Starting from
$1260

Save $540 - Get TEFL certified and Teach English in Granada, Nicaragua

• Help teach some of the most impoverished children in Central America
  • Go on one of our school visits to experience teaching in a local school
  • Receive certification which is both accredited and internationally recognized
  • Enjoy the convenience of living in the school with other students and teachers
  • Truly experience the culture and love with a local family
Granada
40 hours/week
  • Apartment
  • Host Family

The aim of the 4 Week TEFL course in Granada, Nicaragua is to thoroughly prepare you for teaching EFL in any overseas environment. You will be able to prepare lessons for all age groups and levels and feel confident when selecting materials and activities.

Students will also get real hands on experience, designing and teaching their own English classes to the local community. We aim to provide a holistic learning experience beyond just teaching a methodology.

WORK STUDY: As part of our service to our TEFL students we will help organize accommodation, meals and offer Spanish lessons as part of the course. Truly experience what it is like to learn a foreign language and be able to empathize with your own students.

INCLUDED: Assistance with accommodation, Airport pickup. All materials.

NOT INCLUDED: Flights, Visa costs, Insurance.

Price Calculator

Start Dates

Programs begin on January 8th, February 12th, March 19th, April 30th, June 4th, July 9th, August 13th.

• Benefits
  • Facilities
  • Instruction
  • Difficulty
  • Job Assistance

Miri

Become a teacher and discover Nicaragua on your way

The course was intense but very rewarding. You have to plan six lessons during the course and then you will get to teach them in front of students of the English language. Paul was always there to support you and help you out. He also planned a few nice trips on the weekends (Laguna de Apoyo, kayaking through the islets, pacific beach). The other teachers at the school are also very nice. I'm glad I did this course with Paul and his team because I feel prepared to be an English teacher now and had lots of fun.

James

Great experience

Although the course fairly involved, it was extremely rewarding. I learnt a lot from it, and definitely felt equipped to start teaching. Paul offered a lot of help, and genuinely cared about your success on the course, and also during the teaching practices. The school is a great place. Very relaxing, with 4 beautiful cats. Paul was a great host! We went on a lot of fun day trips to beautiful places. I couldn't of chosen a better place to get my TEFL teaching qualification.

I can't think of anything at this point.

Cecilia

A year later and I still haven't left..

When I signed up for the 4 week intensive course, I had no idea about what to expect. I couldn't have dreamt that it was as rewarding, engaging and life changing as it was. While at times difficult, Paul and the rest of the staff supported me every step of the way and I learned things that would not only help me in my teaching career but in whatever future opportunities I embark on. This TEFL course not only provided me with the skills and confidence to teach anywhere int he world but it also gave me a close and inviting community that made me fall in love and decide to ultimately stay in Granada. I've now been here for over a year and still love teaching and my students.

Amy
England
University of Birmingham

Learn to teach in a beautiful city!

Completing my tefl certification with INTESOL was challenging, rewarding and enjoyable. There was a good balance between group sessions discussing teaching methods and actually getting in the classroom to observe some great teachers and deliver my own lessons. Paul is a knowledgeable and enthusiastic mentor, and will go out his way to help everyone succeed on the course. Paul and Cecilia are both really supportive and give useful feedback from lessons, they create a really positive atmosphere in the school and have great rapport with the local students. It was my first experience of teaching abroad and I definitely want to do more in the future.
The school is in a great building and well equipped, and in a very central location in Granada. The course can feel quite intensive and you will have a few late nights working but this means you will get a lot out of it. The course does allow you to 'have a go' at teaching for 4 weeks if that is what you want but it is more designed to help you genuinely start a good career in tefl teaching. And Paul arranges excursions at the weekends so you do get some down time!
I was lucky to have time to travel in Nicaragua before and after the course - definitely stay for longer than 4 weeks if you can to enjoy this amazing country!

William
Muscle Shoals
Athens State University

Don't wait!

My time with Intesol was one of the best experiences of my life!! Nicaragua is a beautiful country, and Granada is equally as majestic. Paul went above and beyond to help our class become the best teachers we could be. I forgot my laptop, but Paul was quick to let me borrow one. I couldn't have asked for a more accommodating and accomplished teacher than Paul. When you do a class like this, you become family with your other classmates. The other instructor, Cecilia, was equally as helpful. Their job is make a quality teacher out of you, and they do their job well.

The class itself is very intensive. Those looking to just skate by will be in for a shock. Great things don't come easy. This must be earned and will be appreciated the same. Paul does organize excursions for the weekends. Take advantage of this. He is very resourceful and will find the very best deals for the group. The feedback you receive from Paul, Cecilia, and your classmates is instrumental in molding you into the best you can be. Take advantage of the program's extremely competitive prices. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone. It is an unforgettable experience you will remember for the rest of your life.

