Join WorldTeach this January to December in Namibia.
For over 20 years, WorldTeach has partnered with the Namibian Ministry of Education to provide English, science, math and technology teachers in rural elementary, middle, and high schools throughout the country. WorldTeach has been working in Namibia since 1990, only months after the country’s independence, assisting the Ministry of Education in efforts to improve education standards and amend the inequalities of the Apartheid era. Similar to the our semester and summer program, volunteers are tasked to teach any of a variety of subjects from English, math, science, computer literacy, to health. Many of our volunteers also contribute to their community working to create extracurricular clubs and workshops with the limited resources.
While there is a great need in Namibia's rural areas, WorldTeach is sure to work with each volunteer to make sure that their placement is one in which they will be successful.
- Experience the contrasting beauty of Namibia
- Expand your ability to adapt and work effectively with limited resources
- Contribute to previous academic progress
- Engage in extracurricular activities and community life
- Earn an accredited TEFL certification (optional)