International TEFL Courses & Job Search Guidance with ITA

Interested in getting paid to travel the world? With International TEFL Academy’s Online TEFL class, you’ll be qualified to teach English in 80+ countries worldwide.

Are You...

- A native English speaker from the U.S. or Canada over the age of 21?
- Looking for a way to make money while living abroad in Europe, Asia, Latin America, or the Middle East?
- Passionate about education and eager to earn your accredited TEFL certificate?

If yes, then armed with your ITA TEFL certification & our lifetime job search guidance, you'll be able to find professional English teaching jobs in countries like Spain, Costa Rica, and South Korea.

A job teaching English abroad is a fantastic way to gain professional work experience, learn a new language, make new friends, and ultimately one of the best ways to make money while traveling and living abroad.

Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?

• One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: What TEFL class is best for me? What country is best for me? How much money do I need to bring with me? Your own personal ITA advisor will help you navigate these questions about TEFL certification, teaching abroad, and many more! Your advisor will educate you on how to find English teaching jobs in 80+ countries around the world before enrolling in your class. Your advisor will help you decide if teaching English abroad is a good fit for you!
  • Professional Level TEFL Certification Courses: We offer accredited TEFL certification courses online (11 weeks online) and in-person (4 weeks) in 25 locations worldwide that exceed international professional standards of instructor qualifications, class, and student teaching hours.
  • We Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone on the ITA staff has extensive experience international experience. Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad from first-hand experience.
  • One-on-One Job Search Guidance: How do I find a job? How do I make friends? What paperwork do I need for my visa? Once enrolled in any ITA TEFL class, you’ll work with our team of expert job search advisors to help you out with these three questions and many, many more. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets around the world.
  • Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 15,000 ITA alumni teaching English across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you head out & get your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad.

How Do I Get Started?

Contact International TEFL Academy for your starter brochure or call us directly at 773-634-9900 & start working with your personal Admission Advisors. Your advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your all of your questions, go over your options & set up your game plan to see the world. Your advisor will be happy to speak with you as many times as you need to go over job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options & much more.

Your journey begins now so let’s get in touch & let’s get started!

• Instruction 8.9
  • Difficulty 7.6
  • Job Assistance 8.4
James

Overall very good

I enjoyed my TEFL course but it was not terribly difficult. My certificate has certainly made me much more marketable and valuable in China. The market for teachers is so high in China they hire many non-native English speakers, mostly from Russia, and try to pass them off as native speakers. Being a native speaker with a degree and a TEFL certificate increases a teacher's salary by a very large margin in China.

Better help with job search guidance.
Geraldine

ITA ONLINE

This program was so well put together, you had very clear guidelines, ebook and professor live lessons, i really enjoyed being able to schedule my course around my work schedule at the time. The practicum was extremely insightful and great tool to network too. i highly suggest taking this course it was so reasonable, affordable and useful to me in my job searches. They also provided great job searching tools and alumni facebook groups that we were able to join and gather more "from the field" real life experiences from the specific country you were interested in.

no suggestions currently
Jessica

Gateway to the world

ITA is an excellent company to get your teaching certification through. I'm very glad that I used their services. Not only was it a simple process to get the certification, but they support you even after you've completed your program. I think my favorite thing about ITA is the community groups on Facebook in which fellow alumni help provide information about the various locations you want to teach in. All the major areas have their own page, like South Korea, Japan, etc. The website and the information on Facebook really prepared me for my travel to South Korea. Considering I can go live in over 60 countries, it really is a gateway to discover the world. I'm enjoying learning the culture and language of my host country. You should come join the adventure!

Camille

Great decision with future opportunities

I definitely am glad I decided to get my TEFL through ITA. The course itself taught me so much. I am now a teacher for an incredible company in Santiago, Chile, thanks to the alumni community and connections through International TEFL Academy. I teach both business professionals and children and can definitely say that the online course gave me many amazing and applicable ideas that I now use every day in the classroom. I have also now had the opportunity to be an alumni video ambassador for ITA which has challenged me in a new way to hone in on my hobby for video making and allowed me to help future TEFL graduates understand what it is like to teach and live abroad in Santiago, Chile!