Taylor
Monticello, MN
Bemidji State University

TEFL Nicaragua- INCREDIBLE

This course was one of the best decisions ever! I knew I wanted to get my TEFL certification before I went to teach abroad in Colombia, but I wasn't sure what course to take, there are so many options. INTESOL Nicaragua had a great deal going on so I looked more into the course, read great reviews, did some research on Nicaragua, and signed myself up! Couldn't have picked a better place to get a TEFL certification. It is an intense course, because you learn so much in such a short amount of time (1 month), but the teachers could not be more helpful! You get a lot of practice actually teaching (which is where you learn the most), and the teacher's provide you with such useful feedback. I learned so much about myself as a teacher! Not to mention, you are learning how to teach English in a beautiful country! If you don't mind the heat, you will fall in love with Nicaragua. It is a beautiful country, with so much to see and such friendly and humble people. Granada is an amazing city! The course is great because it is so small and intimate, it feels like family! You learn a lot, but you also have plenty of time to enjoy Nicaragua and the culture. Paul is awesome and sets up different weekend adventures such as going to the beach in San Juan del Sur, visiting the isletas (which is a must), or checking out Laguna de Apoyo! Paul does such a great job with this course, and will help you out with anything you need, whether it be school, living situations, you forgot your charger for your computer back home. He is super resourceful and super helpful! So are all of the teachers, Anna was fabulous, and willing to help with anything as well! I could go on and on of reasons why you should take this course, you won't regret it! You will get to practice your Spanish, practice teaching, and experience an amazing culture/see an amazing country. I loved it, and can't wait to go back to visit!

One thing I loved about this program was that in the beginning we had 3 Spanish lessons with an awesome Spanish teacher to see what it is like to learn a language. I think this program could be improved if they had a way to offer more Spanish lessons for those who are interested. Maybe, I could have taken more lessons if I would have just asked about it! But it was awesome and so much fun. Maria is the name of the teacher and she is so friendly and a great teacher. :)

Reall overall, just an amazing program! :)

Flora
Sussex, England

Great TEFL Course - great tutors and beautiful country

I have recently returned from studying at INTESOL Nicaragua and cannot recommend it enough. The course was comprehensive with ample classroom experience with time to observe and evaluate other lessons. The tutors were really helpful and knowledgeable and went out of their way to help students pass the course.
The weekend trips and day excursions were a great break from studying and I loved exploring Nicaragua's coastline and jungles.
Once I finished the course I had advice and help in finding a short-term voluntary placement with a local school.
I already miss Granada and the INTESOL staff and hope to return one day!

I think the only improvement would be to have more time to explore this beautiful country whilst studying.

Anna
Birmingham, UK

Demanding but brilliantly rewarding TEFL course

I found this TEFL course a real challenge – each day was full from about 8.30am to 5pm. We had homework and prep to do each evening as well. But, even though it was a tough few weeks, I really enjoyed it and was so pleased to pass the course and gain my TEFL qualification. I stayed in a great hostel near the centre of Granada – it was the perfect location for going out on the Calzada (the main street for bars and restaurants) on the weekends. My tutor, Paul, was always happy to help and give advice when I was completing the assignments and he gave really useful feedback after each teaching practice. He also gave me some really good tips and advice on finding a teaching job after I passed the course.

Antonio
San Diego

Nicaragua lived up to my expectations

Nicaragua surprised and impressed me throughout my stay. Granada is a beautiful colonial city full of great bars, restaurants and authentic Nicaraguan culture. The other places I visited during my stay were also beautiful and worth the trip – the beaches around San Juan Del Sur were the highlight for me. I found it hard to leave at the end of the course and will definitely be returning. The course itself is really comprehensive and I feel excited and confident in starting my teaching career. Thanks team INTESOL Nicaragua!

Daisy
London
Coventry University

TEFL in Granada - Great course, great location

As soon as I arrived in Granada I felt at ease thanks to the friendly and knowledgeable INTESOL staff. The course was quite demanding but really enjoyable too – we had a great group and tutor. The course had a good balance of group tuition sessions and teaching practice – I really enjoyed the challenge of teaching real students and getting experience in a classroom. Whenever I had queries my tutor was able to help – whether it was related to the course or related to finding a restaurant or bar in town! The organised trips outside of Granada were so much fun - definitely recommend the weekend excursions as I saw a lot of Nicaragua in 4 weeks.
Daisy, London, UK

The Go Overseas Guarantee

•   Secure payments
  •   Easy, direct messages
  •   Network of travelers
  •   Verified reviews

About the Provider

Our experienced teachers will guide you through the four week intensive course, ensuring you gain the necessary skills to become a successful EFL/ESL teacher. Partnership with a language school gives you the opportunity to practice techniques as you learn - plus receive immediate feedback. After