Get TEFL Certified & Teach English Online or Abroad in 2021 with International TEFL Academy

Interested in getting paid to travel the world in 2021? With International TEFL Academy’s Online TEFL class, you’ll be qualified to both teach English in 80+ countries worldwide and also to teach English online. In the age of coronavirus, a TEFL certification is a legitimate way to gain employment.

If You Are...

- A native English speaker from the U.S. or Canada & at least 21 years old
- Looking for a way to make money while living abroad in Europe, Asia, Latin America, or the Middle East
- Passionate about education and eager to earn your accredited TEFL certificate

Then armed with your ITA TEFL certification & our lifetime job search guidance, you'll be able to find professional English teaching jobs online and in countries like Spain, Costa Rica, and South Korea.

Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?

• One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: What TEFL class is best for me? What country is best for me? How much money do I need to bring with me? Your own personal ITA advisor will help you navigate these questions about TEFL certification, teaching abroad, and many more! Your advisor will educate you on how to find English teaching jobs in 80+ countries around the world before enrolling in your class. Your advisor will help you decide if teaching English abroad is a good fit for you!
  • Professional Level TEFL Certification Courses: We offer accredited TEFL certification courses online (11 weeks online) and in-person (4 weeks) in 25 locations worldwide that exceed international professional standards of instructor qualifications, class, and student teaching hours.
  • We Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone on the ITA staff has extensive experience international experience. Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad from first-hand experience.
  • One-on-One Job Search Guidance: How do I find a job? How do I make friends? What paperwork do I need for my visa? Once enrolled in any ITA TEFL class, you’ll work with our team of expert job search advisors to help you out with these three questions and many, many more. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets around the world.
  • Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 15,000 ITA alumni teaching English across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you head out & get your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad.

How Do I Get Started?

Contact International TEFL Academy for your starter brochure or call us directly at 773-634-9900 & start working with your personal Admission Advisors. Your advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your all of your questions, go over your options & set up your game plan to see the world. Your advisor will be happy to speak with you as many times as you need to go over job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options & much more.

Your journey begins now so let’s get in touch & let’s get started!

How Has Coronavirus (COVID-19) Affected Teaching English Abroad, Online & Getting TEFL Certified?

Should I still get TEFL certified? Is it still safe to plan on teaching English abroad? Can I still teach English online? Get all of your frequently asked questions about getting TEFL certified and teaching English abroad & online during the coronavirus outbreak in the article below:

The answer is it depends entirely on which country you choose to teach in. I made a lot of money in China but it is not an easy place to live.

Well first you need to get a work visa and your family can come as Accompanying family members

I got the certification through ITA because I was going to study abroad. With a wife and son, I knew I needed to work while I studied. I finished the certification course in April and have been teaching English online since June. I would not have gotten these online opportunities were it not for the certification. This has been a wonderful option for me and my family.

• Instruction 9.3
  • Academic Rigor 7.7
  • Job Assistance 8.7
  • Content 5.5
  • Engagement 7.5
  • Platform 5.5
Sarang
No, I don't recommend this program

IT'S A TRAP! DON'T SPEND A THOUSAND DOLLARS!

PLEASE READ TILL END!! I beg you.
You can easily get your TEFL certification online from a much cheaper website.
There is no thing as a "fake TEFL certification". My sister and I lost over $2,000 on this program, and we're not even able to get a job due to visa problems. PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY!! You can find the similar programs for less than $100. The assignments and videos given were outdated and unnecessarily long. When you try to apply for their course, they contact you right away and stay in touch with you. After the program, they don't even try to help you find a job, which they promised prior to registering. I am still unable to find an English teaching job. I tried several times contacting the company but NO response. I called and emailed. PLEASE PLEASE save yourself and DON'T apply to this overpriced program. Hagwons in Korea do not require 4 year degrees, but this TEFL organization keeps ignoring that information when I talked to them. They will try to convince the heck out of you saying the cheaper TEFL options won't give you the "full experience". To be honest, schools don't even look at the TEFL certifications. Talking to many people teaching abroad in Korea, all of them said they won't care about your TEFL as long as you're from an English speaking country. There is no official thing as a real TEFL certification. Anybody can set up their own site claiming to sell TEFL certifications and that TEFL certificate will be valid for use. Save yourself time and money by listening to me. I usually don't post reviews, but this had to be said. I wish somebody else would've put this review for me before I took their course.

This company is ripping all their students off by charging a thousand dollars.
I really wish I didn't do this stupid program. You can find the same TEFL certification programs for SO MUCH cheaper. I promise. It doesn't matter where you get your TEFL certification. Some places don't even check. DON'T FALL FOR THIS TRAP!
Response from International TEFL Academy

Hello Sarang,

Based on your feedback, we wanted to reach out to address some of the points you mention in your review.

First, all International TEFL Academy operated classes are externally monitored and approved at a Level 5 Ofqual (British Government) accreditation by TQUK (authorized accreditor of Ofqual). There are many low-cost courses and certificates available, but they will not meet the same standards of accreditation, if they are accredited at all. This accreditation ensures that your TEFL certificate from us here at ITA is globally recognized. It also lets schools know that you have completed a training that includes not only theory, but a hands-on teaching practicum experience as well. There is a long list of significant differences between ITA and any TEFL provider that offers courses for $100.