The only major critique I have for ITA is the price. I think the online course is a bit pricey and not very accessible to many who would like to live abroad but don't have the luxury of putting off student loans or a strong savings account, post-university.
Ben

Get Certified with International TEFL Academy

My wife and I did this program together about a year ago. We were both working full time and chose to take the online course. The flexibility of taking the course online was great. We were able to devote enough time to it on the weekends and in the evenings. Overall my interactions with ITA were great. I definitely remember my phone call with ITA asking all the questions I could think of before I actually enrolled. They were great at explaining the scope of the commitment. Throughout the course they were very helpful and the instruction was great. When it came time to apply for jobs, we definitely relied on ITA to be a sounding board and they got us ready and prepared for any interviews. Now almost 9 months into our first contact, I wouldn’t have done it any other way.

Ivan Joshua

Cambodia

Imagine a country full of ancient and modern history, saturated with temples, wildlife, rice fields, grasslands, and beaches. A country with friendly
people and smiling children in abundance. The country is stunning with beautiful beaches and awe inspiring temples. The food is out of this world and so reasonably priced! It’s relatively easy to get around the city ( Phnom Penh) with all the tuk tuks. I just need more time to explore .... This country is CAMBODIA!

Johanna

Taught to fish

I took this course in 2016, and I found that I felt very ready to teach. They taught me how to teach English, I was assisted in finding a job, housing and making local friends even. Although they provided me with a lot of material, they also taught me how to create and seek out material on my own (teaching me to fish instead of simply giving me the fish). I feel that this course prepared me very well to go out and teach, as well as preparing me well for life in Costa Rica, with culture shock courses and information about local culture. Luke and Melanie are the absolute best.

A very happy Jenny on a fishing boat in Greece
Jennifer

Solid preparation + convenience

I admit I thought this program would be easy based on online college classes I'd taken before, but I actually found this rather challenging--but in a good way. If I go overseas and am placed in a classroom with few resources, I want to have SOME idea of how to get started, and this program provided incredibly pertinent resources and assignments. (I have experience as an English teacher to English speaking students, and I found this way more helpful than the knowledge I already had.) At the end of the modules, students walk away with full lesson plans and they can all be catered to the country and age groups one is interested in teaching. I would highly recommend this program. Just note: there are practicum hours required, and if you're offsite (i.e., taking this course online), you'll have to find your own avenue of ELL students to work with. This proved to be pretty easy where I live, but depending where you are, it may be more challenging.

They do promise help in job placement, but if you have a very specific place you'd like to work (I REALLY want to work in Greece), I've found the resources there limited and could not find a job.
--to be clear, if I had an EU visa, I could easily find tutoring or other jobs, but I have not found a way to stay in Greece as an American. Some people, I'm sure, sidestep legality, but I was trying to do things the right way.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Hey Jennifer,

Thanks for sharing your detailed feedback about the Online course!

When it comes to Greece, like you said, it is a very difficult place to teach if you do not have EU citizenship. We strive to set accurate, realistic expectations with every student before they ever enroll in one of our TEFL classes. Our pre-enrollment advisors work with every student one-on-one to understand what their unique goals are for teaching abroad, and from there, we work together with the student to craft this plan so everyone is on the same page and all expectations are aligned.

For Greece specifically, every ITA pre-enrollment advisor tells prospective students up front that it's extremely difficult to find paid teaching jobs if you're not an EU citizen. We advise non-EU citizens to teach and live elsewhere in Europe (like the Czech Republic, Germany, Poland, etc) and then take trips to Greece.

We keep this same message about Greece (and similar markets) consistent across our website so there are no wrong expectations.

We have a team of job search advisors who are also very detailed about letting anyone wanting to teach in Greece know that it's not a wise plan and we then try to create a new plan with them. Of course our graduates are free to try anything they want, but we really do our best to make sure everyone is fully informed before they head abroad.

These kinds of things in the English teaching market do change, be it work visa rules, economies, demand, government programs, regime changes, etc., so we are always doing our best to give our students the most current information as we get it.

