International TEFL/TESOL Courses & Job Search Guidance with ITA

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, International TEFL Academy has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

My group
My group
John Lennon Wall, Prague, Czech Republic
John Lennon Wall, Prague, Czech Republic
Eger, Hungary
Eger, Hungary
Budapest, Hungary
Budapest, Hungary
Hiking the Alps in Austria.
Hiking the Alps in Austria.
An amazing foggy view of Prague from the castle grounds.
An amazing foggy view of Prague from the castle grounds.
The best beach in Lefkada Greece!
The best beach in Lefkada Greece!
My first day in Shanghai, visiting my new school!

Interested in getting paid to travel the world? With International TEFL Academy’s Online TEFL class, you’ll be qualified to teach English in 80+ countries worldwide.

Are You...

- A native English speaker from the U.S. or Canada & at least 21 years old?
- Looking for a way to make money while living abroad in Europe, Asia, Latin America, or the Middle East?
- Passionate about education and eager to earn your accredited TEFL certificate?

If yes, then armed with your ITA TEFL certification & our lifetime job search guidance, you'll be able to find professional English teaching jobs in countries like Spain, Costa Rica, and South Korea.

A job teaching English abroad is a fantastic way to gain professional work experience, learn a new language, make new friends, and ultimately one of the best ways to make money while traveling and living abroad.

Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?

• One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: What TEFL class is best for me? What country is best for me? How much money do I need to bring with me? Your own personal ITA advisor will help you navigate these questions about TEFL certification, teaching abroad, and many more! Your advisor will educate you on how to find English teaching jobs in 80+ countries around the world before enrolling in your class. Your advisor will help you decide if teaching English abroad is a good fit for you!
  • Professional Level TEFL Certification Courses: We offer accredited TEFL certification courses online (11 weeks online) and in-person (4 weeks) in 25 locations worldwide that exceed international professional standards of instructor qualifications, class, and student teaching hours.
  • We Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone on the ITA staff has extensive experience international experience. Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad from first-hand experience.
  • One-on-One Job Search Guidance: How do I find a job? How do I make friends? What paperwork do I need for my visa? Once enrolled in any ITA TEFL class, you’ll work with our team of expert job search advisors to help you out with these three questions and many, many more. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets around the world.
  • Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 15,000 ITA alumni teaching English across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you head out & get your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad.

How Do I Get Started?

Contact International TEFL Academy for your starter brochure or call us directly at 773-634-9900 & start working with your personal Admission Advisors. Your advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your all of your questions, go over your options & set up your game plan to see the world. Your advisor will be happy to speak with you as many times as you need to go over job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options & much more.

Your journey begins now so let’s get in touch & let’s get started!

How Has Coronavirus (COVID-19) Affected Teaching English Abroad, Online & Getting TEFL Certified?

Should I still get TEFL certified? Is it still safe to plan on teaching English abroad? Can I still teach English online? Get all of your frequently asked questions about getting TEFL certified and teaching English abroad & online during the coronavirus outbreak in the article below:

The answer is it depends entirely on which country you choose to teach in. I made a lot of money in China but it is not an easy place to live.

Well first you need to get a work visa and your family can come as Accompanying family members

I got the certification through ITA because I was going to study abroad. With a wife and son, I knew I needed to work while I studied. I finished the certification course in April and have been teaching English online since June. I would not have gotten these online opportunities were it not for the certification. This has been a wonderful option for me and my family.

I have a TEFL certification and I'm teaching at a wonderful language school in the far northeast of Russia.

• Instruction 9.3
  • Academic Rigor 7.7
  • Job Assistance 8.7
Ana

TEFL Course review

I am a lawyer by profession. I have spent all my life behind a computer trying to solve urgent problems happening all around the world in the shipping industry. I had never worked with children nor as a teacher before. The course gives you a very good insight as to how a language should be taught. This method is far from the methods used when I was at school. At that time we only learned grammar and literature and never in context . The TEFL course shows you how to teach grammar and vocabulary, always in context, making sure the student is in the centre of the class, learning games that students enjoy.

Giving more guarantees about finding jobs afterwards.
Brant

A Challenging but Reward course

The International TEFL/TESOL Course was the best decision for me because it allowed a degree of flexibility that other courses different offer, but, don't let the online nature of this class fool you. The class content was rich and the amount of materials, examples, videos, etc was outstanding. The course instructor I had (Barbara) was excellent in providing constructive feedback, live office hours, and timely with assignment grading. If you're looking for a course that will give you what you need to know to teach English abroad, and more, this is the one.