Students who reach out to us here at ITA speak with professionally trained Admissions Advisors before they enroll. We require this to ensure every student fully understands their realistic options for moving abroad and understands what we do as an organization (pre-enrollment guidance, accredited TEFL courses, lifetime job search assistance, etc.) We want to be as transparent as possible with every single student so everyone's expectations are aligned. When you and your sister reached out, you were in touch with one of our Admissions Advisors regarding the feasibility of teaching English in South Korea without a university degree. You were informed before you enrolled that South Korea does in fact require a four-year university degree in order to obtain a work visa in Korea. Your Admissions Advisor also shared information about additional options and job markets around the world that do not require a four-year university degree.

Finally, when you reached out to our Student Affairs department regarding your job search, you received a response within 1 business day with answers to your inquiries. If you would like to resume your job search, we are here to help and would be happy to work with you at any time. Our job search guidance is lifetime and we will be here to help you whenever you are ready to get started.

- ITA

Jennifer

International TEFL Academy

The International TEFL Academy was very easy to fit into my schedule. I loved how everything was set up each week of doing peer responses, a quiz, and an activity. It is a good mix of lesson planning and learning for the activities. The book used is amazing and easy to understand. The second instructor was good at explaining what was going on each week and graded the homework quickly. I also felt heard through the experience, when I felt like my first instructor was not doing the best, ITA immediately found a new instructor to take over and help make the rest of the class. My favorite thing was that I got an extra 60 days after the 11 weeks to complete the practicum experience.

Ana

TEFL Course review

I am a lawyer by profession. I have spent all my life behind a computer trying to solve urgent problems happening all around the world in the shipping industry. I had never worked with children nor as a teacher before. The course gives you a very good insight as to how a language should be taught. This method is far from the methods used when I was at school. At that time we only learned grammar and literature and never in context . The TEFL course shows you how to teach grammar and vocabulary, always in context, making sure the student is in the centre of the class, learning games that students enjoy.

Giving more guarantees about finding jobs afterwards.
Brant

A Challenging but Reward course

The International TEFL/TESOL Course was the best decision for me because it allowed a degree of flexibility that other courses different offer, but, don't let the online nature of this class fool you. The class content was rich and the amount of materials, examples, videos, etc was outstanding. The course instructor I had (Barbara) was excellent in providing constructive feedback, live office hours, and timely with assignment grading. If you're looking for a course that will give you what you need to know to teach English abroad, and more, this is the one.

Elizabeth

ITA Final Course Evaluation

International TEFL/TESOL is definitely not one of those certifications they just hand out for a fee. I found the course to be very informative and very challenging. Definitely not an easy A! I feel confident that I am now qualified to teach in just about any environment and that I was properly trained. I would have liked a little more time to complete assignments and take advantage of some of the resources like the live lectures. I may try to go back and rewatch some videos before it's too late.

I would like more time to access resources such as the live lectures.
Response from International TEFL Academy

We really appreciate this review! You're 100% right - we are not one of those TEFL classes where you just get a piece of paper. You truly have to put in the time and effort to make it happen, so we're very glad that you did and had a great experience! We are always here to assist you along the way, so don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll be here! Cheers to all your adventures! - ITA

Trinity

TEFL Review

This TEFL course has helped me understand how to become a stronger teacher and has given me the tools/resources to continually improve upon that. I have enjoyed every week of the course and hope to utilize the strong TEFL community moving into the future. After near completion, I am glad to have chosen the International TEFL School over other options as it exceeded my expectations. More than anything this course has allowed me the mindfulness of how to approach the world of teaching and provided a strong base to build on.

Response from International TEFL Academy

Hey Trinity,

Thanks for this review! We are so glad that you're experience exceeded expectations. We're always here to assist you so don't hesitate to get in touch! - ITA

Timothy

Exceptional Experience

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience as an International TEFL Academy student. The Support Staff and Instructors were exceptional from start to finish. I now feel genuinely empowered as I pursue my aspirations to teach ESL to adults. I have travelled to several countries already. I intend to use the information that I have learned to prepare me to be an even more effective teacher. I am excited about what lies in store for the future thanks to the ITEFL course. Take this course -- You won't regret it.

I am overall pleased with everything that the program offered. If you want a challenge and are willing to make an effort, sign up and go for it! No regrets.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Hey Timothy,

Thank you so much for sharing your store and writing this review. We greatly appreciate your insights. We're always here if you need any job search assistance or have any questions, so don't hesitate to get in touch! - ITA

Melinda

ITA Review

If you have chosen to obtain your TEFL certificate through ITA, you have just made the best decision of your life. The entire staff from your recruitment person to your instructor to the tech support to the employment guidance personnel are completely dedicated to your success. The course work is challenging but doable and each assignment helps to build you into a better ESL instructor. You will definitely feel more confident and eager to teach abroad by the end of the term. I simply cannot recommend this course enough!

Just maybe a little more encouragement for the older student who wants to pursue this path.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Hey Melinda, Thank you so, so much for taking the time to write this review. Truly, your review means a lot to us and we are so glad you've had a fantastic experience. We've always got your back, so don't hesitate to get in touch and we're here to help! - ITA