Sorry for the long-winded reply, but again, thank you so much for your detailed feedback. If there's anything we can do to help you out in the future please get in touch!

- ITA

Robin

ITA is a Great Company

I had a great experience with the International TEFL Academy. I found them through a friend and I'm so glad I did. They partner with schools all around the world and offer convenient, relevant TEFL training at reasonable rates. They provide counseling before, and job placement after. All of their information is up to date, and really helpful. I love having access to the active alumni community. They have been able to answer all of my questions regarding the training process. I am looking forward to working with them for the job search.

It would be nice if you could connect current students with housing locations options chosen by former students. I'm really happy I stayed in the location I was in because I got to see more of the city. If I had stayed close to the school, as I originally planned, I would have been disappointed. I also think the housing offered by the school would have been too far and would have made it difficult to participate with social activities arranged by my classmates.
James

A fantastic week on Thai Intro

Wow, where do I start, the organisation of this trip was incredible. It’s the most brilliant introduction to Thailand and entitles you to travel Thailand further after the trip with the friends you have made. The leader Britt was so enthusiastic about Thailand and inspired us to want to travel other countries in Asia too. We can’t wait to explore Vietnam with Intro Travel next year! What an amazing way to end the year.

It can’t, perfect.
Megan

International TEFL Academy

International TEFL Academy is an absolutely incredible program! Not only is the coursework applicable to teaching in the ESL classroom, but their constant support and guidance is priceless. The team at International TEFL Academy have experience in the ESL job network and they know how to advice their student. This program is perfect for anyone looking to teach English abroad! Thanks to International TEFL Academy, I have been teaching abroad for 2 years and plan to make this my life-long career!

Response from International TEFL Academy

Thanks Megan for the great review we are excited to hear that we have helped your fulfill your dream of teaching abroad! We look forward to hearing more of your adventures abroad.

Daisy

TEFL Course - Chicago

I undertook my TEFL course with ITA in October 2015. It was my third attempt at trying the TEFL course. I had signed up for TEFL courses, with different institutions, in Thailand and Costa Rica, in 2015. However, the way TEFL was being taught in Thailand and Costa Rica was not for me. The way that TEFL was taught with International TEFL Academy - Chicago was for me :). The institution and staff are; friendly, professional and the course was wonderful. The instructors were excellent - supportive, positive and engaging.
In 2016, I worked as an ESL teacher in Colombia, S.America for a year. This was amazing - I had the opportunity to work on a very exciting project, also through the organization I got a teaching job with, Volunteers Colombia (it was paid :)).
This year, 2017, I am working in S.Korea in a private school. I love this.
The course with ITA is a very high quality, and gives a standard of TEFL that a lot of recruiters ask for.

Michael

COURSE REVIEW

The course was detailed and the format was great! It was difficult at times downloading the material. This was due more to my neophyte computer skills.
Whenever I needed assistance there was always someone available to assist.
Those who assisted were knowledgeable and provided positive feedback (they were also patient)
The course I believe was excellent in getting me prepared for teaching overseas.
The projects required detail planning and creativity. It was a positive and challenging experience

Kristi

Go abroad with ITA

ITA is was super helpful and informative. They set you up with an advisor from the beginning and help you. My questions were always answered within a day and I was never left in the dark or to figure things out on my own. I took the course online which is great because I was able to still work and earn my certification. They provide with as much information as you need and the tools to succeed. I will always recommend ITA to anyone

Edward

International TEFL Academy--A Fantastic Value!

I took an online TEFL certification course with ITA in October-December 2016. I found it to be thoroughly impressive overall; as a result, it prepared me comprehensively for teaching overseas. As someone who entered the course as an experienced university instructor, I particularly benefited from the course's consistent focus on the unique demands and opportunities of international TEFL teaching. A strong element of the program is its use of instructors with extensive teaching experience. The guidance my teacher provided has proved over and over to be very helpful to me and my students.

About International TEFL Academy

International TEFL Academy is passionate about two things:

1) Providing the highest quality TEFL certification classes.

2) Ensuring all of our graduates find professional, paid English teaching jobs abroad & have a wonderful experience overseas.

...