Elizabeth

ITA Final Course Evaluation

International TEFL/TESOL is definitely not one of those certifications they just hand out for a fee. I found the course to be very informative and very challenging. Definitely not an easy A! I feel confident that I am now qualified to teach in just about any environment and that I was properly trained. I would have liked a little more time to complete assignments and take advantage of some of the resources like the live lectures. I may try to go back and rewatch some videos before it's too late.

I would like more time to access resources such as the live lectures.
Response from International TEFL Academy

We really appreciate this review! You're 100% right - we are not one of those TEFL classes where you just get a piece of paper. You truly have to put in the time and effort to make it happen, so we're very glad that you did and had a great experience! We are always here to assist you along the way, so don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll be here! Cheers to all your adventures! - ITA

Trinity

TEFL Review

This TEFL course has helped me understand how to become a stronger teacher and has given me the tools/resources to continually improve upon that. I have enjoyed every week of the course and hope to utilize the strong TEFL community moving into the future. After near completion, I am glad to have chosen the International TEFL School over other options as it exceeded my expectations. More than anything this course has allowed me the mindfulness of how to approach the world of teaching and provided a strong base to build on.

Response from International TEFL Academy

Hey Trinity,

Thanks for this review! We are so glad that you're experience exceeded expectations. We're always here to assist you so don't hesitate to get in touch! - ITA

Timothy

Exceptional Experience

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience as an International TEFL Academy student. The Support Staff and Instructors were exceptional from start to finish. I now feel genuinely empowered as I pursue my aspirations to teach ESL to adults. I have travelled to several countries already. I intend to use the information that I have learned to prepare me to be an even more effective teacher. I am excited about what lies in store for the future thanks to the ITEFL course. Take this course -- You won't regret it.

I am overall pleased with everything that the program offered. If you want a challenge and are willing to make an effort, sign up and go for it! No regrets.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Hey Timothy,

Thank you so much for sharing your store and writing this review. We greatly appreciate your insights. We're always here if you need any job search assistance or have any questions, so don't hesitate to get in touch! - ITA

Melinda

ITA Review

If you have chosen to obtain your TEFL certificate through ITA, you have just made the best decision of your life. The entire staff from your recruitment person to your instructor to the tech support to the employment guidance personnel are completely dedicated to your success. The course work is challenging but doable and each assignment helps to build you into a better ESL instructor. You will definitely feel more confident and eager to teach abroad by the end of the term. I simply cannot recommend this course enough!

Just maybe a little more encouragement for the older student who wants to pursue this path.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Hey Melinda, Thank you so, so much for taking the time to write this review. Truly, your review means a lot to us and we are so glad you've had a fantastic experience. We've always got your back, so don't hesitate to get in touch and we're here to help! - ITA

Jay

International TEFL Academy (ITA)

I am super impressed with ITA's professionalism throughout the course. The course is well structured, organized and easy to understand. My instructor was available, helpful and a great communicator who gave honest and helpful feedback. The coursework was relevant and the assignments were building blocks to prepare one for real teaching experiences. In addition to the instruction, ITA provides a lot of extra teaching resources like, teacher office hours, live instruction, teaching videos, peer chat opportunities and much more. ITA's staff is very accessible for job guidance, country selection and general information on teaching abroad. I felt like I got a top-notch education at a great value. Thank you ITA for your commitment to providing excellence in TEFL certification.

I was very satisfied and ITA exceeded my expectations.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Thank you for taking the time to share your story and write this review. It truly means a lot to us and it made our day to read it. We are so, so glad that you've had a great experience. We are always here to help you so get in touch anytime! Cheers, ITA

Joseph

Get Your TEFL Certificate with ITA Today

For me, this course was exactly what I needed. I had never created a lesson plan and I have zero experience teaching in a classroom. This course challenged me on a weekly basis and forced me out of my comfort zone which was exactly what I needed. What I can do, where I can go and how I want to live is now limitless with my TEFL Certificate. I plan to use my TEFL Certificate to teach Business English to adults for a private company in Italy. Until I am ready to move, I plan on teaching Business English online while here in the states once I complete both the supplemental Online Teaching course and the Teaching Business English course online with the International TEFL Academy.

The program is fine the way it is. However, I would like to see more ITA videos from the ITA instructors demonstrating as many aspects of teaching as possible. I have never taught before and I can definitely use the help.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Hey Joseph, Thank you so much for sharing your story and writing this review. You have an awesome plan and we can't wait to see where this adventure takes you! Italy is going to be incredible, great choice! We're always here to help you, so don't hesitate to get in touch! - ITA