the right amount of time each week and I truly found myself learning things that felt useful. I often felt inspired to apply what I learned, as I could easily see its application and importance. I usually don't write reviews of products and services, but because ITA did such a good job of meeting a need that I rarely see met, I wanted to write this review. I really want ITA to become an example to the world of good teaching and good student programs.

It met all my expectations. No improvements come to mind.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About International TEFL Academy

International TEFL Academy is passionate about two things: 1) Providing the highest quality TEFL certification classes. 2) Ensuring all of our graduates find professional, paid English teaching jobs abroad & have a wonderful experience overseas. All...