Online TEFL Certification + Personalized Coaching & Tutoring

Welcome to online learning, teaching abroad, and international travel. This is not your Mom's Online TEFL Course

Yes--you can learn to teach English at a professional level by taking a self-paced, online course with Maximo Nivel.

The Maximo Nivel online TEFL Certification course is different from regular online courses. Most online TEFL courses simply concentrate on ESL theory; they’re automated online courses—"one-way learning" because you miss the class interaction and the practical teaching component that regular onsite TEFL courses offer. At Maximo Nivel, our online TEFL course has been built directly from our onsite TEFL course—not only do you get the theory, but you get to discuss it and ask questions with your TEFL Trainer through 15 hours of included one-on-one coaching and tutoring. Most importantly, you teach 6 one-hour lessons with a live English student online!

Maximo Nivel's one-on-one, personalized online TEFL training course makes you a better teacher!

Travel Grants Available for a Limited Time!

Ready to work as an English teacher abroad? Register today for our award winning TEFL Certification in Costa Rica, Guatemala and Peru and apply for a special travel grant.

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 8.7
  • Instruction 9.1
  • Academic Rigor 7.4
  • Job Assistance 9.4
Roxie

certificate program

I could not have asked for a better experience than with MaximoNivel. I researched many programs, but liked the self paced program. Audra, my trainer, was right there with me the whole way. Her feedback was always helpful, giving me the best opportunity to pass the course with the skill set needed to become an effective teacher. Her support made the experience positive and challenging. I would highly recommend the program whether it be in class or online. The opportunities are endless with the training received!

Absolutely nothing! The experience and knowledge gained was more than expected.
Sarah

The Online Course was AMAZING

I loved taking the online course! My instructor, Audra, was so helpful and patient with me. It was great that I could do the work on my own time and not feel rushed. I also loved the 6 hours of teaching via Zoom, as it was really beneficial in improving my teaching skills. I was a recent college grad when I started the course and by the end I was taking it while working a full-time job, so it's really adaptable for all kinds of lifestyles. I would absolutely recommend taking the online certification course if you don't have the time or money to go somewhere to take it!

Adela

It worked out perfectly!

I ended up choosing to do the online TEFL course a couple months ago when I was in university and decided I wanted to teach abroad when I graduated. I chose the online course as opposed to in person because I needed the flexibility of staying in my city to finish school, and also the availability to work around other classes I was taking. It worked out perfectly! I had never written a lesson plan before the course and now I feel so confident and excited for the job I am starting in Cusco, the job Maximo Nivel and my instructor Audra helped me get!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I was SO nervous for the practical training but my student was AMAZING and my instructor double checked my lesson plan which was really helpful!
Rachel

Online TEFL certification program

It has been a great experience! All the materials provided are so useful and truly accurate. Everything is really well-organized and the online course is so pleasant. It is a privilege to benefit from the program delivered by Máximo Nivel. You can really improve your teaching skills, become more creative as you prepare your class... In addition to this, it is an excellent way to reach teaching a language without knowing the mother tongue of the student - which can seem to be a big challenge, but MN makes it possible and in a very funny way ! Everyone would enjoy and would be passionate!

Mia

best decision ever made

Before this class I had taught in Spain for 2 years. I thought this class would be very easy and I'd fly through it. It was quite the opposite. I learned so much about myself and teaching, as well as speaking the English language in general. I work full time and have other responsibilities but the instructors really work with you to make sure you succeed. Audra, my particular instructor was very patient and accommodating. This program really prepared me for the classroom. The tools I gained from this coarse will be useful for a lifetime in all areas of my life.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I was told to redo an assignment I felt I put my everything in, 3 times. After the third time I wanted to quit, I even wrote an email saying I wanted to quit. I overcame it by talking with the instructor, telling her what was happening, discussing the assignment, and taking thier notes into consideration.
Madi

Listen Up Future ESL Abroad Teachers!

As a working, traveling college student, the online Maximo Nivel TEFL certification was absolutely perfect! I was able to work at my own pace with amazing support from my teacher Audra who was an absolute joy to work with. The materials provided I thought were extremely detailed and helpful. My favorite part was my online teaching practicum. I absolutely loved teaching online and the thought of being able to teach anyone in the world from my living room is so cool! I highly recommend taking the online class if you are like me and want to become an English teacher abroad yet lead a very busy life. I am looking forward to finding my first job abroad and am so excited that Maximo Nivel will be able to help me along the way. I hope future teachers interested in traveling and teaching decide to take this program!

I would add more video examples of topics covered. While the text describes the content very well, sometimes it is helpful to have examples of how to teach a certain topic.
Victoria

Good for an Online Course

ONLINE COURSE:
There is nothing wrong with only reading materials to learn how to teach- it just isn't for everyone. While there is the opportunity to speak with your trainer over Skype, this course would really improve from videos and other types of materials (and I hear they are in the process of adding that).

It is advertised that you can get this course done in two weeks... and you can't! I'd say 1 month is the minimum time needed to complete this, and that's if you work really hard.

Overall the materials get a 3/5, but the teachers get a 5/5. It is helpful getting advice on job-searching.

Personally, I would recommend an in-person certification. If anything just for the practical teaching component. However, this is definitely a good alternative if you genuinely can't find an in-person class.

Needs more than just books. Videos, audios, better examples.
Erika

Finally Certified

It took me awhile to finish the course, however, I had an excellent guidance and support throughout.

The hardest and most rewarding part of the course was the practical teaching. I was able to work one on one with a native Spanish speaker and help them improve their language skills. Teaching through Skype is very difficult. There are always technical difficulties that you will probably encounter. The support and assistance from the TEFL trainer really helps get things back on track so that you can continue teaching.